Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drew Morgan named to the Biletnikoff Award watch list

Started by Tejano Jawg, July 16, 2016, 12:36:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

thefisher

Good on him! Few players have accomplished more with greater challenges than he has.

Here's to hoping he has a dominating season again this year!!
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

RazorbackBassist

longpig

A TE and two receivers on watch list.  We're gonna have to throw for eleventyseventyseventh yards this season to keep all these guys competitive.
Don't be scared, be smart.

trashcan maN

Quote from: RazorbackBassist on July 16, 2016, 10:58:58 am
My Favorite current Razorback
Came here to post just that. That kid exemplifies Arkansas toughness.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

B501

lahawg1

If his shoulder stay in good shape this year we should see big things from him.

HogMantheIntruder

I do love me some Drew Morgan. Defenses are going to have to pick their poison this year. We will have playmakers everywhere on the field. I hope Austin gets really good at checking down quickly; he should just about always have someone open. Of course, that's assuming the OL can give him adequate protection, which I believe they will.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

CokeHog

Plus, wasn't he injured a lot of last year, or at least the last part of the season? Makes what he did even more impressive.
Go Hogs!

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: CokeHog on July 17, 2016, 07:00:23 am
Plus, wasn't he injured a lot of last year, or at least the last part of the season? Makes what he did even more impressive.
Yup, he injured his shoulder in game 7, if I'm not mistaken, and he played the rest of the year like a BOSS! He is one hell of a tough kid; I bet no one he's ever been in a fight with enjoyed the experience, regardless of the outcome.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

nchogg

Yes Drew is a very good receiver. In clutch time he just excels. He's also has that aggressive attitude when he plays and is tough enough to back it up. He has had that shoulder problem since High School if I remember correctly and now that he has got it repaired and will be 100% I look for even better things out of him. He is a team player but what can you say, Razorback teams under CBB are never "it's about me" it's all about the team.

Cinco de Hogo

Yes it's good to see DM getting accolades, so different than last year when you could count his adamant supporters in one hand.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Maximus Tusk

Quote from: factchecker on July 16, 2016, 12:30:13 pm

Thanks for posting that! Good example of a player who might not have had all the stars but who is absolutely DRIVEN to succeed... Love that guy!

Vantage 8 dude

Drew is just another prime example of how ratings coming out of high school don't always tell the true story of a kid's potential. He exemplifies the values of hard work and great attitude that so many kids who've played for the Hogs over the years have shown. Every play he makes is a testimony to his wonderful character and talent that many didn't necessarily see only a few years ago.  :) :D ;D

kibster

Quote from: factchecker on July 16, 2016, 12:30:13 pm

All but two passes from this film were play action, and both of those were out of shotgun.  Just goes to show how important having a threat in the backfield is important for our passing game. 

Also, I think Drew might be my favorite hog on roster as well.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

hview

I really like this kid, he's a great razorback and Arkansas born. He's also part of a solid senior class. This could a great year for razorback football. 

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 56s56 seconds ago

SEC 101: Ranking the Southeastern Conference's best players (51-75)
https://www.seccountry.com/sec/sec-101-ranking-the-southeastern-conferences-best-players-51-75

Getty Images

Quote62. Drew Morgan, Arkansas wide receiver
Senior | Height: 6-0 | Weight: 193 | Hometown: Greenwood, Ark.

He led the team in receptions (63), yards (843) and touchdowns (10) to help the offense break out of an early-season slump.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

younghog

Quote from: thefisher on July 16, 2016, 01:40:17 am
Good on him! Few players have accomplished more with greater challenges than he has.

Here's to hoping he has a dominating season again this year!!

Great job..

What challenges did he have?
GO HOGS

PorkSoda

Quote from: lahawg1 on July 16, 2016, 09:33:51 pm
If his shoulder stay in good shape this year we should see big things from him.
he had to reattach it after every catch last year, and still came back for more.  the dude is a cyborg. 

hopefully they got him all fixed up.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

trashcan maN

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 23, 2016, 05:47:04 pm
he had to reattach it after every catch last year, and still came back for more.  the dude is a cyborg. 

hopefully they got him all fixed up.
I rewatched the TAMU game the other day. Drew is just a wild man. He plays with no regard for his own health or safety lol

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?