Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Art Briles released by Baylor

Started by Lanny, May 26, 2016, 10:44:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on May 26, 2016, 01:27:11 pm
Good grief.  Dont confuse religion with people working for their own selfish agendas.

Religion is practiced by people.  It's not "religion" that has covered up things; it's the corrupt people who claim to be doing it under the cloak of religion that have done it. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on May 26, 2016, 01:35:38 pm
Which NCAA rule did they break? Title IX?

I think the ol' catch-all of "lack of institutional control" might be at work here.  Except it's not really a lack of control; it's a total control to suppress the truth.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 26, 2016, 01:36:04 pm
Religion is practiced by people.  It's not "religion" that has covered up things; it's the corrupt people who claim to be doing it under the cloak of religion that have done it. 
Well stated.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Smokehouse on May 26, 2016, 11:20:20 am
There's no doubt there are more people culpable at Baylor, and also in the Waco police department.
So much this. They were some DIRTY SoBs at Twin Peaks as well. Not to mention what Waco was already known for.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ALLVOL

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 26, 2016, 01:38:02 pm
I think the ol' catch-all of "lack of institutional control" might be at work here.  Except it's not really a lack of control; it's a total control to suppress the truth.
Cover up and lies get you. Ask Bruce Pearl.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Yamahog on May 26, 2016, 11:23:03 am
So, the Petrino formula for him? A season at a lesser school, then back to the big leagues? Argh.
he'll end up back at Houston. They will be hiring.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: SemperHawg on May 26, 2016, 12:32:29 pm
Its the same thing here with the Petrino thing...how many of the Razorback media couldn't preach loud enough about the genius of Bobby.  The minute he is gone, all you hear about is what a recruiting liability he was and how they never liked him anyways. 

I am by no means taking up for Petrino, I just don't like the piling on mentality.  Say what you want about the guy now, but no one had a problem when we were winning 21 games in two years and finishing in the top ten.
that's not ALL 'piling on". Don't you realize that some things are just kept quiet during any "regime" and you'll always hear dirt after the fact?
@Slackaveli

opineonswine

Quote from: GuvHog on May 26, 2016, 01:18:29 pm
You do realize that Baylor severed all ties with the Southern Baptist Convention years ago don't you??

You do realize Texas Baptists are all up in Baylor?  Many, many connections and lots of people would push Gus as the squeaky clean solution for Baylor.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: SemperHawg on May 26, 2016, 12:41:28 pm
Only you
he doesn't like the precident it sets. Because; dirty vols.
@Slackaveli

Hogarusa

"If Baylor has fired Art Briles it has made a statement about what the school stands for, and football does not rule over decency."

Wally Hall tweeted this today, our state sportwriter.  I'm in full shock by that thought
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: SemperHawg on May 26, 2016, 12:50:01 pm
You guys are missing the bigger picture here...the reason Baylor is in this mess to begin with is because a lot of people took a football wellness mentality into sexual assault investigations.  This mindset he is throwing out here is sad.  He is trying to make you not be happy or content with the morally correct decision being made based on who it might help in football.

This is the exact narrative to the whole freaking problem to start with!
Because; dirty Vol.
@Slackaveli

PonderinHog

Quote from: GuvHog on May 26, 2016, 01:18:29 pm
You do realize that Baylor severed all ties with the Southern Baptist Convention years ago don't you??
From their mission statement

QuoteChartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas and affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas, Baylor is both the state's oldest institution of higher learning and the world's largest Baptist university. Established to be a servant of the church and of society, Baylor seeks to fulfill its calling through excellence in teaching and research, in scholarship and publication, and in service to the community, both local and global.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

KlubhouseKonnected

Did any of y'all feel that breeze from the southeast? That was the collective sigh of relief down in Oxford.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

King Kong

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 26, 2016, 12:40:33 pm
For those happy about this remember that this helps Texas more than any team in the nation.

Maybe, but this will help Arkansas in Texas recruiting.

Providing one less quality in State School option to take 25 top P5 worthy recruits.

Assuming Baylor goes back to being Baylor

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

ALLVOL

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 26, 2016, 01:49:20 pm
Because; dirty Vol.
I'll give you credit. Being wrong doesn't bother you or slow you down.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 26, 2016, 01:56:09 pm
I'll give you credit. Being wrong doesn't bother you or slow you down.
he wasn't wrong  Quote from: SemperHawg on Today at 12:50:01 pm
You guys are missing the bigger picture here...the reason Baylor is in this mess to begin with is because a lot of people took a football wellness mentality into sexual assault investigations.  This mindset he is throwing out here is sad.  He is trying to make you not be happy or content with the morally correct decision being made based on who it might help in football.

Sounds EXACTLY like Tennessee and KPD to me.
@Slackaveli

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 26, 2016, 12:40:33 pm
For those happy about this remember that this helps Texas more than any team in the nation.
I don't particularly care about that. We don't play Texas.

This helps us more than it helps any other SEC team, besides the Aggies possibly.

I'm not going to wish for good things for Texass in a vacuum, but I'm not going to lament good fortune for us just to spite them either.

tl;dr -  :razorback: >  ::hornsdown::

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: hogcard1964 on May 26, 2016, 12:44:42 pm
Baylor<Auburn
There's an old saying about being one step ahead of the headsman.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 26, 2016, 01:59:55 pm
he wasn't wrong  Quote from: SemperHawg on Today at 12:50:01 pm

Sounds EXACTLY like Tennessee and KPD to me.
Spoken ignorance.
"It is far better to kepp your mouth shut and let people think your dumb than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

Quote from: opineonswine on May 26, 2016, 12:26:55 pm
I would bet big money Gus Malzahn is the new Baylor coach.
At the end of this season?

ALLVOL

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on May 26, 2016, 02:01:17 pm
I don't particularly care about that. We don't play Texas.

This helps us more than it helps any other SEC team, besides the Aggies possibly.

I'm not going to wish for good things for Texass in a vacuum, but I'm not going to lament good fortune for us just to spite them either.

tl;dr -  :razorback: >  ::hornsdown::
I can see this. Good point.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 26, 2016, 02:05:33 pm
Spoken ignorance.
"It is far better to kepp your mouth shut and let people think your dumb than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".
yet, you keep on talking. Jesus, you are slow.
@Slackaveli

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 26, 2016, 01:49:20 pm
Because; dirty Vol.
Why do you turn every Baylor thread into a Tennessee thread?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Karma on May 26, 2016, 02:06:38 pm
Me???? lmao. VOL did that 2 pages before i did. In fact, 6 posters mentioned it before me. Better question, why are you looking to call me out specifically?
@Slackaveli

hogsfan31

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 26, 2016, 11:15:59 am
There is one fair question to ask on this point though.  Obviously, Briles knew what was going on but was the system that allowed this happen larger than him?  One suspects so and with that in mind, the entire Baylor administration should be terminated. 

Clean the entire damn house. 
Starting with football, and moving up.

This. Every last one of them.

This isn't going away. The NCAA is now on their investigation with them even though Baylor is cooperating, but the higher ups have admitted to keeping it hush hush, swaying the women who've come forward to stay quiet, and even retaliated against one former athlete who came forward and pressed charges by taking away her athletic scholarship.

Just disgusting.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Karma on May 26, 2016, 02:06:38 pm
Because he's not very smart and doesn't understand facts. He doesn't understand the 2 are not even close to being the same. But simpletons will be simple.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 26, 2016, 02:08:53 pm
Because he's not very smart and doesn't understand facts. He doesn't understand the 2 are not even close to being the same. But simpletons will be simple.
It's true, there are TWICE as many victims at Ut than at Baylor. And Baylor did the right thing, something dirty Vols will never do, put the victims first. Also, the Baylor case doesn't even have an active lawsuit yet, so , true, the Ut case is much farthur along. I applaud Baylor, and I call "shame" on Ut.

How many different personal attacks will you lob my way, Vol? You never bring facts. You just call names. Trump-like. And quote my posts all the time like a stalker. I didn't quote you except to respond to your attacks. You aren't very quotable. Glad you find me so intriguing.
@Slackaveli

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: SemperHawg on May 26, 2016, 12:50:01 pm

As true as this is, even the premise he's working from to build this distraction is incorrect. Nothing wrong with pointing that out as well.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 26, 2016, 02:08:53 pm

When are the Mods going to flush the toilet?

Does this guy just get to take a dump in every thread now?

I don't care about the Vols... Let's stick to the topic in this thread.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on May 26, 2016, 02:12:56 pm
As true as this is, even the premise he's working from to build this distraction is incorrect. Nothing wrong with pointing that out as well.
The only reason he came to this thread was to "make sure people don't think Ut is like Baylor'. Sad, really. And waaaaaay too late. America already knows that Ut puts football before rape victims. At least Baylor finally did the right thing. Dirtyvols won't.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on May 26, 2016, 02:17:50 pm
When are the Mods going to flush the toilet?

Does this guy just get to take a dump in every thread now?

I don't care about the Vols... Let's stick to the topic in this thread.
apparently if he just attacks PitP , it will be forgiven. I don't want him banned though. he is fun to crush.
@Slackaveli

Jackrabbit Hog

STLhawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 26, 2016, 12:52:11 pm
Why don't you think it will help Texas?
I didn't say it would not help them, but rather just disputing it will help them the most.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 26, 2016, 02:20:27 pm
I get what you are saying here......but...

Is it possible someone else was getting ready to go public with some damning evidence and Baylor simply tried to get their version of the story out there first for PR damage control?
probably, but they could have road it out like Penn State did or Ut is doing. It's hard to give them credit, but firing Briles took some guts. The Baylor fans are LIVID.
@Slackaveli

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 26, 2016, 02:20:27 pm
I get what you are saying here......but...

Is it possible someone else was getting ready to go public with some damning evidence and Baylor simply tried to get their version of the story out there first for PR damage control?

Well......there are those who are sorry, and then there are those who are sorry they got caught.  I'll leave it to you to do the math.

bollweevil

As a student at the UA in the 1970's, I remember Baylor as being one of the traditionally dirtiest teams in the Southwest Conference. I always found it ironic that their head coach at the time, Grant Teaff, was held in such high esteem when his players were mouthy cheap-shot artists. I still remember Baylor tight end Ronnie Lee targeting a defenseless Steve Little on the opening kickoff at Waco in 1975, one of the most blatant cheap shots ever. Knocked Little out of the game and made Frank Broyles about as mad as I had ever seen him.  Hogs took it out on the Bears 41-7 that night. In 1979 in a game in Fayetteville, Baylor led 17-0 and their defensive players would stand over ours after making a tackle, taunting and pointing.  These guys were Miami before Miami. (Hogs came back to win late) Apparently, some things never change.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 26, 2016, 02:22:41 pm
Well......there are those who are sorry, and then there are those who are sorry they got caught.  I'll leave it to you to do the math.
There is a third type , tho, defiant even while caught red handed.
@Slackaveli

opineonswine

Quote from: bollweevil on May 26, 2016, 02:23:23 pm
As a student at the UA in the 1970's, I remember Baylor as being one of the traditionally dirtiest teams in the Southwest Conference. I always found it ironic that their head coach at the time, Grant Teaff, was held in such high esteem when his players were mouthy cheap-shot artists. I still remember Baylor tight end Ronnie Lee targeting a defenseless Steve Little on the opening kickoff at Waco in 1975, one of the most blatant cheap shots ever. Knocked Little out of the game and made Frank Broyles about as mad as I had ever seen him.  Hogs took it out on the Bears 41-7 that night. In 1979 in a game in Fayetteville, Baylor led 17-0 and their defensive players would stand over ours after making a tackle, taunting and pointing.  These guys were Miami before Miami. (Hogs came back to win late) Apparently, some things never change.

idochog

Gus about to be run from Auburn, Its about time for him to move since he hasn't developed a QB yet
I love Jesus!

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 26, 2016, 02:17:58 pm
The only reason he came to this thread was to "make sure people don't think Ut is like Baylor'. Sad, really. And waaaaaay too late. America already knows that Ut puts football before rape victims. At least Baylor finally did the right thing. Dirtyvols won't.
Yeah it's sad. My folks are UT grads and I always have kind of a soft spot for them, but I've come to realize I won't be able to root for the Vols as long as Jones is there.

MrKnowItAll

Quote from: factchecker on May 26, 2016, 11:51:29 am
Here is the released information found from investigation by law-firm Pepper Hamilton.  It is 13 pages long.

Pepper Hamilton Findings of Fact Report:

http://www.baylor.edu/rtsv/doc.php/266596.pdf

football coaches or staff met directly with a complainant and/or a parent of a complainant and did not report the misconduct."

Football staff conducted their own untrained internal inquiries, outside of policy, which improperly discredited complainants and denied them the right to a fair, impartial and informed investigation, interim measures or processes promised under University policy.

Football coaches and staff took affirmative steps to maintain internal control over discipline of players and to actively divert cases from the student conduct or criminal processes.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 26, 2016, 02:34:32 pm
If Tennessee was playing Texas with Notre Dame cheerleaders, we could hope.....

lol!
@Slackaveli

Sanctified Swine

John L Smith anyone...anyone....

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 26, 2016, 02:44:09 pm
Wow your ignorance is amazing. Show me where UT covered anything up or let players stay on the team or let players actually play? Show me where UT didn't act immediately and remove the player. Thanks.
how could we? Knoxville PD helped suppress the truth.

Nobody here cares about your pro-slimeVol take, dude.

I know one thing, though. When you guys stumble to 7-8 wins you'll agree with me then. Because; football.
@Slackaveli

SemperHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 26, 2016, 02:05:33 pm
Spoken ignorance.
My original statement about you misdirecting from the over all narrative was in NO way about Tennessee.  Call me wrong all you want, asking football questions about a sexual assault investigation is what got Baylor into this mess to begin with.

So to recap, you said  "for those of you happy about this should realize it only helps Texas"  To which I say I don't care what football team it helps or hurts, they did the right thing.  Maybe if they had cared more about doing the right thing from the beginning instead about helping the football team they could have prevented more people from being hurt.  If your first reaction to Baylor firing Briles for helping to cover up multiple sexual assaults is to think of what other football teams this helps or hurts then the narrative hasn't changed.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: SemperHawg on May 26, 2016, 02:53:41 pm
My original statement about you misdirecting from the over all narrative was in NO way about Tennessee.  Call me wrong all you want, asking football questions about a sexual assault investigation is what got Baylor into this mess to begin with.

So to recap, you said  "for those of you happy about this should realize it only helps Texas"  To which I say I don't care what football team it helps or hurts, they did the right thing.  Maybe if they had cared more about doing the right thing from the beginning instead about helping the football team they could have prevented more people from being hurt.  If your first reaction to Baylor firing Briles for helping to cover up multiple sexual assaults is to think of what other football teams this helps or hurts then the narrative hasn't changed.
Because it also means THEY SHOULD BE FIRING JONES, and he can't wrap his mind around that at all. What you said about the mentality is 100% correct and it applies to Ut bigtime. Does ANYBODY think that Dave Hart would have fired Petrino over motorcycle-gate? Not in a million years.
@Slackaveli

hawgwash

There needs to be a separate thread for all things UT/Butch Jones related.

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!