• 382,431 Topics
• 21,385 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ingress...  (Read 367 times)

PorkRinds

• Gold Hogvillian
Ingress...
« on: April 17, 2016, 05:00:03 pm »

Anyone playing this? Just heard about it today and downloaded. Pretty fun so far. Any tips would be appreciated.

PorkSoda

• Gold Hogvillian
  • O_o
    • It's a Jeep thing...
Re: Ingress...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 03:05:32 pm »

never heard of it, what kind of game?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

PorkRinds

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 02:37:39 pm »

https://www.ingress.com/

Basically it's a mobile based game.  Every church, historical site, or otherwise interesting landmark or place (theoretically) is marked with a "portal".  You are forced to join either the "enlightened" or the "resistance".  I, of course, chose resistance because enlightened sounds like a bunch of holier than thou pricks! So you go around and try to "take" portals for your team.  There are two factions for the entire planet, and the game is world wide.  So let's say there are four churches with very tall crosses, or some kind of stained glass window, or something.  Ingress will have most likely assigned the location as a portal.  Once you "capture" it, which basically just means going to the location and claiming it, you can add things to defend it against the other team, who will be trying to take it from you.  In bigger cities, there are thousands and thousands of portals.  In a small city like Fort Smith or Fayetteville, there may only be a few hundred.  So you're basically taking, defending, and trying to steal portals.  But it's real life places and you have to actually go to them to interact with them.  If you aren't strong enough to take them, you can "hack" them for points.  That's the long and short of it.

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • USN AW2
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 12:35:39 pm »

I tried it and didn't really like it.  I only went to a couple of portals before I was bored with it.  Some people are really into the game, I just didn't see the point.

PorkRinds

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 01:07:25 pm »

It's really more fun if you get in with a group of people doing it.  When you're lower level, you're not even really strong enough to compete with the higher level players.  But if you link up with a few higher level folks, they can help you level up and get stronger pretty fast.  I like it because it gives me an excuse to get out and do something and see new stuff.  Although most of the portals I've taken are ones that are close to me. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas