Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aaron Ross

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, April 13, 2016, 05:23:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

Texas Tech coach Tubby Smith could reach an agreement with Memphis soon and it COULD prompt Aaron Ross to transfer.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

HawgAdvocate

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

HawgAdvocate

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

FineAsSwine

Ross could transfer to UM to play for Tubby there, am I right? Would that seem more attractive to Ross, assuming he wanted to transfer, than coming here? Playing at UM would be pretty close to home, if playing closer to home was his stated reason for leaving Tech.

Not even sure he wants to leave Tech, just speculating.

jjdlc

Quote from: FineAsSwine on April 13, 2016, 07:16:00 pm
Ross could transfer to UM to play for Tubby there, am I right? Would that seem more attractive to Ross, assuming he wanted to transfer, than coming here? Playing at UM would be pretty close to home, if playing closer to home was his stated reason for leaving Tech.

He'll would be a graduate transfer, assuming he graduates on time.  He could transfer without needing a reason, nor could Texas Tech put any restrictions on where he transfered.   Whether or not he still wants to be a Razorback remains to be seen.

OnTheHillHogFan

Dudley has said if he does transfer he would be shocked if it wasn't to Fayetteville
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Hawg Red

Quote from: FineAsSwine on April 13, 2016, 07:16:00 pm

More attractive in what way? Memphis missed the tournament this season just as we did and he didn't grow up dreaming about being a Memphis Tiger. Very poor speculation on your part, IMO.

batmanfan

Well Tubby is gone to Memphis now. I'm sure that would make his decision easier if he was wanting to leave.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

King Kong

Quote from: batmanfan on April 14, 2016, 07:51:33 am
Well Tubby is gone to Memphis now. I'm sure that would make his decision easier if he was wanting to leave.

Well at this point we don't even know if Ross is scheduled to graduate over the summer.

But we could really use him.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: batmanfan on April 14, 2016, 07:51:33 am

He might decide to go to Memphis with Tubby.

Hawg Red

Quote from: FineAsSwine on April 14, 2016, 09:15:35 am

If given the choice to go to Arkansas or Memphis for his final season, I am 100% certain he would choose Arkansas.

King Kong

Quote from: FineAsSwine on April 14, 2016, 09:15:35 am

Since when did Ross become so attached to Tubby? He didn't sign with him out of HS either time.

Heck Tubby wouldn't even play him big mins until Texas Tech's starting PF had season ending injury.

Maybe they have a great relationship that I am not aware of. But I bet you have no clue either.

nwahogfan1

If Ross is immediately eligible then I would think he would be a big pick up.

But we need a HS kid or two who plays inside to meet the long term need of this program. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: King Kong on April 14, 2016, 09:38:31 am

Since when did Ross become so attached to Tubby? He didn't sign with him out of HS either time.

Heck Tubby wouldn't even play him big mins until Texas Tech's starting PF had season ending injury.

Maybe they have a great relationship that I am not aware of. But I bet you have no clue either.

Why is this such an emotional issue for you? I said he MIGHT go to Memphis with Tubby. I didn't say he would nor did I put a % on the chances of him going.

This isn't important enough for me to bet on either. Tell you what, since it seems to mean so much to you, you win on this one, ok? Jeesh.

daprospecta

Quote from: FineAsSwine on April 14, 2016, 12:06:23 pm
Why is this such an emotional issue for you? I said he MIGHT go to Memphis with Tubby. I didn't say he would nor did I put a % on the chances of him going.

This isn't important enough for me to bet on either. Tell you what, since it seems to mean so much to you, you win on this one, ok? Jeesh.
Yes, he might follow Tubby but Aaron, I believe, is of a similar cloth as Alandise.  We actually offered Aaron though so that part should provide even more reason to spend his last year playing for the school he always dreamed of playing for.

King Kong

Quote from: FineAsSwine on April 14, 2016, 12:06:23 pm

Emotional issue? I didnt think it went that far. But if it did I apologize that was not my intention.

Just trying to follow the rational. Especially considering we don't even know if he can or wants to transfer

Letsroll1200

Aaron Ross will be a hog if he transfers from Texas Tech. The kid committed to the Hogs in the 9th grade. Hopefully he is able to graduate so he can come back home and play his last season with Dusty Hannah.

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on April 14, 2016, 02:52:37 pm
Aaron Ross will be a hog if he transfers from Texas Tech. The kid committed to the Hogs in the 9th grade. Hopefully he is able to graduate so he can come back home and play his last season with Dusty Hannah.
The first time he couldn't be a Hog because of not taking care of his school work. Hopefully this time he gets redemption.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on April 14, 2016, 02:52:37 pm

Would be a great story and a win win.  Here's hoping it works out for him. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Porked Tongue

I'm expecting Aaron to be a Hog.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 21, 2016, 10:51:11 pm
Do you have some inside info?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

RealHog

I would love to have him as a grad transfer, but we still haven't heard anything. Even if Hazen committed we would still have a spot for him, and he could provide Senior leadership at his dream school.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Hogfan991 on April 21, 2016, 10:58:03 pm
Do you have some inside info?

Most of the time he does. See his over/under posts

batmanfan

Any timetable for when he could announce he is transferring? Maybe he is waiting till he for sure knows he can graduate in May or over the summer.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

King Kong

wheelspigharvey

So 11 guys expected to be on scholarship so far (counting Moses), plus Ross (which I'm all for!) leaves one more? Probably Hazen or leaving it open? Seems like the Dembele (sp) train is slowing around here?

The Hogfather

Quote from: wheelspigharvey on April 22, 2016, 07:42:13 am
So 11 guys expected to be on scholarship so far (counting Moses), plus Ross (which I'm all for!) leaves one more? Probably Hazen or leaving it open? Seems like the Dembele (sp) train is slowing around here?

If Moses stays and we can add Ross and Hazen, I will be VERY excited about next season, even though we will have turned over a good majority of our team from last season.  The make-up of that team would be really good.  If Mike pushes the right buttons, we could be very good. 

Lots of ifs, but not crazy ifs.

azhog10

Quote from: wheelspigharvey on April 22, 2016, 07:42:13 am
The Dembele train might be slowing everywhere soon. He's getting looks, not many offers. Sounds a lot like the Kapita situation.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: azhog10 on April 22, 2016, 08:37:48 am
The Dembele train might be slowing everywhere soon. He's getting looks, not many offers. Sounds a lot like the Kapita situation.

Yeah, seems like it.

HOGINTENNESSEE

If Moses comes back.........

Pancetta

Any updates on Ross?  Do we still have a scholie open for him?
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Pancetta on May 15, 2016, 02:41:51 pm
Any updates on Ross?  Do we still have a scholie open for him?

We do have scholarship available. TTU's graduation this next weekend. We should find out if he is graduating next week

PonderinHog

Sure has been quiet.  Maybe?  I hope he still wants to be a Hog.

King Kong

Quote from: PonderinHog on May 15, 2016, 10:49:19 pm
Sure has been quiet.  Maybe?  I hope he still wants to be a Hog.

I haven't give up hope yet.

redleg

So Kingsley is coming back, Dembele is headed to UNLV, and Ross is suppose to graduate this weekend as I understand it. So what's the word? Is Ross gonna get in his year as a Hog and help them back to the Tournament or not?
At 6'8" 225 lbs, his inside/outside play could be a huge asset to Arkansas next season.
Beard, Hannahs, Barford, Ross, & Kingsley would be one helluva starting lineup!
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

hawgwileywyatt

Quote from: redleg on May 17, 2016, 03:10:43 pm
At 6'8" 225 lbs, his inside/outside play could be a huge asset to Arkansas next season.
Beard, Hannahs, Barford, Ross, & Kingsley would be one helluva starting lineup!
:razorback:

Agreed!

HOGINTENNESSEE

May 17, 2016, 06:00:14 pm #36 Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 07:30:36 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: redleg on May 17, 2016, 03:10:43 pm
Ross is suppose to graduate this weekend as I understand it. So what's the word? Is Ross gonna get in his year as a Hog and help them back to the Tournament or not?

Well TTU's graduation is this weekend. I haven't seen it's confirmed he is graduating then. But I'm sure if he is it will be on his Twitter or some other social network.

He could be graduating in the summer sections and still make it for the fall.

Or maybe it never really was an option

Hawg Red

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 17, 2016, 06:00:14 pm
Well TTU's graduation is this weekend. I haven't seen it's confirmed he is graduating then. But I'm sure if he is it will be on his Twitter or some other social network.

He could be graduating in the summer sections and still make it for the fall.

Or maybe it never really was an option

There certainly does not seem to be much tangible evidence that he is an option outside of Porked's comments. I think most Hog fans would love to have him end his career as a Razorback, maybe culminating in a Sweet 16 (or Elite 8) run. He could make that kind of difference. Maybe Porked has some more clear info on his graduation standing.

For reference, Willy Kouassi did announce his transfer to Arkansas in late June, so we still have some time yet for this to be a possibility.

jry04

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 18, 2016, 07:31:42 am
There certainly does not seem to be much tangible evidence that he is an option outside of Porked's comments. I think most Hog fans would love to have him end his career as a Razorback, maybe culminating in a Sweet 16 (or Elite 8) run. He could make that kind of difference. Maybe Porked has some more clear info on his graduation standing.

For reference, Willy Kouassi did announce his transfer to Arkansas in late June, so we still have some time yet for this to be a possibility.
I have no idea if this is/was ever a possibility outside of internet chatter, but like you said it could still happen if both parties wanted. If he has to pass a class in the summer to officially graduate, he would probably wait until those grades posted before announcing he is leaving, because if he announces he is leaving under the assumption he does pass and then doesn't pass he is in an awkward situation. Strictly speculation on my part, though. I think our team next year has the ability to make a Sweet 16 with or without him, but like you said, with him he could make a difference in being a fringe top 25 team and a legit top 20 team all season assuming every develops including him. He was a big time player in a major conference the last 10 games of the season last year.

I will say, while Porked was wrong on Moses, he is right way more often than anyone else on this board that I have seen. If he says he expects it to happen, then I believe there is at least some discussion within the athletic department about it.

Hawg Red

Quote from: jry04 on May 18, 2016, 09:12:38 am
I have no idea if this is/was ever a possibility outside of internet chatter, but like you said it could still happen if both parties wanted. If he has to pass a class in the summer to officially graduate, he would probably wait until those grades posted before announcing he is leaving, because if he announces he is leaving under the assumption he does pass and then doesn't pass he is in an awkward situation. Strictly speculation on my part, though. I think our team next year has the ability to make a Sweet 16 with or without him, but like you said, with him he could make a difference in being a fringe top 25 team and a legit top 20 team all season assuming every develops including him. He was a big time player in a major conference the last 10 games of the season last year.

I will say, while Porked was wrong on Moses, he is right way more often than anyone else on this board that I have seen. If he says he expects it to happen, then I believe there is at least some discussion within the athletic department about it.

I agree that it only makes sense for him to not announce anything until he's taken care of everything, graduated, and probably even found a grad program at U of A to get accepted into. If this is the case, we probably won't know anything until almost July like with Kouassi. Still hoping someone closer to the situation can shine some light.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 18, 2016, 09:17:05 am
I agree that it only makes sense for him to not announce anything until he's taken care of everything, graduated, and probably even found a grad program at U of A to get accepted into. If this is the case, we probably won't know anything until almost July like with Kouassi. Still hoping someone closer to the situation can shine some light.

Porked commenting on this makes me believe that there is SOMETHING to it. I am sure nothing is set in stone, but I would bet money on the fact that is more than just internet chatter.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ShadowHawg on May 18, 2016, 07:12:17 pm
Porked commenting on this makes me believe that there is SOMETHING to it. I am sure nothing is set in stone, but I would bet money on the fact that is more than just internet chatter.

Agree, but it's been along time since that post. Things could have changed

poloprince

This isn't happening and never was fwiw
$PoLoPrInCe$

Hawg Red

Quote from: poloprince on May 19, 2016, 09:44:18 am
This isn't happening and never was fwiw

I don't want to, but I kinda believe you. Just has been my gut feeling. Feels like it was all hopeful thinking.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 18, 2016, 07:29:15 pm
Agree, but it's been along time since that post. Things could have changed

I think that it would have already happened if it were going to. But I also believe that there was interest at some point from both sides and not just an internet board rumor.

HoopS

Quote from: ShadowHawg on May 19, 2016, 05:05:03 pm
I think that it would have already happened if it were going to. But I also believe that there was interest at some point from both sides and not just an internet board rumor.
no it would not have. School has to be out and then iron things out. Schools just getting out.

hawgwileywyatt

Quote from: HoopS on May 19, 2016, 05:39:13 pm
no it would not have. School has to be out and then iron things out. Schools just getting out.

Then why have all the other grad transfers already committed somewhere?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: hawgwileywyatt on May 19, 2016, 06:28:54 pm

Still a lot of grad transfers that haven't committed somewhere.

I believe the question you are looking for is why hasn't Ross announced he is transferring yet if he is planning to. Which is a fair question.

oldfart

Im am pretty sure he would not announce that he is leaving until he knows for sure that he has in fact graduated and has another school lined up that will accept him into a graduate program.  as it has been mentioned here before it would be extremely awkward for him to not graduate and have to put up with the slings and arrows that would follow him if he stayed at Tech his last year.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hawgwileywyatt on May 19, 2016, 06:28:54 pm

Probably because they ALL haven't.

Not every grad transfer is in the same position. Some have already graduated in the fall, some are graduating here in the spring. Different situations for different players. Different players also handle things differently. But make no mistake, there will be more grad transfers announced. Again, Willy Kouassi did not commit to Arkansas until late June.