Previous topic - Next topic

Country Stylz

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Chrome helmets for special occasions.

Red helmet for red uniform.
White helmet for white uniform.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Country Stylz

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 31, 2016, 10:23:10 pm
Chrome helmets for special occasions.

Red helmet for red uniform.
White helmet for white uniform.
Chrome helmets are cool.

Vantage 8 dude

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Country Stylz on January 31, 2016, 10:29:03 pm
Chrome helmets are cool.

I don't care for them.  Apparently the players do though, so I'll sulk quietly over this issue.

:)
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Torqued pork

I want tear-away jerseys for our backs and receivers...nobody else's, just ours.

Country Stylz

Quote from: Torqued pork on January 31, 2016, 11:06:16 pm
I want tear-away jerseys for our backs and receivers...nobody else's, just ours.
I also want our guys to be able to wear dark or chrome tinted visors. Nobody else, just us.

bennyl08

My vote is for either the current unis or the 2010 ones. Those were sharp, especially those always with the all white but red shoulders.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

LZH

Quote from: Country Stylz on January 31, 2016, 11:09:47 pm
I also want our guys to be able to wear dark or chrome tinted visors. Nobody else, just us.

Didn't I see someone wear one during bowl season? I don't remember what team it was.  It stood out to me because I thought they were illegal.

Hoggish1

jgphillips3

Those a very clean, classic look.  I'd be fine with them.  Personally, I still would like championship throwback uni's for a season.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

arkfan81

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 01, 2016, 08:22:49 am
Those a very clean, classic look.  I'd be fine with them.  Personally, I still would like championship throwback uni's for a season.

Would love to see the throw back uniforms again..
Have faith...

Country Stylz

Quote from: rhames on February 01, 2016, 08:21:02 am
Bet they won't change much this go around.
Gonna go with another C-USA uniform? Awesome. Guess we're not really a blue blood program then, because the blue bloods don't get all cute with the uniform, unless it's an alternate for a game or two.

Country Stylz

Teams that don't go C-USA with their uni and look tight as hell.
Alabama
Auburn
Michigan
tOSU    Stepped out in all black once
Notre Dame
USC
Florida
FSU
Tennessee
Penn State- The Best
Oklahoma
Texas
Stanford
Clemson
Georgia
LSU
From the 60's through the 80's we were right there with these teams so don't use the "We're not on their level excuse."

The_Iceman

The only small change I'd make to our current uniforms is remove the "tusk" on the shoulder and put the traditional Hog there like we had for years. Other than that, I like the uniforms.

The_Iceman

These could be our permanent road uniforms and I wouldn't complain a bit:

I also like the Red on Red look, and I think it should be our permanent combo against LSU (since we wear red every year):

rhames

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 01, 2016, 08:51:14 am
The only small change I'd make to our current uniforms is remove the "tusk" on the shoulder and put the traditional Hog there like we had for years. Other than that, I like the uniforms.

Totally agree.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

ATLHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 01, 2016, 08:54:08 am
These could be our permanent road uniforms and I wouldn't complain a bit:

I also like the Red on Red look, and I think it should be our permanent combo against LSU (since we wear red every year):

^^ THIS ^^

SamBuckhart

Quote from: arkfan81 on February 01, 2016, 08:28:32 am
Would love to see the throw back uniforms again..
Throwback uniforms for me too. I mean, since I'm not playing in them, maybe my vote is null and void. Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Hogimus Prime

I'd like to see the Apex uniforms from the mid 90's brought back. The hogs on the shoulders were tight

HogCard

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on February 01, 2016, 10:12:21 am
I'd like to see the Apex uniforms from the mid 90's brought back. The hogs on the shoulders were tight

Not sure if sarcasm or not...........

westside_player

It's always amazed me how many fans give a rip about the damn uniforms. I've seen threads on here several pages long about uniform color and design. Who cares if it's a 1960's uniform or robert graham is paid to design it. It's a friggin uniform which has no bearing on the outcome of the games.

whippersnapper

Love the current uni's with a little Red on Red vs rivals. Wouldn't mind seeing a white top with red pants one away game just to see it.

Sed76

Don't mind the current uniforms, would love to see a throwback against TCU and A&M though.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I love the white helmet and red hawg logo.

Give me that with the white uniforms (super clean and tight look), and I'll be happy with whatever you want with the red uniforms.
His response to me:

Country Stylz

Look at these. How could you want the Hogs to take the field in anything else? These are Adidas. We should ditch Nike and go back to Adidas.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

DLUXHOG

I don't care if they wear pink tutu's so long as they are a substantially winning program...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

PorkSoda

Quote from: DLUXHOG on February 01, 2016, 01:42:13 pm
I don't care if they wear pink tutu's so long as they are a substantially winning program...
I would care.  pink, thankfully, is not a school color. and tutus' likely would not meet the required safety standards.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

rhames

Quote from: Country Stylz on February 01, 2016, 01:20:40 pm
Look at these. How could you want the Hogs to take the field in anything else? These are Adidas. We should ditch Nike and go back to Adidas.

No we shouldn't

The_Bionic_Pig

You guy's shouldn't get too emotional because it's what recruits/current player's think that dictate the outcome.  I have noticed ESPN actually use airtime to discuss uniforms during highlights. That does catch a kid's eye...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The Boar War

Unfortunately you'd have to go with all the adidas equipment as well.  Being a Nike school is a selling point to athletes.  Maybe Nike should just "replicate" the '06 jerseys.  Sure do enough to make sure there's no problems with adidas (maybe add the Arkansas font to the front of the '64 throwback jerseys) but it shouldn't be that hard.

hobhog

Quote from: westside_player on February 01, 2016, 11:01:13 am
It's always amazed me how many fans give a rip about the damn uniforms. I've seen threads on here several pages long about uniform color and design. Who cares if it's a 1960's uniform or robert graham is paid to design it. It's a friggin uniform which has no bearing on the outcome of the games.

If it matters to "many fans"', it friggin matters. Always amazed at people who don't get that....so there.

Btw- no white helmets, ever.

razorbackfan86

These are my favorite, we should just have Nike replicate these.

WizardofhOgZ

A couple of things.

LOVE the chrome helmets.  However, they should be reserved for "special" games - Big games that mean something.  They have a lot of swag, and wearing them when we're 3-5 and getting our doors beat in by someone just isn't right (not that I think we're going to have a lot of those games coming up; but you get my point).  It's like wearing a tuxedo to go eat a whopper at Burger King.  BTW, same thing with the throwback 1964 replicas.  Personally, I think they should wear them whenever they're playing someone from the old SWC - TCU this year, for example.  Should have worn them vs. Tech, and Texas when we played them in the Bowl. 

In a related note . . . I'd expect to see a silver chrome helmet with a shiny red Hog on is sooner than later in A game (not regularly).  And, although I absolutely HATE the while helmets (so much that I hope I NEVER see them again), I actually think the silver chrome helmets would look better with our home red jerseys than with our whites (which should always be worn with a red helmet of one kind or another).

I actually like the current uni's.  Yes, in my "perfect world" I might tweak one or two things (like, as someone said, doing away with the little "tusks" in the shoulder area and - perhaps - putting a classic hog there instead.  Otherwise, I'm fine with them (again, without the white helmet). 

Would I like to see the truly classic DMac era (2006-07) look with the two red stripes down the leg?  Of course I would.  But I'm realistic enough to know that even though those are clearly the best looking to me, 20 year olds today just (as a group) don't appreciate their classic beauty and pine for something more "updated".  So, I can live with today's uni's as a compromise.

As a rough idea of what our silver chrome helmets might look like, here is a pic of Rutger's lids:

And, as a bonus, here's an alternate some of you will probably like; I came across it looking for the pic above.  I DON'T like it (white helmets, you know) but just post it because I know some will.  And - hey - it's the off season!

RazorPiggie

That would be the dumbest thing we could do.

Hogimus Prime

010HogFan

Country Stylz

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 01, 2016, 04:38:18 pm
That would be the dumbest thing we could do.
Why? Because they get more gear? Or are you just wanting to call someone dumb?

razorbackfan86

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on February 01, 2016, 04:44:44 pm
Sarcasm. I did like the Apex basketball uniforms for 94-95

I wish in basketball they would do a modern version of the 1994 jerseys.

A double stripe down the right side. The classic hog on the left side of the shorts. Our new ARKANSAS font and numbers on them, with the more tight fit and dry fit materials.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 01, 2016, 05:00:21 pm

A double stripe down the right side. The classic hog on the left side of the shorts. Our new ARKANSAS font and numbers on them, with the more tight fit and dry fit materials.
I wish the basketball team would do a modern version of the 1994 basketball team.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Sed76

Would be nice if they would just pick a style and stick with it. Don't care for the changing styles every couple of years.

HOGS82

Quote from: mindemon on November 24, 2023, 06:58:31 pmThe 'Fire Sam Pittman' crowd are going to be eating their words next year. Trust me.

Country Stylz

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 01, 2016, 05:00:21 pm

I agree.  I liked those.  Apex made a home uniform that was similar to that one for the 94-95 season. During the SEC tournament in 94 the Hogs wore a uniform that had a little bit of black down the side. They looked good but only wore them for two games

H&D

Quote from: Country Stylz on February 01, 2016, 08:51:24 am
Teams that don't go C-USA with their uni and look tight as hell.
Alabama
Auburn
Michigan
tOSU    Stepped out in all black once
Notre Dame
USC
Florida
FSU
Tennessee
Penn State- The Best
Oklahoma
Texas
Stanford
Clemson
Georgia
LSU
From the 60's through the 80's we were right there with these teams so don't use the "We're not on their level excuse."

Several of those team have stepped out in alternative uniforms.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"