Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 18, 2024, 10:31:57 am

Recruiting a Bit Concerning

Started by moses_007, January 19, 2016, 02:00:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

I am concerned why we haven't had a single scholarship commit this month.  We've already had two decommits during the recruiting process, and will anyone else decommit?  We've read lately that several of our commits have made visits to other schools, which is troubling also. 

I know that none of Bielema's classes have been totally full.  I think one year was two short, another year was one short. 

I don't know about you guys, but I am really starting to worry about what's going to happen the next two weeks.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: moses_007 on January 19, 2016, 02:00:31 pm
I am concerned why we haven't had a single scholarship commit this month.  We've already had two decommits during the recruiting process, and will anyone else decommit?  We've read lately that several of our commits have made visits to other schools, which is troubling also. 

I know that none of Bielema's classes have been totally full.  I think one year was two short, another year was one short. 

I don't know about you guys, but I am really starting to worry about what's going to happen the next two weeks.

Whaley?

Plus it's been a dead period
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

scruf

When are you not worried or negative?

duckman

Not concerned in the slightest....

PorkRinds

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

HOGINTENNESSEE

January 19, 2016, 02:07:20 pm #6 Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 02:22:53 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Our second highest rated commit committed this month. We have an unbelievable amount of elite players coming this week

greenEGnHAWGS

Ha ha...aren't we about to have one of our biggest recruiting weekends ever?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

PorkRinds

Starting this thread is akin to going into Jump Ball and posting a thread called "Guys, I'm afraid Mike Anderson isn't going to get it done". 

mitchforheisman

We are in the top 3 or final schools for an insane amount of talent. This will end up being our greatest recruiting class. BB hasn't let us down when it comes to recruiting, no idea why you would start worrying now with already a top 25 class that still has 8-9 spots left to fill, and the majority of those could end up being 4 and 5 star players. We could see a top 15 class by the time its all said and done. Come on.

moses_007

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 19, 2016, 02:07:20 pm
Our second highest rated committed this month. We have an unbelievable amount of elite players coming this week
I forgot about Whaley. 

Pork Twain

Quote from: scruf on January 19, 2016, 02:03:25 pm
When are you not worried or negative?
This post from him is very predictable.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Seebs

Ugh - I guess I can say ' in before trash can'
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

LRHawg

WBC Hog

I'm not worried. I'm anxious! The amount of talent coming in the next TWO weeks is "incredible" lol

All year long I've been hoping we would get just one of: K Fulton, E Cuffee, or C Bundage and then CBB goes and blows my mind with having them all visit the same weekend to go along with arguably the top safety in the nation, Brandon Jones??.. I'm pumped!

WBC Hog

Also, I hope we aren't too late on the Chris Daniels party. *crosses fingers*

Bubba's Bruisers

Having lots of talent visit in January really doesn't seem to be that unique for us over the last few years.  The trick is actually signing a bunch of them.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 19, 2016, 02:04:13 pm
This again?

Eeyore hadn't posted his concerns on recruiting this week.

moses_007

We're currently ranked 9th in SEC recruiting.  Wonder why Alabama only has 16 commits at this point too?

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=SEC

ricepig

Quote from: moses_007 on January 19, 2016, 02:26:14 pm
We're currently ranked 9th in SEC recruiting.  Wonder why Alabama only has 16 commits at this point too?

Because......get this.......they've had several decommit.

Oklahawg

Really piss-poor timing. RD has published the finest visit list UA has had in at least 7 years, maybe ever. And that is the week the OP pops in to spread his cheer in the recruiting forum?

bull. Not gonna endure that.

Moses007 can come back after signing day (and another day, as we'll enjoy signing day around here) and note where all of this fell apart, if applicable.

The next two weeks should be Christmas Eve. We are allowed to get excited, we are allowed to be overly optimistic, we are allowed to get all bunched up at the possibilities. Never mind if it is reasonable or not. This is fandom 101's second greatest season, right behind August drills. This is the time to let go and dream.

No more negative nancy bull for a while.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

sickboy

Quote from: moses_007 on January 19, 2016, 02:26:14 pm

Because kids have until February 3rd to decide and there isn't a calendar quota on signing kids.

rwspear

11k posts??

I remember my first national signing day too!

TNhawgfan

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 19, 2016, 02:06:47 pm
Starting this thread is akin to going into Jump Ball and posting a thread called "Guys, I'm afraid Mike Anderson isn't going to get it done". 
Did you know this is his fifth year? I only recently learned that in the billion posts on jumpball stating that
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

MushroomCloudHog

You go back and look at the last 3 classes and the player contributions + NFL early entries. The way this staff is, you can expect potential NFL prospects. The nervousness is naturual, but sit back and enjoy what happens during this home stretch. I think we are in for exciting news come NSD. Woo Pig!

BorderPatrol

Well, this seemed to have worked out well for the OP.

bp

rwspear