Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good ESPN Article on Alex SIAP

Started by monty hawg, January 05, 2016, 02:46:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

COCHISE

That's one heck of an accolade from somebody like Coach Snyder.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

younghog

GO HOGS

Hoggish1

"This isn't to show he's better than the other two. Henry won the Heisman for a reason..."
________

The reason is his team is playing in the last two meaningful games of the year. 

I used to say that you can't win the Heisman unless you are at least playing on New Year's Day.  But now, I'm saying you can't win it unless your team is in the playoffs...

What ESPN wants is to be getting the expo$ure of the Heisman guy for all that pub. time each day leading to the playoffs and preferably the final game.

gmarv

thanks for the link. its good to see AC get some bragging on hes been one of the very best rbs at Arkansas.

Vantage 8 dude

I said it earlier on another thread that IMHO, and yes, I'm a "homer", Alex is perhaps the most unrecognized RB in the country. He obviously doesn't get the publicity that Henry, Fournette and Elliot got all year long; he also didn't have the gaudy stats the Mr. "Do Everything" Christian McCaffrey at Stanford had. However, when you look at the load he had to assume from the very beginning of the season when JWill went down and the yardage he gained game after game I honestly believe a case could be made for Alex to definitely be amongst the very elite at the position.   

PorkRinds

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 05, 2016, 05:48:52 pm
I said it earlier on another thread that IMHO, and yes, I'm a "homer", Alex is perhaps the most unrecognized RB in the country. He obviously doesn't get the publicity that Henry, Fournette and Elliot got all year long; he also didn't have the gaudy stats the Mr. "Do Everything" Christian McCaffrey at Stanford had. However, when you look at the load he had to assume from the very beginning of the season when JWill went down and the yardage he gained game after game I honestly believe a case could be made for Alex to definitely be amongst the very elite at the position.

I agree completely.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 05, 2016, 05:48:52 pm

I second this.
Also, the more I've watched him play, the more I think he could be a big splash at the next level.  In the pros, the creases are small and close in a hurry.  AC's skill set plays to that better than Henry's or Fournette's.  He's also more slippery than either of them and doesn't take big shots.

I still believe Fournette is a total freak, but I have no idea how his game will translate to the pros after having the LSU O-Line in front of you playing mainly inferior talent.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

intelligence

The most unheralded 1,500 yard rusher ever

bob slydell

Quote from: monty hawg on January 05, 2016, 02:46:08 pm
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/112983/overlooked-and-underrated-arkansas-rb-alex-collins-is-one-of-the-secs-best

Can certainly see how opposing coaches could use this against us in recruiting. Kind of like Cal saying that Portis would have gone much higher and gotten more pub at UK than here when speaking to Monk.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

intelligence

Quote from: ArmyHawg on January 07, 2016, 08:03:09 am
Can certainly see how opposing coaches could use this against us in recruiting. Kind of like Cal saying that Portis would have gone much higher and gotten more pub at UK than here when speaking to Monk.

I've long felt like our athletic department didn't do enough to highlight our star athletes.
The elite schools, most notably Ohio State and USC have people that publish highlights of star players after every game, and a season highlight every year. Arkansas needs that in ALL major sports. We need dedicated highlight creators, and dedicated people sending out the links to the videos on social media to scouts and pundits.

smb

He really is something to watch. If he doesn't go all the way to the endzone he's at least one lucky tackle away from it.
GeorgiaHOG

PORKULATOR

Imagine the highlights from next year. He just gets stronger everyday. 
Monte Ball fore went the draft,  played his Sr year and performed like the Heisman candidate he was.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.