• 382,748 Topics
• 21,397 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: bama offers hammonds  (Read 7144 times)

RussVegas Hawg

• Senior
  • WPS!!!
Re: bama offers hammonds
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2016, 08:59:28 am »

I think it says more about where we are headed and our coaches ability to evaluate quality players.

Cinco de Hogo

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2016, 11:57:14 am »

I like Hammonds a lot and he is the type kid we need to keep despite getting Whaley and even if we get White.  Hammonds can play and wherever he plays he will add to the team.  If we are ever going to get to where we want to get, keeping kids like this is how you do it.

I'm just making a statement, not saying I think Bama has a snowballs chance in hades to sway him.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Iamjacksleftnutt

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2016, 07:18:03 pm »

Well then, how about some substance to some of these points? 

Did you really compare Saban to Petrino because of the content of Saban's press conferences? 

Why is Saban a sleaze bag?  I don't need to offer you verifiable evidence to have an opinion. Geeze. Some of you guys have been on here so long that you think you own this place and all opinion.

Why is it sleazy for more than one school to offer an athlete a scholarship?  Are you saying Alabama is the only school to do this?  You could look at this in the inverse - the fact that Alabama is trying to recruit some of the same players Arkansas is could be viewed as confirmation that other coaches see value in those players.

Yeah the problem is that the biggest value Saban is seeing in offering our LONG TERM commits is that he won't have to compete against them. And yes he's as disgusting or moreso to me than Petrino. He's an ass in his PC's. I can't stand the guy. Saban is a sleaze bag because he operates one of if not the most dishonest program in all of college football. If you can't see that then me spelling it out for you isn't going to help.

Nick has all the talent he needs at running back and then some. Yes Hammonds is very talented. But I question his rational for offering him. This is a message board right ? So thats my opinion. I'm not violating any rules by having one am I ?

Opinion Nazi.

Iamjacksleftnutt

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2016, 07:21:29 pm »

Some posters have been on this board so long that they think they actually have a right to demand a reason for you to have an opinion. Its laughable.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2016, 08:37:27 pm »

Yeah the problem is that the biggest value Saban is seeing in offering our LONG TERM commits is that he won't have to compete against them. And yes he's as disgusting or moreso to me than Petrino. He's an ass in his PC's. I can't stand the guy. Saban is a sleaze bag because he operates one of if not the most dishonest program in all of college football. If you can't see that then me spelling it out for you isn't going to help.

Nick has all the talent he needs at running back and then some. Yes Hammonds is very talented. But I question his rational for offering him. This is a message board right ? So thats my opinion. I'm not violating any rules by having one am I ?

Opinion Nazi.

Saban may just be a jerk, but I tend to think he just gets sick and tired of all the stupid media questions so he gives them smartass answers.  I just love to see somebody ask him a dumbass question just so he can stare at them like they were the biggest idiot on the planet. Its funny. He's a great coach. At this point in his career his name recognition recruits kids. I wouldnt think he has to cheat as much as an auburn or an ole miss. I could be wrong, certsinly, but until he's exposed I just believe he's a great coach and would LOVE to have him at Arkansas.

Vantage 8 dude

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2016, 08:50:56 pm »

Some on here really crack me up. On the one hand we have those who fret and worry 'cause we don't offer all those four and five star recruits that folks like 'Bama are landing. On the other hand we have those who fret and worry     'cause we offer all those four and five star recruits that folks like 'Bama want to land.

secneahog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • #Uncommon Armon Watts!!
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2016, 09:00:40 pm »

I lost respect for Saban when he referenced the magnitude of losing to ULM was equivalent to 9/11 and Pearl Harbor.  Really?

Vantage 8 dude

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2016, 09:17:10 pm »

I lost respect for Saban when he referenced the magnitude of losing to ULM was equivalent to 9/11 and Pearl Harbor.  Really?
While I totally agree, you and I would have to look at it in his terms. Since he's obviously only concerned with wins such a tragedy WOULD be the equivalent to tragedies that actually mean something far more meaningful to the rest of the world and in the grand scheme of things.

RedRock

• Hogvillian
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2016, 09:52:31 pm »

I think Saban picks his recruits that will play and then starts picking off recruits that are a threat to him with intentions of never playing them, ala Tenpenny and Frasier.

Iamjacksleftnutt

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2016, 10:26:31 pm »

I think Saban picks his recruits that will play and then starts picking off recruits that are a threat to him with intentions of never playing them, ala Tenpenny and Frasier.

This .. He's a jerk. And thats your opinion. I don't need any link for it either. You're entitled.

Iamjacksleftnutt

« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2016, 10:34:15 pm »

Some on here really crack me up. On the one hand we have those who fret and worry 'cause we don't offer all those four and five star recruits that folks like 'Bama are landing. On the other hand we have those who fret and worry     'cause we offer all those four and five star recruits that folks like 'Bama want to land.

I agree with you here. Its dumb to get worried about Saban or anyone else offering our kids. Its a compliment. It means either he values our recruits OR he doesn't want to face them.

When its the later its sleazy imo. Saban has turned into Bob Knight imo. And I don't like him either. I hope its ok to compare him to Knight. I don't have any proof of that statement.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2016, 12:53:52 am »

Sabah loses me when he does things like he did to Philon. Or ask kids who have been committed for a while to suddenly grey shirt at the last minute.

The hog meister

• Bench Warmer
  • I only work a few Fridays a year
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2016, 10:18:31 pm »

I also think Saban is on the jerky side but Petrino was known as a jerk. When he is your jerk you can overlook allot of things just not things like what happened on overlook hill.

Beaverfever

• Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2016, 02:21:54 pm »

I've heard people say stuff like this and I just don't buy it.  He doesn't get enough scholarships to do this.  If he didn't think they could compete for playing time at Bama then I don't think he'd be that worried about playing against them. 

PorkRinds

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2016, 02:27:28 pm »

I've heard people say stuff like this and I just don't buy it.  He doesn't get enough scholarships to do this.  If he didn't think they could compete for playing time at Bama then I don't think he'd be that worried about playing against them.

I agree.  I do think Saban, and plenty of other coaches, aren't afraid to let another school do the legwork and then offer them once they start getting some hype.  They can afford to wait, while we and other schools like us, cannot.  Our best hope for getting a high profile guy is to be on them early, while Bama can wait and still get serious consideration.

Beaverfever

• Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2016, 02:33:57 pm »

I agree.  I do think Saban, and plenty of other coaches, aren't afraid to let another school do the legwork and then offer them once they start getting some hype.  They can afford to wait, while we and other schools like us, cannot.  Our best hope for getting a high profile guy is to be on them early, while Bama can wait and still get serious consideration.
Now this I could definitely believe.  Imagine if we could throw out feelers to our favorite 20 prospects currently not being recruited and knew we could probably get 3-5 of them.  Nobody is switching last minute from a big SEC school because Arkansas finally offered.  Kids probably do that every year for Bama.  That's a nice luxury. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas