Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kansas st. Accepts liberty bowl bid

Started by bigpigpimpin, December 05, 2015, 09:18:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

Whoever gets selected from sec will play Kansas State.

razCzar

No surprise here... unfortunately.

http://www.bringonthecats.com/2015/12/5/9855698/k-state-will-accept-bid-to-liberty-bowl
"Not confirmed: the opponent, widely expected to be the Arkansas Razorbacks."

grayhawg

I thought the invites didn't come out until tomorrow, oh well.

ADavisTheGOAT

And some moron said I had no idea what I was talking about and was guessing.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Pig Worshipper

You lose you snooze!

Only people in Kansas and Arkansas will watch this snoozefest.

Kevin

Student versus the mentor
Let's get the win
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

SPAL

Quote from: Hogfan991 on December 05, 2015, 09:31:52 pm

That's hogville for you.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Kevin on December 05, 2015, 09:38:59 pm
Student versus the mentor
Let's get the win

CBB will be motivated.  Let's hope the weather is a bit warmer than the last trip to Memphis.

Dr. Starcs

What a lackluster matchup that would be. Here's hoping for a newer opponent.

King Kong

Atleast we got a team that struggles passing.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 05, 2015, 09:18:50 pm
good. since we just played them bowl before last we will get jacksonville instead.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ImHogginIt

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 05, 2015, 09:18:50 pm

Good. We matchup much better with them

King Kong

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 05, 2015, 11:34:13 pm
Be careful what you wish for, Kansas state record is deceptive. They lost to texas tech by 2 scores, like we did, lost to ok st. By 2 points, and by a touchdown to TCU and baylor. They just beat west virginia and have won 3 in a row. I suspect it will be a good game. Closer than many hog fans think.

They are well coached.

But they can't pass. And if you can't pass, my money is on Robb Smith

Atlhogfan1

The Snyder legend was pitched for the Cotton Bowl.  His teams just don't mistakes.  Then they went out and made mistakes and dropped passes and lost by multiple scores. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Atlhogfan1

kodiakisland

Quote from: razCzar on December 05, 2015, 09:23:08 pm
No surprise here... unfortunately.

http://www.bringonthecats.com/2015/12/5/9855698/k-state-will-accept-bid-to-liberty-bowl
"Not confirmed: the opponent, widely expected to be the Arkansas Razorbacks."

Reading the comments on that link.
If we do have to play them, and I hope don't, I hope we have a record setting day for BA and AC.  They are lucky to be going to a bowl and don't deserve as good a bowl as the Liberty.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

SPAL

If I'm capping this one, I'm opening the line at Arkansas -6

Tejano Jawg

Refresh my memory...what's their record? I still like the Penn State rumors from last week.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hoglady

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on December 06, 2015, 12:11:51 am
Refresh my memory…what's their record? I still like the Penn State rumors from last week.

With the win today against West Virginia - they finished the season 6-6.
Nothing wrong with playing a 6-6 team.
I didn't want to play them if they had a losing record, though.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: hoglady on December 06, 2015, 12:18:33 am
With the win today against West Virginia - they finished the season 6-6.
Nothing wrong with playing a 6-6 team.
I didn't want to play them if they had a losing record, though.

Thanks. I just remember seeing them before those last several wins...when they had a wayyy losing record. Glad they stepped it up from there.

I also remember liking their QB. Good runner, but not the nightmare Manziel side-to-side type.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on December 06, 2015, 12:24:18 am
Thanks. I just remember seeing them before those last several wins...when they had a wayyy losing record. Glad they stepped it up from there.

I also remember liking their QB. Good runner, but not the nightmare Manziel side-to-side type.

Much less athletic version of Miss St. 

Torqued pork

Every non-hog fan who bothers to watch will be cheering for the fightin' Snyders. Yee Haw

Hog Solo

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Hog Solo on December 06, 2015, 12:39:17 am
I hope we get a better bowl.

We're 7-5 and will pack the Liberty Bowl with Hog fans against a team that doesn't run the spread. It is a win win for 2015

hog911

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on December 05, 2015, 09:55:48 pm
We will destroy them.

We should destroy them. The problem is our team may not get up for this one, which can and will lead to a lose. They only had one decent win and that was today against West Virginia. If we truly want to win we can do it by forty.

Westcoasthog

Arkansas should be playing in the Outback Bowl or the Citrus Bowl. 

Slater

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 05, 2015, 11:52:12 pm
The Snyder legend was pitched for the Cotton Bowl.  His teams just don't mistakes.  Then they went out and made mistakes and dropped passes and lost by multiple scores.

One bad game completely detracts from rebuilding the worst program in college football history to a consistent top 25 team, great point.
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Hogfan991 on December 05, 2015, 09:31:52 pm

Wow, you are a freaking genius.   I bow down to your wisdom oh great one. 

Hog N Bama

CBB and CDE won't let them on the field for long. :-\

Chief Mac

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 06, 2015, 01:30:51 am
We're 7-5 and will pack the Liberty Bowl with Hog fans against a team that doesn't run the spread. It is a win win for 2015

This
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

TNhawgfan

our lackluster attendance to any bowl not in LA, TX, or Memphis bites us again
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

intelligence

i have a couple sock puppets over at goemaw.com if anyone wants to head over there and raz them up  ;)

HF#1

It is a good matchup for us I just wish the venue was different.  Liberty bowl isn't exactly widely known as a "good" bowl.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

DeltaBoy

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 06, 2015, 07:59:42 am
our lackluster attendance to any bowl not in LA, TX, or Memphis bites us again

Brother we don't have 50,000 fans in this state that can afford to take off and travel to Florida for a bowl.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 06, 2015, 08:18:49 am
The Liberty bowl has more prestige and tradition that any of the other bowls we could have gone to. And, it will be a sellout. So, a sellout crowd for a bowl game which will be basically a home game for the hogs against a team that struggles to throw the ball SHOULD help the hogs finish
8-5 and continue our upward trend.

Plus just look at dismal bowl record the past 40 years . I am happy to go and Win a bowl game.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoghiker

Can't say I'm going to be super pumped about this match up but it is a bowl game so I'll be watching. Going won't be a consideration.

k.c.hawg

A bowl game first and foremost is suppose to be a reward to the players. Nothing spells reward like a 300 mile trip to play one of the most lackluster teams in the P5 this year. That being said I'm glad KSU found it in themselves to win their last 3 so we aren't lining up on a 5-7 team. I'm glad our guys finished strong and hope they kick K State's ass but I had really hoped they might land somewhere other than Memphis. Went to the Liberty Bowl years ago when we played Auburn and had a very good time, it will be fine for fans wanting to do a New Years Eve thru the game trip or a day trip....just wished the players scored a better trip. I looked at the team events for the Outback Bowl and couldn't help but think how big of a drop we took with the MSU loss. Our conference wins were much more impressive than Tenner and we beat them head to head at their place, go figure.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Hawghiggs

Not to mention that this would be a dang good time to sub in Austin Allen for some valuable game time experience.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Hawghiggs on December 06, 2015, 08:36:11 am
Not to mention that this would be a dang good time to sub in Austin Allen for some valuable game time experience.

That won't happen.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Tom Bennett on December 06, 2015, 08:38:41 am
That won't happen.

And that's a shame. Because it would be real good experience for AA if he could play 2 or 3 quarters of that game.

regi

They run the spread, they just don't up tempo out of it much,

WilsonHog

Quote from: Hawghiggs on December 06, 2015, 08:45:04 am
And that's a shame. Because it would be real good experience for AA if he could play 2 or 3 quarters of that game.

And would send the completely wrong message to Brandon Allen. "Sorry, son, you don't get to go out as a Razorback on the field, with your teammates, because I need to get ready for next year. Here's a clipboard."

By the way, can I assume you want the same treatment for the other outgoing seniors - Sebastian Tretola, Mitch Smothers, Demarcus Hodge, and Rohan Gaines? Probably need to sit Alex Collins too, and see what we have with Juan Day and Denzell Evans, no?

The real Hogules

I'm holding out hope for something better than the Liberty Bowl.
I know we finished 7-5, but we beat MUCH better teams and a couple of them on the road than LSU and Tennessee both did.
I'll believe that we'll end up in a better bowl until AFTER it is announced and there's no more denying it.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

ricepig

Quote from: Tom Bennett on December 06, 2015, 08:52:24 am
And would send the completely wrong message to Brandon Allen. "Sorry, son, you don't get to go out as a Razorback on the field, with your teammates, because I need to get ready for next year. Here's a clipboard."

By the way, can I assume you want the same treatment for the other outgoing seniors - Sebastian Tretola, Mitch Smothers, Demarcus Hodge, and Rohan Gaines? Probably need to sit Alex Collins too, and see what we have with Juan Day and Denzell Evans, no?

We don't earn those rankings for our fans for nothing! I do wonder about some of their abilities to reason situations out. Anyway, I'll be at the game enjoying the 60* weather at kickoff.........I hope.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on December 06, 2015, 09:06:32 am
We don't earn those rankings for our fans for nothing! I do wonder about some of their abilities to reason situations out. Anyway, I'll be at the game enjoying the 60* weather at kickoff.........I hope.
I just wish there was a labyrinth close to the stadium...