NuttinItUp

Großer Kriegschwein

In before Kevin blames Isaac Newton.
This is my non-signature signature.

Wild Bill Hog

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 09, 2015, 10:58:12 pm

Heck he'd probably even try to blame Shakespeare!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

go hogues

Ed Aschoff didn't do his daily pump Ole Miss column today.

Muuuaaaaahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

hoginator

Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

B501

gmarv

that's great stuff.i can watch that play over and over and I probable will watch it at least another dozen times.
thanks for the link.

Suidae Suis Scrofa

That's pretty cool.  Thanks for the link.

-phil

ATLHog

The entire team should've purchased lottery tix after the game- the odds were definitely in their favor. Still cannot believe all those things happened in perfect order to make it happen-almost just unimaginable!

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: ATLHog on November 10, 2015, 08:57:00 am
The entire team should've purchased lottery tix after the game- the odds were definitely in their favor. Still cannot believe all those things happened in perfect order to make it happen-almost just unimaginable!
Unimaginable for the Hogs.  That kind of stuff happens to Auburn all the time...

younghog

Awesome breakdown..

30-1 odds on the ball bouncing seems low..

That was a once in a lifetime bounce off the tip by Dan..

LOVE IT

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

hoglady

Oh - thanks for posting that.
Enjoyed the heck out of watching that breakdown of the play.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hawgmasta

Cinco de Hogo

Yep 30-1 seems low.  I don't think I have ever seen a ball bounce that perfect for Arkansas whether funbled by us or the other team.

cypress rock

They should have stopped the plane in Tunica and let CBB play a few hands.  He said that he had been giving Freeze a few gambling tips!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: younghog on November 10, 2015, 09:11:30 am
Awesome breakdown..

LOVE IT

GO HOGS

Last time a ball bounced like that for us it went to Scotty Thurman on the perimeter.

Truth.

GuvHog

Quote from: younghog on November 10, 2015, 09:11:30 am
Awesome breakdown..

LOVE IT

GO HOGS

I agree the ball bounce was lucky but that was the only lucky thing on that play.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: GuvHog on November 10, 2015, 10:26:56 am
I agree the ball bounce was lucky but that was the only lucky thing on that play.

Disagree. We got lucky for once, why minimize it?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

LZH

That play makes the Michigan/Michigan State final play look rehearsed in comparison.

Unbelievable.

GuvHog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on November 10, 2015, 10:33:02 am
Disagree. We got lucky for once, why minimize it?

Nothing to minimize. Watch it again and notice that Henry turned his head and looked in Collins' direction before he threw the ball. Henry knew what he was going to do when he caught the ball and he knew where Collins was standing. The fact that the lateral went in Collins' direction wasn't luck. It wasn't just a wild desperation heave as some are claiming. The luck was that the ball bounced correctly.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 09, 2015, 10:58:12 pm

I doubt we'll be seeing KevinOMReb around here for a while. After he self identified as a sore loser and was exposed for being completely wrong he hasn't shown his face.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

KlubhouseKonnected

No but throwing while going down from that hit but still getting the ball so close to Collins, skipper being there to deflect, no Ole Miss player creating a scrum, none of the refs panicking and finding a marginal reason to throw a flag, Morgan and Sprinkle being in position to lead block, and Reed being in position to cover the fumble all coming together was pretty lucky as a whole. The say luck is where preparation meets opportunity but the fact that all that happened organically without rehearsal is pretty astounding.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on November 10, 2015, 10:51:08 am
No but throwing while going down from that hit but still getting the ball so close to Collins, skipper being there to deflect, no Ole Miss player creating a scrum, none of the refs panicking and finding a marginal reason to throw a flag, Morgan and Sprinkle being in position to lead block, and Reed being in position to cover the fumble all coming together was pretty lucky as a whole. The say luck is where preparation meets opportunity but the fact that all that happened organically without rehearsal is pretty astounding.

Good awareness, football IQ and drilling all coming together in the clutch.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

alohawg

Still hard to believe, just amazing. Let's hope no luck is needed this week as we must have used a decade's worth on that sequence alone.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

010HogFan

Quote from: GuvHog on November 10, 2015, 10:41:22 am
Nothing to minimize. Watch it again and notice that Henry turned his head and looked in Collins' direction before he threw the ball. Henry knew what he was going to do when he caught the ball and he knew where Collins was standing. The fact that the lateral went in Collins' direction wasn't luck. It wasn't just a wild desperation heave as some are claiming. The luck was that the ball bounced correctly.

The whole thing was pretty desperate and very very lucky.

Trottsky

Who says it doesn't take a scientific rocket to win this game?

Displacement, angle of deflection, thermodynamics, even a flux capacitor went into this play's execution.

PonderinHog

I know one damn thing.  I wouldn't bet on it happening again, anytime soon.

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

hogfan870

Quote from: GuvHog on November 10, 2015, 10:41:22 am

I thought this too - the Henry knew where he was throwing it - but I am pretty sure in an interview after the game I heard him say that he just flung it and was not really aiming at anyone.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hogfan870 on November 10, 2015, 12:43:16 pm
I thought this too - the Henry knew where he was throwing it - but I am pretty sure in an interview after the game I heard him say that he just flung it and was not really aiming at anyone.

He was aiming at the crowd. Collins was behind Skipper from HH's angle. It wasn't a backwards pass to Collins. It was a heave into the crowd with hopes that someone would recover it and get it to a runner.

Ole Miss had 3 on the line and everyone else back in coverage. Collins supporting the OL in the backfield. HH knew where we had the numbers......the rest is history.......

sickboy

I know Drew Morgan doesn't believe in luck, but to heave the ball blindly over your head 20+ yards into the middle of the field and have it float to the ONE GUY on your team who is 6'10" inches tall -- who just happens to bat the ball blindly toward our most lethal athlete on the field -- then have the ball hit the ground -- and bounce PERFECTLY up into Collins' arms as he takes off -- and then to have the fortune of having blockers on that side of the field at that point... I mean, call it whatever you like -- but the likelihood of what happened has to be astronomically, astronomically low. Infinitesimal.

I still can't believe what I saw.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: sickboy on November 10, 2015, 01:16:36 pm
I know Drew Morgan doesn't believe in luck, but to heave the ball blindly over your head 20+ yards into the middle of the field and have it float to the ONE GUY on your team who is 6'10" inches tall -- who just happens to bat the ball blindly toward our most lethal athlete on the field -- then have the ball hit the ground -- and bounce PERFECTLY up into Collins' arms as he takes off -- and then to have the fortune of having blockers on that side of the field at that point... I mean, call it whatever you like -- but the likelihood of what happened has to be astronomically, astronomically low. Infinitesimal.

Before the snap on that play I said "It will take a miracle, a pure miracle"... and then one happened!

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 10, 2015, 10:46:01 am

I doubt we'll be seeing KevinOMReb around here for a while. After he self identified as a sore loser and was exposed for being completely wrong he hasn't shown his face.

Seriously. I can sympathize a bit on the meltdown but own up to it, apologize and congratulate after the fact at least.

Anyways, that's what I did with all my uncles and cousins after the Mizzou game last year... Remember kids, don't drink and group text with conference foe supporting family members.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 10, 2015, 01:23:06 pm

Before the snap on that play I said "It will take a miracle, a pure miracle"... and then one happened!
word for word what i was saying.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

reddogjcss

That's slicker than Owl snot on truck frond window!

BirmingHam

Kinda like the "Big Bang". Maybe we have evolved into a new universe.

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Cinco de Hogo

Sounds like a good reason to believe in God to me!!!