Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone know what these hand signals mean?

Started by Doug, October 13, 2015, 09:37:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Lanny

What the hell............................................
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Gonzo

Considering the tone of the board lately, I was a bit apprehensive clicking on such a title

Go Hogs! Beat Auburn!

hoginator

Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Dark Helmet Hog

WilsonHog

The Hawg Marshal

theFlyingHog

If nothing else, it means more traffic for HV

BorderPatrol

Dark Helmet Hog

TechHawg

Wow. Seriously. This better be investigated. It could explain why it seemed Alabama's defense knew what play we were going to run.

The Hawg Marshal

Jim Harris tweeted the video of the guy making hand signals. So they are looking into it.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 13, 2015, 09:50:42 pm
Jim Harris tweeted the video of the guy making hand signals. So they are looking into it.

Good!

Doug

Quote from: The Hawg MarshalJim Harris tweeted the video of the guy making hand signals. So they are looking into it.
We were posting it up in two different locations at the same time. He did his via twitter... I put Hogville's up on Youtube.
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

The Hawg Marshal

We need to get this in the hands of all the major sports reporters until one of them runs with it.

arkfan81

If sec said there was any wrong doing, what would happen?
Have faith...

Atlhogfan1

I think the question is will media outside of Arkansas pay attention and if they aren't will someone try and make them? 

To me, it looks like the guy's eyes cut to Bielema as he starts his hand gestures to see if he is being watched. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hogeration

Do these guys normally use the visitor sideline for recording?  Is there one on each sideline? 

I think it means Collins up the middle for 2 yards.

20hog11

The fact that people aren't even considering this is what's really puzzling. How is it ok for a guy with a mic to be recording on the sideline and then sending signals towards the field and or the opposite sideline. I really hope something comes from this cause it just isn't right, but all people want to talk about is Bielema and his dance.... There's a bigger issue and it seems the majority of the people don't even care.

Porked Tongue

If he hung so close to BB's back like he was in this video, I'd bet there are more shenanigans to see.

Video works both ways.

hoginator

Quote from: 20hog11 on October 13, 2015, 09:58:56 pm
The fact that people aren't even considering this is what's really puzzling. How is it ok for a guy with a mic to be recording on the sideline and then sending signals towards the field and or the opposite sideline. I really hope something comes from this cause it just isn't right, but all people want to talk about is Bielema and his dance.... There's a bigger issue and it seems the majority of the people don't even care.
That's what blew me away this morning when a national sports reporter on a local radio show said the SEC should give CBB a 1 game suspension for his actions. Really? How about the SEC figure out why someone without NCAA permission is VIDEOING the visiting team's sideline? The tail wags the dog...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

The Boar War

I believe there was more than one shooter at Dealey Plaza but I would say that's an equipment malfunction with the operator trying to get the attention of someone who can help him.

widespreadsooie

Haha I mean you can't tell anything from that. There were plenty of cameras rolling in that stadium Saturday night. If this guy were sending signals all game we would have had better evidence than a three second YouTube clip come up before now.

InHOGuration Ball

Quote from: The Boar War on October 13, 2015, 10:06:44 pm
I believe there was more than one shooter at Dealey Plaza but I would say that's an equipment malfunction with the operator trying to get the attention of someone who can help him.

We would need evidence of an equipment malfunction to prove that theory, although it is a legit possibility.  Why did the dude cut his eyes to BB right at the start of his signals....hmmm.    And then he looked around a player to see if the signal receiver saw his signal.   Who is the signal receiver on the opposite side of the field?

The Hawg Marshal

You may be right, but I think it needs to be looked in to. You never know.

BadHog

This happened at the 5:12 mark, first half. Hogs are 2nd and 10.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Lanny

I have no idea what the signals mean, could be he is communicating with the other camera guys.

The question I want explained is why is he allowed to video record the Razorbacks sideline, we know he did record the Razorback sideline and we demand answers why this was allowed.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

The Hawg Marshal

Yep this may lead to nothing , but it at least needs to be looked in to.

Ex-Trumpet

I think it means they're only down a field goal.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on October 13, 2015, 10:29:32 pm
I'm certainly not a tech person, but that big round thing in his hand is a microphone isn't it?  Is it possible that he could use that to eavesdrop on the communication between Bielema and the coaches in the booth?

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

theFlyingHog

The Boar War

Quote from: InHOGuration Ball on October 13, 2015, 10:15:44 pm
We would need evidence of an equipment malfunction to prove that theory, although it is a legit possibility.  Why did the dude cut his eyes to BB right at the start of his signals....hmmm.    And then he looked around a player to see if the signal receiver saw his signal.   Who is the signal receiver on the opposite side of the field?

I would imagine he's signaling to another member of the production crew.  Presumably someone who is doing the exact same thing on the Bama sideline.  But if he were involved in some sort of sign stealing system set up by Bama what information could he reliably convey?  Any hand signals would have to have a predetermined meaning.  What beneficial message could you give that would be worth this type of cover up?  The only thing that comes to mind is a fake punt and this was at a different point in the game.

If this guy does this several times throughout the game there might be something to it.  But to me it looks like a guy trying to communicate with his crew members.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: The Boar War on October 13, 2015, 10:49:56 pm
I would imagine he's signaling to another member of the production crew.  Presumably someone who is doing the exact same thing on the Bama sideline.  But if he were involved in some sort of sign stealing system set up by Bama what information could he reliably convey?  Any hand signals would have to have a predetermined meaning.  What beneficial message could you give that would be worth this type of cover up?  The only thing that comes to mind is a fake punt and this was at a different point in the game.

If this guy does this several times throughout the game there might be something to it.  But to me it looks like a guy trying to communicate with his crew members.
The person in question is reported to live in Tuscaloosa. In a large conspiracy it would not be out of the question for him to be signalling to a coach. He could have simple signals, run or pass. I'm guessing some of our military brethren could tell us a surprising amount of info can be passed via hand signals

Doug

Quote from: The Boar WarIf this guy does this several times throughout the game there might be something to it.  But to me it looks like a guy trying to communicate with his crew members.
This is also the guy that recorded the "flop".

What does a Microphone Boom Operator need with a recording via a mobile device of anything on the sideline, especially if he's supposed to be WORKING? :)
--Doug

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Doug on October 13, 2015, 11:04:35 pm
This is also the guy that recorded the "flop".

What does a Microphone Boom Operator need with a recording via a mobile device of anything on the sideline, especially if he's supposed to be WORKING? :)
He sure does wiggle like a fish

jgphillips3

I'm pretty sure those signals mean: "I was going to signal you what plays they are going to run but they seem to still be doing the same damn thing over and over that hasn't worked so can I just go get a pizza?"

That said, it is interesting if this guy videoed Bielema on the flopaloola dance.

BadHog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 13, 2015, 11:18:28 pm
I'm pretty sure those signals mean: "I was going to signal you what plays they are going to run but they seem to still be doing the same damn thing over and over that hasn't worked so can I just go get a pizza?"

That said, it is interesting if this guy videoed Bielema on the flopaloola dance.

According to the photos, the guy who recorded BB was wearing blue jeans. This guy is in shorts. Both of these guys were on the UArk sidelines throughout the game.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

theFlyingHog

Quote from: BadHog on October 13, 2015, 11:30:14 pm
According to the photos, the guy who recorded BB was wearing blue jeans. This guy is in shorts. Both of these guys were on the UArk sidelines throughout the game.
Good catch. I saw a pic of the guy in jeans and he looked to be a little fatter. This guy looks like he is in pretty good shape

HawgLife4Eva

How is the media not all over this?

This is way more deceptive than deflating footballs, filming the practice of other teams, etc. We are talking about stealing plays from an opposing sideline and signaling them in while a game is in progress.

NuttinItUp

Very suspicious...

I'd like to hear what Bielema has to say about it.

hogfan870

Sseeiously, if this guy's job to get audio of the "pads popping" type sounds to enhance the broadcast - which is what I have always thought those guys are for - why is he standing behind a bunch of people that would block the sound? He is either cheating or performing really poorly at his job - or both.

radar

It would be extremely flattering to Bielema for hog fans to believe bama would feel the need to steal signals, in order to win the game...

sickboy

Quote from: radar on October 14, 2015, 02:22:49 am
It would be extremely flattering to Bielema for hog fans to believe bama would feel the need to steal signals, in order to win the game...

Don't flatter yourself. Saban probably steals signals off every coach.

JoeyCapital

Wasn't Saban Belichecks DC at Cleveland?

The lessons you learn early stick with you...
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

BartIV

JIMMY BOARFFETT

So, that's what Saban meant when he said, "We stopped their little fake punt play...which we knew about."
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

LA Football fan

The hand signals could very well mean - hey I got the mic pointed directly at Bret, can you clearly hear what he is saying?