Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dan Enos vs Toledo

Started by Dr. Pepper, September 09, 2015, 06:01:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Pepper

Obviously the hogs were passing much more frequently than they have the past 2 years vs UTEP.  Now most will argue that this was due to defensive looks, but I think it could also be out of necessity due to Arkansas' running game not being as strong as in year's past.  Do you see the pass first attack demonstrated last Saturday becoming a trend (Enos was slightly pass happy at CMU)?  Furthermore, Enos is 0-5 in his career vs Toledo.  Do you see their familiarity with the offense (and past success against it) giving a significant chance to win / keep it very interesting?
:razorback:   :razorback:   :razorback:

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Dr. Pepper on September 09, 2015, 06:01:22 pm
Obviously the hogs were passing much more frequently than they have the past 2 years vs UTEP.  Now most will argue that this was due to defensive looks, but I think it could also be out of necessity due to Arkansas' running game not being as strong as in year's past.  Do you see the pass first attack demonstrated last Saturday becoming a trend (Enos was slightly pass happy at CMU)?  Furthermore, Enos is 0-5 in his career vs Toledo.  Do you see their familiarity with the offense (and past success against it) giving a significant chance to win / keep it very interesting?

No.
[CENSORED]!

ChitownHawg

Toledo is playing Arkansas this Saturday not CMU. CDE will get his revenge.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ricepig

Dr. Pepper

My main concern is whether or not we will run the ball as well as last and whether what we saw play calling wise on Saturday will be a trend rather than an exception.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ricepig

Quote from: Dr. Pepper on September 09, 2015, 06:09:31 pm
My main concern is whether or not we will run the ball as well as last and whether what we saw play calling wise on Saturday will be a trend rather than an exception.

We seldom ran the ball "well" when the box was stacked last year. We had some success, but even when we're in tight, we struggled at times. It appears Enos isn't going to try and force it, except when the game was over, and that's a good thing.

MuskogeeHogFan

It will wind up being perceived as a "trend" every single time that some team puts 8 or more people in the box.
Go Hogs Go!

Hoggard

You just can't win with some fans. It really does beat all I've ever seen. For all the posters who think that Arkansas has suddenly forgotten how to run the ball. Please SHUT UP.

UTEP is a very very well coached football team. They spent the ENTIRE offseason gameplanning to stop our rushing attack. CDE said ok fine if you are going to sell out to stop the run we are going to pass the ball to score. And we did !!

Could we have won the game forcing the run game down their throat ? Yes. But we finally have a coach who understands the concepts of taking what the defense gives you. Do you honestly think that we suddenly forgot how to run the ball ? Please SHUT UP.

DO you really think that if the opposition stays honest in the box that we can't or won't make a living running the ball ? Just shut up already. I'm sick of reading post that suggest that our big strong experienced offensive line has somehow forgotten how to run block.

Run blocking is easier than pass blocking. If we come out against Toledo and rush for 500 yards are all you chicken littles going to rush to your keyboards and declare that we no longer have a passing game ? Geez common sense isn't so common.
God is Love. Its as simple as that. It's the one fruit I can and WILL judge you by.

Dr. Pepper

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Dr. Pepper on September 09, 2015, 06:19:18 pm
Other teams on our schedule can sell out to stop the run too, and actually have the athletes to cover on the back end

You are right, we are dead in the water.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

LRHawg

Dr. Pepper

Quote from: Hoggard on September 09, 2015, 06:17:15 pm
You just can't win with some fans. It really does beat all I've ever seen. For all the posters who think that Arkansas has suddenly forgotten how to run the ball. Please SHUT UP.

UTEP is a very very well coached football team. They spent the ENTIRE offseason gameplanning to stop our rushing attack. CDE said ok fine if you are going to sell out to stop the run we are going to pass the ball to score. And we did !!

Could we have won the game forcing the run game down their throat ? Yes. But we finally have a coach who understands the concepts of taking what the defense gives you. Do you honestly think that we suddenly forgot how to run the ball ? Please SHUT UP.

DO you really think that if the opposition stays honest in the box that we can't or won't make a living running the ball ? Just shut up already. I'm sick of reading post that suggest that our big strong experienced offensive line has somehow forgotten how to run block.

Run blocking is easier than pass blocking. If we come out against Toledo and rush for 500 yards are all you chicken littles going to rush to your keyboards and declare that we no longer have a passing game ? Geez common sense isn't so common.

No, but I do feel the Williams injury will hurt in that regard more than most will admit.  Kody Walker is good (reminds me of Broderick Green a little), but he isn't the playmaker that JWill is.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Rison Razor Hog

Quote from: Hoggard on September 09, 2015, 06:17:15 pm

If we come out against Toledo and rush for 500 yards are all you chicken littles going to rush to your keyboards and declare that we no longer have a passing game ?

Yes, they will. It is most confounding, lol!
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

Dr. Pepper

"Concern troll" is one of the silliest things I've seen on the Internet.  I would like to simply discuss the prospects of Arkansas' running game.

Cinco de Hogo

If we "forget" how to run the ball it won't be against Toledo or any of the first five teams on our schedule so please "wait for it".

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Dr. Pepper on September 09, 2015, 06:29:01 pm
"Concern troll" is one of the silliest things I've seen on the Internet.  I would like to simply discuss the prospects of Arkansas' running game.

Here it is in a nutshell. When teams play us more balanced, we will run the football and pass the football more equally.

When teams stack the box we will throw until they don't stack the box.

When teams lay back in coverage to try to keep our passing game underneath their coverage umbrella, we will run the football until they stop doing that.

For the first time in a long, long time we have a OC and HC that is committed to taking the opportunistic yards that opposing defenses are willing to give us based on their alignments.

It seems that we no longer feel the need to try to hammer a square peg in a round hole.

I can't even believe how good this feels.
Go Hogs Go!

Biggus Piggus

I do predict - though - that Toledo will prove a more interesting opponent than Northern Illinois was + Hogville will be overrun with worry warts come Saturday evening.
[CENSORED]!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 09, 2015, 06:36:24 pm
Here it is in a nutshell. When teams play us more balanced, we will run the football and pass the football more equally.

When teams stack the box we will throw until they don't stack the box.

When teams lay back in coverage to try to keep our passing game underneath their coverage umbrella, we will run the football until they stop doing that.

For the first time in a long, long time we have a OC and HC that is committed to taking the opportunistic yards that opposing defenses are willing to give us based on their alignments.

I can't even believe how good this feels.

Like this...

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Killean

Offense was heavily biased towards the pass..

We through 20 passes and we ran the ball 34 times.

37% pass, 63% run

too pass heavy  ;)
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Dr. Pepper

Quote from: Killean on September 09, 2015, 06:48:40 pm
Offense was heavily biased towards the pass..

We through 20 passes and we ran the ball 34 times.

37% pass, 63% run

too pass heavy  ;)

Well yea the whole 4th Q where we ran up the middle (mostly unsuccessfully)to bleed the clock kinda skews that, but when the game was still "in doubt"...

southeasthog

Quote from: Dr. Pepper on September 09, 2015, 06:53:10 pm
Well yea the whole 4th Q where we ran up the middle (mostly unsuccessfully)to bleed the clock kinda skews that, but when the game was still "in doubt"...
When was the game in doubt? Two years ago maybe.

WarPig88

No.

I look for Coach Enos to exact some revenge this weekend.

Dr. Pepper

Quote from: southeasthog on September 09, 2015, 06:55:21 pm
When was the game in doubt? Two years ago maybe.

I put in doubt in quotes to acknowledge that it was never actually in doubt.  I meant when Arkansas was still trying to score / run their normal offense. 

hoghevn

Obviously the hogs were passing much more frequently than they have the past 2 years vs UTEP.  Now most will argue that this was due to defensive looks, but I think it could also be out of necessity due to Arkansas' running game not being as strong as in year's past. Do you see the pass first attack demonstrated last Saturday becoming a trend (Enos was slightly pass happy at CMU)?  Furthermore, Enos is 0-5 in his career vs Toledo.  Do you see their familiarity with the offense (and past success against it) giving a significant chance to win / keep it very interesting?

Arkansas has been on track with it's running game 1 YEAR!!  Last YEAR!!,  It's obvious you're a troll.  Last year you complained about us only having a running game.....

Let it go, we love this coach!!

Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

hammer66

Try to teach your mind to considered the positives that could happen.
Something like, what if AC runs for 300 yards and is too tired to practice hard the following week. This keeps a negative in your mind but it's something positive overall.
After all your just coming up with "what ifs".

Dr. Pepper

Quote from: hoghevn on September 09, 2015, 06:57:54 pm
Arkansas has been on track with it's running game 1 YEAR!!  Last YEAR!!,  It's obvious you're a troll.  Last year you complained about us only having a running game.....

Let it go, we love this coach!!

Huh?  Link?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 09, 2015, 06:40:34 pm
I do predict - though - that Toledo will prove a more interesting opponent than Northern Illinois was + Hogville will be overrun with worry warts come Saturday evening.

Would that be a new trend? ;)
Go Hogs Go!

Doug

Bless your precious little heart, Dr. Pepper. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Hoggish1

You are all wet... LMAO

Großer Kriegschwein

He thinks it was a pass first offense. I know we passed on the first play, however, I tend to believe the coaches in the post-game interview when they said we threw it because they put 8 in the box (if they give it to us, we'll take it). We NEED our running backs for SEC play, spread out the carries between all three fairly well and win the game.

But hey, it was just the coaches that said it. No reason to believe it.

As for Enos being 0-5, well, everyone else on the team is 0-0. We'll curb stomp em. To think anything else as a fan is silly.

TomasPistola

These are the kinds of posts that make me want to drink Mr.Pibb instead.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: TomasPistola on September 09, 2015, 07:52:04 pm

Well played sir.

Drivel.

pigbacon

I'd drink a Mr.Pibb any day. Now if you'd said Dr. Thunder...

Dr. Pepper

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 09, 2015, 08:10:52 pm
The hogs are gonna jump on toledo like Phil Fulmer on a krispy Kreme.

Wouldn't surprised if the Hogs don't put it out of reach until the late 3rd or early 4th.  The rockets are the favorites in the MAC this year and will be ready to play...

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Dr. Pepper on September 09, 2015, 08:13:13 pm

Wouldn't surprised if the Hogs don't put it out of reach until the late 3rd or early 4th.  The rockets are the favorites in the MAC this year and will be ready to play...

Go say that in the mirror to yourself three times and if it still sounds right to you, call Dr. Phil cause someone is spiking your Dr. Pepper.

Dr. Pepper

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 09, 2015, 08:17:07 pm
Go say that in the mirror to yourself three times and if it still sounds right to you, call Dr. Phil cause someone is spiking your Dr. Pepper.

They played Missouri close for a half last year, the same Missouri that won a division in the SEC and Toledo is supposed to be just as good if not better this year.

PorkSoda

it might drive me to drink pepsi...actually no, no it wont
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 09, 2015, 08:29:04 pm
it might drive me to drink pepsi...actually no, no it wont

Well if you do decide to drink Pepsi, just make sure it is accompanied by a Moon Pie. Elvis will be proud.
Go Hogs Go!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Dr. Pepper on September 09, 2015, 08:25:58 pm
They played Missouri close for a half last year, the same Missouri that won a division in the SEC and Toledo is supposed to be just as good if not better this year.

How long you been a pessimist and was it a major or minor degree of study?

We are much better than Missouri was last year. It was the east, BA was hurt, otherwise we would have won last year.

We have given no indication that we will do anything other than DESTROY them at the point of attack.

At halftime against stoneybrook, Toledo was only winning 16-7. That's why.

Dr. Pepper

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 09, 2015, 08:31:47 pm
How long you been a pessimist and was it a major or minor degree of study?

We are much better than Missouri was last year. It was the east, BA was hurt, otherwise we would have won last year.

We have given no indication that we will do anything other than DESTROY them at the point of attack.

At halftime against stoneybrook, Toledo was only winning 16-7. That's why.

A) I'll withhold judgment on that until we do something other than destroy a team in a game that we were favored by 33.  I wouldn't downplay the East either, the hogs lost to its best two teams and one of them was a beat down.
B) Ok, I can see your point here, but I watched it and Toledo was just about to blow the game open (as they were expected to).

I'm not saying we'll lose either, but I could see them hanging around longer than we'd like.

southeasthog

I believe I found Mr. Peppers problem.                                                                 
Quote from: Dr. Pepper on December 03, 2012, 06:16:24 pm
I have very reliable sources within the AD.  Very, very reliable sources.  They're telling me that the new coach has a deal in place and is the current head coach at Arkansas State.

Welcome Home Gus!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Dr. Pepper on September 09, 2015, 08:40:54 pm
A) I'll withhold judgment on that until we do something other than destroy a team in a game that we were favored by 33.  I wouldn't downplay the East either, the hogs lost to its best two teams and one of them was a beat down.
B) Ok, I can see your point here, but I watched it and Toledo was just about to blow the game open (as they were expected to).

I'm not saying we'll lose either, but I could see them hanging around longer than we'd like.

With a very similar roster, with a healthy QB, DESTROYED Ol Piss by 30 and that was without much of a passing game.

The only place Toledo will be hanging out will be on their backs on the field.

The GA beat down came in the 1st quarter. The rest of the game was a different story. Or don't you remember?

Dr. Pepper

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 09, 2015, 08:56:47 pm
With a very similar roster, with a healthy QB, DESTROYED Ol Piss by 30 and that was without much of a passing game.

The only place Toledo will be hanging out will be on their backs on the field.

The GA beat down came in the 1st quarter. The rest of the game was a different story. Or don't you remember?

My family and I were some of the very few still in our section when I left in the 4th Q.  Georgia destroyed us that day, and the turnovers didn't help.  We kept competing and made the score respectable, but they were undoubtedly the better team last year especially on that day.  They finished second in the division that you are downplaying.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Dr. Pepper on September 09, 2015, 08:40:54 pm

What about when we destroy a team we are favored over by 3 TDs?  Doesn't matter how bad we actually beat Toledo...Texas Tech will then be your team to pump up. 

We would all prefer that you "withhold your judgement"...then we wouldn't be sucked into this thread.

Dr. Pepper

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on September 09, 2015, 09:13:43 pm
What about when we destroy a team we are favored over by 3 TDs?  Doesn't matter how bad we actually beat Toledo...Texas Tech will then be your team to pump up. 

We would all prefer that you "withhold your judgement"...then we wouldn't be sucked into this thread.

That was in response to his comment that Arkansas was better than last year's east champions.