Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stoerner joining SEC Network

Started by ricepig, August 20, 2015, 02:18:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AugustaHog

It will be nice to have some representation on there finally.  I can't complain though because McElroy is always very positive on the Hogs.

Uncommon

August 20, 2015, 02:30:16 pm #2 Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 02:42:18 pm by Uncommon
Quote from: AugustaHog on August 20, 2015, 02:26:37 pm
It will be nice to have some representation on there finally.  I can't complain though because McElroy is always very positive on the Hogs.
Greg's our hype man.  It doesn't hurt that he is one of the smartest people in the room either.  Knows what he's talking about.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

PigWig

Awesome. Stoerner was the first great Arkansas QB I can remember from my childhood/teenage years.  I'm really happy for him.

Jek Tono Porkins

Indeed, McElroy is high on Coach B. He even said that Coach B had the best coaching performance in the SEC in 2014. But it will be nice to have Stoerner on there.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

nchogg

It will be good to see both of them there. Two QB's.

Hogsmo Kramer

I hope he doesn't fumble over his words.  ;D

Just kidding, just kidding don't shoot me!

He was a great hog and happy to see him get the opportunity.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

gmarv

good for him,like seeing our boys do well after they graduate.

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Cinco de Hogo

Happy, Happy, Happy Hog!!!  :razorback: ;D

Hog N Bama

Congrats to Clint! Will be a good balance to all the LSU bias from Marcus Spears. I like Marcus, but he really needs to tone down the LSU love a bit. It's so bad the other guys on the network laugh about it.

Hogberry Snortcake

HOGGISHABOUTAR

congrats to Clint! always liked that dude.

hoglady

Stoerner has really improved his speaking skills over the last few years.
If you've heard him lately on the radio he really sounds good.
Happy for him - hope he does great!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Mike Irwin

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

mhsbc59

They made a great choice, Clint will shoot them strait
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Augustus

I was glad to see McElroy get the nod to be Tebow's replacement on SEC Nation.  He's very fair and VERY knowledgeable.  (and, also very High on the Hogs!  :) )

Clint will do very well in the Studio.  I think he's just as knowledgeable. 

I'm kind of curious if David Bazzel was approached for a gig with SEC Network?  He's become a regular on the Finebaum Show

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hoglady on August 20, 2015, 04:47:09 pm
Stoerner has really improved his speaking skills over the last few years.
If you've heard him lately on the radio he really sounds good.
Happy for him - hope he does great!!
I'm very happy to hear that. I haven't heard anything from him since the awful ppv telecast. Good to know he's improved since then.

Westcoasthog

Congratulations for Clint Stoerner for joining the SEC Network.

The Hogfather

Long overdue.  He'll be very good!

TheRazorback500

Yes, congrats! It's time to add a little "stern talk" to the network!

:razorback:

Do you wanna get Rocked?

sowmonella

I just hope Clint doesn't fall into the trap of being hyper critical of the Hogs just to show his objectivity. Good luck to him. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

BigSexyHog

Was never a big fan of Marcus the player especially with the Cowgirls but he is pretty good and usually speaks well of the hogs
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

KlubhouseKonnected

"That's all from here in Tuscaloosa so let's Stern it on over to Clint in the studio."

Also just kidding.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Iwastherein1969

a definite improvement from Ruscin and Craft....those two guys were band buzzers in high school....wonder what CBB is thinking about "the shining face" in this interview ? # 8 has to be counting the days he gets the hell out of that studio...its two clowns and a football player
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

redeye

Dari is from Tulsa and I suspect he's a hog fan.  I've actually been very surprised by how much positive attention we receive on the SECN, ever since it debut.

Swine-as-wine

Great news about Clint........but who is McElroy NOT high on? That dude walks on so many egg shells
that they oughta nickname him HumptyDumpty. He rubs the bellys and pats the heads of each and every
team/player he talks about.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: redeye on August 20, 2015, 11:59:59 pm
Dari is from Tulsa and I suspect he's a hog fan.  I've actually been very surprised by how much positive attention we receive on the SECN, ever since it debut.
agreed, about Dari at least to the point where he will make sure the Hogs get a fair shake....I think it's Dari's main job inside the SECN to not let all of the programming morph into Alabama vs Auburn, all day, every day, which would be right in Finebaum's wheel-house

smb

GeorgiaHOG

mizzouman

I think Stoerner will be good.  McElroy is a clown.  He's the king of contradiction.  Yesterday he said he didn't put a player on his first team because he wanted see more of him against tougher competition but yet puts another player on his team that hasn't played hardly at all.  What?

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on August 20, 2015, 09:51:05 pm
a definite improvement from Ruscin and Craft....those two guys were band buzzers in high school....wonder what CBB is thinking about "the shining face" in this interview ? # 8 has to be counting the days he gets the hell out of that studio...its two clowns and a football player

#8?

bp

Cinco de Hogo

Ok time to man up, a few weeks ago in a thread on he subject of SECN talking heads I(and others) said that a former Razerback would never be hired by the SECN.

I proud to say I was wrong!   ;)

Demi

Quote from: BorderPatrol on August 21, 2015, 08:12:13 am
#8?

bp

It is hard to sort through iwasthere's drivel but he's talking about Tyler Wilson.

I am sad the Morning Rush isn't on in LR anymore, was good to hear some actual Razorback discussion in the mornings.

tolerati

Congratulations, Clint! Good luck!
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Demi on August 21, 2015, 10:54:04 am
It is hard to sort through iwasthere's drivel but he's talking about Tyler Wilson.

I am sad the Morning Rush isn't on in LR anymore, was good to hear some actual Razorback discussion in the mornings.
You actually think the MORNING RUSH is full of factual information and Razorback discussion ? If so it is clear to me that either you didn't listen to the MORNING RUSH nearly as much as you claim or you are quite easily entertained. Why do you think Stoerner lasted just a few months ? There were days when Clint would just go silent for two or three segments at a time. Having to look at and ultimately share silly, giggling, teenage girl-like  blabber with the "Rocky and Bullwinkle (with rosacea)" of  morning radio sports talk in Arkansas.  How that radio show lasts is a mystery to me. They may take 5 calls in 3 hours and that's on a busy day.

Augustus

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on August 21, 2015, 08:13:09 am
Ok time to man up, a few weeks ago in a thread on he subject of SECN talking heads I(and others) said that a former Razerback would never be hired by the SECN.

I proud to say I was wrong!   ;)

Was that the thread about who would replace Tebow on the SEC Nation - Saturday morning show?  I "knew" Stoerner wouldn't get that job, I figured it would be McElroy.

But, I don't think I ever said Clint wouldn't be hired as an analyst for SECN.  I actually figured Bazzel would get hired by SECN before Clint, with as much air time as he's gotten on Finebaum this past year

Hoggard

Quote from: Augustus on August 20, 2015, 07:16:58 pm
I was glad to see McElroy get the nod to be Tebow's replacement on SEC Nation.  He's very fair and VERY knowledgeable.  (and, also very High on the Hogs!  :) )

Clint will do very well in the Studio.  I think he's just as knowledgeable. 

I'm kind of curious if David Bazzel was approached for a gig with SEC Network?  He's become a regular on the Finebaum Show

Please NO to David Bazzel. I know he's a tremendous Hog fan and all that I just don't care for him. I don't know why he just isn't a likeable guy imo.

As far as Clint goes I think he did really well. I disagree with almost everything he said tonight but he did a good job of saying it. If that makes any sense to you.

He went on a little rant about stars next to the players names... IMO he couldn't be any more wrong.

Then he started on about how there wasn't any parity in the SEC. That its basically Alabama, Florida, Georgia and occasionally Auburn when it comes to talent and THEN there's everyone else. Wrong Clint. Bama was beat by Ole Miss who was then beat by Arkansas last year. South Carolina seems like they have owned Georgia since the old ball coach got there. And Petrino isn't the old ball coach, Spurrier is...

I know it seems like I'm being critical and tough. I'm really not. Honestly I enjoyed having a former Hog on the SECN. Just disagreed with some of his initial thoughts.
God is Love. Its as simple as that. It's the one fruit I can and WILL judge you by.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on August 20, 2015, 09:51:05 pm
Ha. For a minute I thought I was looking at Chris Christy on the left. But I didn't see any Krispy Kremes anywhere  ;) Clint will be a favorite on the SEC Network by all!

RyanLR

He's gonna do well I think. I always enjoyed him on 103.7 the Buzz.

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

lefty08

Just watched some videos of him on the network. He and Shavers will make a good team, both are knowledgeable
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Hugehogsfan

I thought he did a good job, not great, the argument about parody in the league just seemed to drag on, but I think he will provide some good arguments with the others on network.  Just glad we have some rep on that network and it wasn't a dude named "BOOGER"!

Fatman

Quote from: Augustus on August 21, 2015, 06:57:57 pm
Was that the thread about who would replace Tebow on the SEC Nation - Saturday morning show?  I "knew" Stoerner wouldn't get that job, I figured it would be McElroy.

But, I don't think I ever said Clint wouldn't be hired as an analyst for SECN.  I actually figured Bazzel would get hired by SECN before Clint, with as much air time as he's gotten on Finebaum this past ye

Fatman

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on August 21, 2015, 06:44:08 pm
You actually think the MORNING RUSH is full of factual information and Razorback discussion ? If so it is clear to me that either you didn't listen to the MORNING RUSH nearly as much as you claim or you are quite easily entertained. Why do you think Stoerner lasted just a few months ? There were days when Clint would just go silent for two or three segments at a time. Having to look at and ultimately share silly, giggling, teenage girl-like  blabber with the "Rocky and Bullwinkle (with rosacea)" of  morning radio sports talk in Arkansas.  How that radio show lasts is a mystery to me. They may take 5 calls in 3 hours and that's on a busy day.
We get it you don't like the show. Obviously someone does as it has been on for 6 or 7 years now and improved every year. Change your presets in your hoopty car.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I'm surprised they didn't hire Keith Jackson.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Hoggard on August 21, 2015, 08:21:26 pm
Please NO to David Bazzel. I know he's a tremendous Hog fan and all that I just don't care for him. I don't know why he just isn't a likeable guy imo.

As far as Clint goes I think he did really well. I disagree with almost everything he said tonight but he did a good job of saying it. If that makes any sense to you.

He went on a little rant about stars next to the players names... IMO he couldn't be any more wrong.

Then he started on about how there wasn't any parity in the SEC. That its basically Alabama, Florida, Georgia and occasionally Auburn when it comes to talent and THEN there's everyone else. Wrong Clint. Bama was beat by Ole Miss who was then beat by Arkansas last year. South Carolina seems like they have owned Georgia since the old ball coach got there. And Petrino isn't the old ball coach, Spurrier is...

I know it seems like I'm being critical and tough. I'm really not. Honestly I enjoyed having a former Hog on the SECN. Just disagreed with some of his initial thoughts.
No. I think its fair and fact what you said. I don't think Clint won many friends in the SEC ranting about the dominance of Bama and LSU like a lawyer in a courtroom. I still think Clint will be great for the network and make us proud as one of our own.

NuttinItUp

Stoerner has been really good his first few days on the job.