Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daniel Gafford is a Hog

Started by OnTheHillHogFan, August 01, 2015, 08:28:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OnTheHillHogFan

According to Eric Bossi on twitter
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Hawg Red

Great news. Locked up (as much as you can) early.

Feels good to get a top in-state guy, honestly.

cubsfan5150

QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

Razorod

WPS! Great get. Hopefully the beginning of several good commitments.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Music City Hog

Nice!  Needed some good news.

hdturner

We needed some good news about basketball team after rough July. Go Hogs!!!

Hollywood_HOGan45

I thought Mike was a horrible recruiter and that we should just drop basketball.

Finally a point in time where Arkansas basketball fans can tell the haters to EAT CRAP and Disappear!

yraciv

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 01, 2015, 09:11:12 pm
I thought Mike was a horrible recruiter and that we should just drop basketball.

Finally a point in time where Arkansas basketball fans can tell the haters to EAT CRAP and Disappear!

I''m not one to harp on his recruiting ability and I'm all about waiting to see how this years class plays out....But the obvious answer on this one is in state kid who grew up a Hog fan. That is why he committed quickly after getting the offer.

azhog10

Quote from: yraciv on August 01, 2015, 09:51:38 pm
I''m not one to harp on his recruiting ability and I'm all about waiting to see how this years class plays out....But the obvious answer on this one is in state kid who grew up a Hog fan. That is why he committed quickly after getting the offer.
That shouldn't devalue how huge his commitment is however.

greasy_corner

Breems

Class of 2017
Power Forward
6'9, 217 lbs.
Ranked 98th in the nation by 247's composite score

Offer list includes Kansas, Florida, Vanderbilt, Virginia, and Virginia Tech among others.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hawg Red

Believe Scout has him at #39.

-Blu

Great News on this commit.  Should end up being a top 50 recruit on most sites.  Nice start to both 2016 and 2017 class. 

The Hogfather

Thepigdoctor

Great get, well done by the staff, congrats to this young man for getting to live out a dream. Let's just hope we've got a bunch more great players from the '16 class he'll be joining. WPS!

yraciv

Quote from: azhog10 on August 01, 2015, 09:55:37 pm
That shouldn't devalue how huge his commitment is however.

Oh no doubt! Just wish there were more in state kids like him.

WarPig88

So far the last two commits we have gotten are top notch players. Hope they can continue to bring in these types of kids.

RazorAg

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 01, 2015, 10:22:50 pm
Believe Scout has him at #39.

Yeah, and that 247 composite score will go up later this month.

farmhawg

Quote from: yraciv on August 01, 2015, 09:51:38 pm
The only thing he ever saw from the program was crap until MA. So don't piss on the commitment Mike got it on his own.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

TomBigBeeHog

Great pick up! Nice to have another Arkansas kid to cheer for. Hoping one day to have an all Arkansas starting five. Us against the world baby! Thanks Gafford for being a Hog.  ;D  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

choppedporkextrasauce

Great news. This kid is just starting to reach his potential.

ricepig

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on August 02, 2015, 10:34:58 am
Great news. This kid is just starting to reach his potential.

Yeah, what little I saw of him during the high school season he is still raw, but athletic.

RazorAg

Quote from: ricepig on August 02, 2015, 11:09:39 am
Yeah, what little I saw of him during the high school season he is still raw, but athletic.

Yeah, and what we all saw before about 1.5 months ago is very different than what he's doing now. We saw a development spike like this with Portis around the same stage.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: RazorAg on August 02, 2015, 11:53:32 am
Yeah, and what we all saw before about 1.5 months ago is very different than what he's doing now. We saw a development spike like this with Portis around the same stage.

Do you see similarities between his game and Portis at this stage? Also, does he score more around the rim or does he like to face up as well?
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Danny J

Great....now to start filling the 2016 class.

-Blu

Quote from: RazorAg on August 02, 2015, 11:53:32 am

I seen Gafford play at the warm-up a few months ago.  He didn't really have a great performance then.  But, he was noticeable, because he was playing with 16U looking like a college player physically.  I actually didn't know who he was then, I remember asking Dudley about him.  And kinda kept an eye out for him after that, very good to see him progress and be a top player in his class.  He actually reminds me a lot of Ted Kapita.  Imagine our starting front court with those 2.  ;D

RazorAg

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on August 02, 2015, 12:25:11 pm
Do you see similarities between his game and Portis at this stage? Also, does he score more around the rim or does he like to face up as well?

No, they're pretty different skill-wise. Portis started out more skilled facing up and developed his back to basket game to what it is now. Gafford isn't as skilled in total as Bobby was at the same stage; but he's more aggressive around the rim, stronger, a better rebounder and a better shot blocker. So, they're development paths will be different. But, they both play really hard and can run the court.

ricepig

Quote from: RazorAg on August 02, 2015, 03:30:18 pm
No, they're pretty different skill-wise. Portis started out more skilled facing up and developed his back to basket game to what it is now. Gafford isn't as skilled in total as Bobby was at the same stage; but he's more aggressive around the rim, stronger, a better rebounder and a better shot blocker. So, they're development paths will be different. But, they both play really hard and can run the court.

He definitely can run the court, more of a Kingsley than a Portis to me.

RazorAg

Quote from: -Blu on August 02, 2015, 01:45:12 pm
I seen Gafford play at the warm-up a few months ago.  He didn't really have a great performance then.  But, he was noticeable, because he was playing with 16U looking like a college player physically.  I actually didn't know who he was then, I remember asking Dudley about him.  And kinda kept an eye out for him after that, very good to see him progress and be a top player in his class.  He actually reminds me a lot of Ted Kapita.  Imagine our starting front court with those 2.  ;D

His confidence was lower at that event. Something clicked a few months ago.

Hogimus Prime

If the Hogs can get Kapita in school then get Curry and Smith with Gafford the frontcourt will be scary

navyhog24

Just think if we got Vanover in the same class

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: navyhog24 on August 02, 2015, 07:38:54 pm
Just think if we got Vanover in the same class

Think he is 2018 but I agree, he would be a great get.

spahoopsfan

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on August 02, 2015, 10:17:03 pm
Think he is 2018 but I agree, he would be a great get.
Vanover and Ethan Henderson are in the same class.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: spahoopsfan on August 04, 2015, 02:14:45 pm
Vanover and Ethan Henderson are in the same class.

Ok, great news. Hopefully we get both.

TomBigBeeHog

Gafford had a crazy stat line in the championship game at the Rumble on the Ridge. He had 36 pts, 14 rebounds, 3 blocks, 2 steals and 2 assists. Hogs getting a really good one here.

opineonswine

Rawker

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on December 03, 2015, 01:03:04 pm
Gafford had a crazy stat line in the championship game at the Rumble on the Ridge. He had 36 pts, 14 rebounds, 3 blocks, 2 steals and 2 assists. Hogs getting a really good one here.

Contrary to what people think, Mike will actually get some of the No 1 players in the state.  Has had Portis, he'll have Gafford.  Yes, Monk is a top in the nation whereas those guys might not be (have been), but there is always the next guy, and the Hogs will get many of them. I saw Macon in HS and if he would have been able to go directly to D1, he would have been the best prospect in the state that year and would have been a Hog, but no one said much about that.  He's a Hog now.  So, with the JUCOs coming in, including Macon, Gafford coming, Whitt still on the team and probably Beard....I personally think it's going to be sweet.  This year will be tough....just bad luck, IMO....I know it's not worth saying, but if Qualls is still on this team, they're undefeated right now and contending for 2nd/3rd best in the conference.  Oh Qualls....how we could have used ye.

-Blu

Quote from: Rawker on December 03, 2015, 11:20:44 pm
I saw Macon in HS and if he would have been able to go directly to D1, he would have been the best prospect in the state that year and would have been a Hog, but no one said much about that.  He's a Hog now. 

Macon definitely flies under the radar as a top recruit from Arkansas.  I remember the first time I heard about him, it was on another board, a guy was always talking about him saying he was the best prospect in the state and was better than Beard and Allen.  At the time, I just thought the guy was bragging on one of his friend's kid or something like that, but I later read RD and Dudley report on him, and started paying attention and followed his progress in JUCO, and it's clear had he been eligible after high school, he would have been a guy a lot of schools went after.

Jonteviosk

Can we plz get some updated stats for all 3 of our JUCOs coming in60% of next years starting 5. next year?
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

The_Iceman

yraciv

The Hogfather

Quote from: yraciv on February 17, 2016, 09:41:33 am
Google is kind, but since I'm in a giving mood.

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2014-15/div1/players/darylmaconns40
http://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2014-15/div1/players/jaylenbarfordwpvg
http://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2014-15/div1/players/arlandocookbs58

Ouch.  Looks like Macon hit a 3-point shooting wall.  Last 6 games he's 7-33 (21%).  Quite a difference from his 1st 6 games, where he went 20-34 (59%), including an 8-10 performance in 20 minutes in their 1st game of the season.

klp1

Quote from: The Hogfather on February 17, 2016, 10:16:20 am
Ouch.  Looks like Macon hit a 3-point shooting wall.  Last 6 games he's 7-33 (21%).  Quite a difference from his 1st 6 games, where he went 20-34 (59%), including an 8-10 performance in 20 minutes in their 1st game of the season.

Link is to the stats from the prior year, not the current season.

The Hogfather

Quote from: klp1 on February 17, 2016, 10:29:01 am
Link is to the stats from the prior year, not the current season.

Oh!  I just assumed they were updated stats on our recruits, since that's what the guy asked for.

jseinfeld50

Quote from: -Blu on December 04, 2015, 12:32:29 am
Macon definitely flies under the radar as a top recruit from Arkansas.  I remember the first time I heard about him, it was on another board, a guy was always talking about him saying he was the best prospect in the state and was better than Beard and Allen.  At the time, I just thought the guy was bragging on one of his friend's kid or something like that, but I later read RD and Dudley report on him, and started paying attention and followed his progress in JUCO, and it's clear had he been eligible after high school, he would have been a guy a lot of schools went after.

He was known as one of the best and arguably the best in the state as a scorer and shooter by many people who saw multiple Parkview games but being only 6' then and eligibility issues kept his name out of the limelight.

klp1

The_Iceman