Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacorey Williams Practing with Team

Started by Stlrazorback777, July 23, 2015, 11:25:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Stlrazorback777

Jacorey worked out with the team today via his snapchat story.

michaels

Stlrazorback777

Quote from: michaels on July 23, 2015, 11:29:48 pm
Whats his snap?
Any other good snaps?
His snap is J_williams22.  It's just Jacorey doing Jacorey things lol

Hogimus Prime

Stlrazorback777

sooiepig_12

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on July 24, 2015, 12:19:28 am
This has to be fake
No it's real couldn't believe it when I saw it.  He may or may not be participating in team practices but he was definitely in the locker room with other teammates tonight.

moses_007

I don't believe a word of this.  All three players were suspended indefinitely.  That means, until the law runs its course, and the administration decides if it will let the players back into the program or not.  That isn't done in a couple of days.

Porkem

July 24, 2015, 03:21:12 am #7 Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:33:02 am by Porkem
Quote from: Stlrazorback777 on July 23, 2015, 11:25:52 pm
Jacorey worked out with the team today via his snapchat story.

Stlrazorback777 speaks the truth. They all bonded out yesterday. Checked the Washington County Jail's website. Their arraignment is Friday morning at 7:45 AM. At first, they all three were held without bail, but as you can see, they were all released. Jacorey was hoopin' it up pretty good too.

"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

mizzouman

Wow, if true, the coaches better get back from Vegas and handle this personally.  What good is it to suspend players and they get to use the facils or be with the team?  Doesn't look good.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: mizzouman on July 24, 2015, 07:31:36 am
Wow, if true, the coaches better get back from Vegas and handle this personally.  What good is it to suspend players and they get to use the facils or be with the team?  Doesn't look good.

I see nothing wrong with them playing pick up games.  Just all depends on what they said to the team admitting their wrong and asking for their forgiveness.

What they did is wrong but how they respond to what they did is so, so important to what judgement we should put on them.   To me the penalty is dependent on if they are cooperating with the police and saying the right things.   

azhog10

Apparently many hear already now how guilty these three are.

-Blu

Quote from: azhog10 on July 24, 2015, 09:01:54 am

LOL that's what I was thinking.  I like how we got an expert law team and expert coaching staff on Hogville, some of these guys need to be getting a check for providing all this information. 

Relax and let the situation play out, we don't even know the whole story yet, from the way it's looking apparently wasn't as serious as all of us originally thought.

mizzouman

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on July 24, 2015, 08:21:30 am
I see nothing wrong with them playing pick up games.  Just all depends on what they said to the team admitting their wrong and asking for their forgiveness.

What they did is wrong but how they respond to what they did is so, so important to what judgement we should put on them.   To me the penalty is dependent on if they are cooperating with the police and saying the right things.   
They are SUSPENDED.  That means, in most cases, they are not part of the team for the time being, they cannot use the facilities or have any interaction basketball wise with the players.  Otherwise, what good is a suspension?

azhog10

Quote from: -Blu on July 24, 2015, 09:56:27 am
LOL that's what I was thinking.  I like how we got an expert law team and expert coaching staff on Hogville, some of these guys need to be getting a check for providing all this information. 

Relax and let the situation play out, we don't even know the whole story yet, from the way it's looking apparently wasn't as serious as all of us originally thought.
Fortunately or unfortunately, if the kids are sticking to their story (true or untrue) the law will have a tough time winning in court. If the kids can say, and the defense can't prove it one way or the other, and they got that money uknowingly then it's at best a misdemeanor just like a DUI or something of that affect. Obviously it looks shady asking for change, BUT, if Anton has a good reason as to why he was asking for that change and can prove where he got the original counterfit at, then it's more of a matter of not inspecting bills when he got them. I may be alone, but when someone gives me cash or change, I don't inspect them to see if they are fake. Others may, but I do not.

Best to let the investigation pan out before we jump to any conclusions.

azhog10

Quote from: mizzouman on July 24, 2015, 10:01:36 am
They are SUSPENDED.  That means, in most cases, they are not part of the team for the time being, they cannot use the facilities or have any interaction basketball wise with the players.  Otherwise, what good is a suspension?
I would also be curious as to where Jacorey was playing ball at. I agree if he is STILL suspended, and I imagine he is. That he will be getting a phone call along with the rest of the team to explain to him what exactly is SUSPENDED. With Mike and staff being in Vegas, there isn't anyone around the facilities to express to Jacorey the image of showing up while suspended. I would bet that he got a nice friendly reminder if and when CMA found out that he was in the locker room or playing with the guys.

mizzouman

Quote from: azhog10 on July 24, 2015, 10:02:27 am
Fortunately or unfortunately, if the kids are sticking to their story (true or untrue) the law will have a tough time winning in court. If the kids can say, and the defense can't prove it one way or the other, and they got that money uknowingly then it's at best a misdemeanor just like a DUI or something of that affect. Obviously it looks shady asking for change, BUT, if Anton has a good reason as to why he was asking for that change and can prove where he got the original counterfit at, then it's more of a matter of not inspecting bills when he got them. I may be alone, but when someone gives me cash or change, I don't inspect them to see if they are fake. Others may, but I do not.

Best to let the investigation pan out before we jump to any conclusions.
The problem is that it was an investigation which implies that they have been following these guys for sometime.  If it was a one time deal and they were caught in the act, then that's one thing.  But, since this was an ongoing investigation from what I've read, they waiting until these guys done it several times before making an arrest, especially with Beard. 

mizzouman

Quote from: azhog10 on July 24, 2015, 10:04:39 am
I would also be curious as to where Jacorey was playing ball at. I agree if he is STILL suspended, and I imagine he is. That he will be getting a phone call along with the rest of the team to explain to him what exactly is SUSPENDED. With Mike and staff being in Vegas, there isn't anyone around the facilities to express to Jacorey the image of showing up while suspended. I would bet that he got a nice friendly reminder if and when CMA found out that he was in the locker room or playing with the guys.
Then the AD needs to step in.

azhog10

Quote from: mizzouman on July 24, 2015, 10:09:01 am
The problem is that it was an investigation which implies that they have been following these guys for sometime.  If it was a one time deal and they were caught in the act, then that's one thing.  But, since this was an ongoing investigation from what I've read, they waiting until these guys done it several times before making an arrest, especially with Beard.
Here is where you are wrong. It has been stated that they have been following a "rash" of counterfit money in the state. The store(s), called authorities after they realized the money they were given was counterfit and then went to the tapes and realized who it was. The investigation wasn't solely about these three.

ricepig

Quote from: azhog10 on July 24, 2015, 10:14:49 am
Here is where you are wrong. It has been stated that they have been following a "rash" of counterfit money in the state. The store(s), called authorities after they realized the money they were given was counterfit and then went to the tapes and realized who it was. The investigation wasn't solely about these three.

Just a typical misinformed mizzou fan, telling us all they know.

jry04

Not sure if some of you guys realize that the coaching staff is in Las Vegas right now. There are restrictions on what college basketball teams can do in the summer. They aren't doing a team practice. Any practice that went on last night was a player organized pick-up game. If it was at the basketball facility, then yes I am sure the coach can say you cannot come in here. However, if they were playing at the HPER the coaches cannot really do anything about it. I would rather Jacorey be playing pickup games in his free time with the team than spending counterfeit money, anyways.

mizzouman

Quote from: azhog10 on July 24, 2015, 10:14:49 am
Never said the investigation was solely on these guys.  What I am saying is that these guys were being investigated.  Could there have been others?  Sure and mostly likely so.  This doesn't imply that they were the only ones.  Investigation implies something that has been on going. 

mizzouman

Quote from: ricepig on July 24, 2015, 10:19:46 am
Just a typical misinformed mizzou fan, telling us all they know.
How so?

PonderinHog

Quote from: mizzouman on July 24, 2015, 10:49:36 am
Never said the investigation was solely on these guys.  What I am saying is that these guys were being investigated.  Could there have been others?  Sure and mostly likely so.  This doesn't imply that they were the only ones.  Investigation implies something that has been on going.
Where have you read that the investigation of the three BB players has been ongoing? 

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Worst part was he was betting $20 on each pick up game

moses_007

If Mike is allowing these three suspended players to practice with the team, he's making a serious mistake.  Setting a very dangerous precedent.

CBB would have no part of this kind of thing.

Hogberry Snortcake

Unofficial player organized games.  NSTR.

jry04

Quote from: moses_007 on July 24, 2015, 01:21:56 pm
If Mike is allowing these three suspended players to practice with the team, he's making a serious mistake.  Setting a very dangerous precedent.

CBB would have no part of this kind of thing.
The team isn't practicing. The title of this thread is extremely misleading.

Mike, and the rest of the staff, is in Las Vegas. The team is not holding practices. The team cannot officially scrimmage under the watch of the coaches during the summer, so even if Mike was home it wouldn't be the case. They can hold individual weight and conditioning sessions, with very little time dedicated towards skill related drills. If anything, it was a pick-up game that the team organized. The only issue there could be here, is if it was held at one of the U of A facilities. In that case, Mike should ban them until this issue is resolved. If the team was playing at the HPER, there isn't much he can do.

moses_007

Mike should always have one staff member here to watch over things.

Stlrazorback777

Quote from: moses_007 on July 24, 2015, 01:39:11 pm
I'm sure the strength and conditioning staff is here with the team for their "unofficial workouts".  I apologize - Not practice..just team workouts.

moses_007

Quote from: Stlrazorback777 on July 24, 2015, 01:52:02 pm
I'm sure the strength and conditioning staff is here with the team for their "unofficial workouts".  I apologize - Not practice..just team workouts.
Regardless, they have no business in Bud Walton Arena, or in the new Practice Facility, while they are under indefinite suspension.

TexHog188

"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Kevin

The director of basketball ops is on campus.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

mizzouman

HotlantaHog

Organized practices haven't started yet, right? They don't start until... what October?

So he participated in a pickup game with no Arkansas coaches present? That is what happened, I take it ....

rzrbackramsfan

The guy that threw his shoe on the court in an ncaa tournament game used the facilities while being suspended... I'm shocked.

sickboy

Good gracious... some of you guys act like you have a front row seat to what's going on behind closed doors.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: sickboy on July 24, 2015, 04:40:33 pm
Good gracious... some of you guys act like you have a front row seat to what's going on behind closed doors.
Isn't it amazing?

Quote from: moses_007 on July 24, 2015, 01:39:11 pm
Quote from: TexHog188 on July 24, 2015, 02:05:45 pm
Where is the AD?
Quote from: mizzouman on July 24, 2015, 03:41:05 pm
This is what I've been asking.

Sounds like these three are ready to take the place of the chancellor and BOT at the university. I can see the story now.

Meeting in special session Chancellor moses agreed to act promptly to remove ex Hog basketball player Jacorey Williams from all campus facilities upon recommendation from Board of Trustee's members TexHog188 and mizzouman.

Waldron_Hog

Were they in the HPER like normal for pick up games?  If so, yall need to calm down. Dang

jackflash

Lets wait to see what Mike has to say about this before we jump off a Cliff.

moses_007

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 24, 2015, 04:53:40 pm

Meeting in special session Chancellor moses agreed to act promptly to remove ex Hog basketball player Jacorey Williams from all campus facilities upon recommendation from Board of Trustee's members TexHog188 and mizzouman.

Thanks for the promotion, Mike.  I'm now making the big bucks. 

Oklahawg

Quote from: moses_007 on July 24, 2015, 06:35:32 pm
Thanks for the promotion, Mike.  I'm now making the big bucks. 

You can also recommend for immediate dismissal Jeff Long, the professor who gave you a "D" in Freshman Comp and the stadium usher who told you to not use so much profanity at games. :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Stlrazorback777

Quote from: Waldron_Hog on July 24, 2015, 04:56:08 pm
Were they in the HPER like normal for pick up games?  If so, yall need to calm down. Dang
He was in the locker room with the other players.

WarPig88

So you know whether or not they have spoke with the coaching staff? Of all 3, Williams is the most likely to not have known. We don't know where all this stands of yet.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Porkem on July 24, 2015, 03:21:12 am
Stlrazorback777 speaks the truth. They all bonded out yesterday. Checked the Washington County Jail's website. Their arraignment is Friday morning at 7:45 AM. At first, they all three were held without bail, but as you can see, they were all released. Jacorey was hoopin' it up pretty good too.

If porkem says it you can take it to the bank, boys.

cityhog

Quote from: azhog10 on July 24, 2015, 09:01:54 am

So much fail in this sentence.

moses_007

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 24, 2015, 06:49:02 pm
You can also recommend for immediate dismissal Jeff Long, the professor who gave you a "D" in Freshman Comp and the stadium usher who told you to not use so much profanity at games. :)
That stadium usher is definitely gone, but I think I'll keep Jeff.  He's only made one huge blunder, and that was the hiring of John L. Smith for that one football season.

JIHawg

Quote from: mizzouman on July 24, 2015, 07:31:36 am

Your concern for our team is touching.

azhog10

Quote from: cityhog on July 24, 2015, 08:31:59 pm
So much fail in this sentence.
Wow that is bad. I was on a computer so no phone excuse either.

greasy_corner

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on July 24, 2015, 04:39:07 pm
The guy that threw his shoe on the court in an ncaa tournament game used the facilities while being suspended... I'm shocked.

wow

-Blu

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on July 24, 2015, 04:39:07 pm

This is so wrong, but hilarious.