Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update on Manvel duo from ESPN

Started by JackJohnson, July 14, 2015, 02:19:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JackJohnson

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/insider/post?id=103575

"Manvel duo close to deciding

Two of Anderson's coveted Manvel teammates are nearing decisions. Four-star running back D'Vaughn Pennamon and three-star linebacker Jordan Carmouche believe they are almost ready to make commitments before the season begins, and both could be SEC-bound.

Ole Miss, Arkansas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma State are still in contention for Pennamon, and the Rebels appears to have the edge at this point. "Their coaching staff reminds me of my coaching staff," Pennamon said of Ole Miss. "It's really a home feeling." Carmouche admitted Arkansas is in the lead for his pledge. He's planing to visit Texas on Saturday and is still talking to Oklahoma and Missouri."

Wildhog

Getting Carmouche would be awesome.

Missing on Pennamon would suck.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Ā 

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: Wildhog on July 14, 2015, 02:23:07 pm

Yeah, but if we keep building this defense the offense will keep on growing...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

JackJohnson

Why would Pennamon want to be the 3rd 4* RB for OM's 2016 recruiting class...WHEN THEY DON'T EVEN RUN THE BALL WITH THEIR RUNNING BACKS

Wildhog

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 14, 2015, 02:27:02 pm
Why would Pennamon want to be the 3rd 4* RB for OM's 2016 recruiting class...WHEN THEY DON'T EVEN RUN THE BALL WITH THEIR RUNNING BACKS

Yeah, I don't get it. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

sickboy

ADavisTheGOAT

Even if Pennamon commits to Old P!$$, that would make it more likely for us to get Devin White.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Wildhog

Quote from: Hogfan991 on July 14, 2015, 02:39:04 pm
Even if Pennamon commits to Old P!$$, that would make it more likely for us to get Devin White.

That's like saying the more you play the lottery the better your chances get.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Paul

bell2629

Quote from: Wildhog on July 14, 2015, 02:28:09 pm
Yeah, I don't get it.

$eriou$ly, it $orta $eem$ like a non$en$ical deci$ion.
Praise the Lard!

Wildhog

Quote from: bell2629 on July 14, 2015, 02:57:55 pm

I mean, I know they cheat.  But one would think these kids actually care (at least a LITTLE) about getting to the NFL. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on July 14, 2015, 02:39:47 pm

I like your thinking, as soon as this storm is through the area, I'm going to go purchase a ticket so we can get a RB.

WriterWrong

Quote from: Wildhog on July 14, 2015, 02:39:47 pm

Every time a running back commits to another school, there's one less spot for a RB at competing schools. Therefore, other RB's must commit to Arkansas. Sounds good to me.

Ā 

Wildhog

Quote from: WriterWrong on July 14, 2015, 03:20:50 pm
Every time a running back commits to another school, there's one less spot for a RB at competing schools. Therefore, other RB's must commit to Arkansas. Sounds good to me.

Or teams just take another RB, like what Ole Miss seems to be doing.
1909/1964/1965/1977

arkansasrazorback

Bielema could just put on the tape of our offense and their offense and say here is how you will be used here and here is how you won't be used at Ole Miss.  Their run game has been awful

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on July 14, 2015, 03:22:10 pm
Or teams just take another RB, like what Ole Miss seems to be doing.

Well, it seemed against us last year they didn't have one, or QB.

Seebs

I don't want my college coaches to remind me of my High School coaches.  I'd like for them to be better.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on July 14, 2015, 03:23:38 pm

Which is why I can't figure out how they're loading up on all these studs.

You know, aside from the whole cheating thing.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on July 14, 2015, 04:07:06 pm
Which is why I can't figure out how they're loading up on all these studs.

You know, aside from the whole cheating thing.

Well, I'm not sold on their RB commit, and we know how they got their QB, who now is going to IMG to play.

redeye

Nice catch!  Carmouche would be a huge get and we really need LB's.

Also of note from that page is that ESPN 300 WR Audie Omotosho included us in his top-10 and plans to take a visit.  Richard probably mentioned that, but I don't recall reading it.  Btw, Heinrich sent him a "Woo Pig!" on twitter.

Plus, it's Ole Miss.

Maybe switching mascots has given them a big boost.  I didn't realize black bears were so popular with young players.  I guess RWIII doesn't like black bears, since we flipped him from Ole Miss.

litmachog

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on July 14, 2015, 03:23:06 pm
Bielema could just put on the tape of our offense and their offense and say here is how you will be used here and here is how you won't be used at Ole Miss.  Their run game has been awful

Better yet, how about showing film of our defense against their offense last year?  I can't remember, how many points did Ole Miss score?

zane

Quote from: Seebs on July 14, 2015, 03:52:52 pm
I don't want my college coaches to remind me of my High School coaches.  I'd like for them to be better.
Quote from: ricepig on July 14, 2015, 03:23:38 pm
Quote from: bell2629 on July 14, 2015, 02:57:55 pm

All of this
RIP LSUfan

KevinOMReb

Quote from: Wildhog on July 14, 2015, 03:03:09 pm
I mean, I know they cheat.  But one would think these kids actually care (at least a LITTLE) about getting to the NFL. 

Now come on.  NFL?  The 2016 first round could have as many as 4-5 Rebels in it.  (Treadwell, RN, Tunsil, Connor and possibly Ingram). 
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

ldfergu

Quote from: KevinOMReb on July 21, 2015, 04:57:24 pm
Now come on.  NFL?  The 2016 first round could have as many as 4-5 Rebels in it.  (Treadwell, RN, Tunsil, Connor and possibly Ingram).

Yet not a single RB on that list

Ā 

Scott7703

July 21, 2015, 05:05:33 pm #24 Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:28:05 pm by Scott7703

All those guys arent getting drafted in first round. Arkansas could have as many 1st round picks as OM.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Counting the chickens before they are hatched.

Music City Hog

And nothing at Ole Miss to show for it. 

aloha_kid

Four running backs and 2 offensive linemen.  Can't run the ball if nobody is blocking.  Have fun with that offensive philosophy.

BirdDawg

Don't let reality get in the way of good message board nonsense. Love or hate Ole Miss but they do have 2 first round picks on that team with the potential for 2-3 more high round picks. Arkansas hasn't has a first round pick since Dmac and Felix. Ole miss is appealing to recruits no matter what the reason. They have recruited lights out since Freeze got there.

Scott7703

Quote from: BirdDawg on July 21, 2015, 09:39:28 pm
Don't let reality get in the way of good message board nonsense. Love or hate Ole Miss but they do have 2 first round picks on that team with the potential for 2-3 more high round picks. Arkansas hasn't has a first round pick since Dmac and Felix. Ole miss is appealing to recruits no matter what the reason. They have recruited lights out since Freeze got there.

Denver Kirkland has as good a chance as anyone on the ole miss roster to be chosen in the first round.

Scott7703

Rumor has it Carmouche has named Arkansas his leader. It appears we will have no problem signing quality linebackers this year.

BirdDawg

Quote from: Scott7703 on July 21, 2015, 09:40:48 pm
Denver Kirkland has as good a chance as anyone on the ole miss roster to be chosen in the first round.

He does have the best chance of the Hogs to be a first rounder. The odds are he is a 2-3 rounder. 1st round is sexy and when you have one or more you have something to sell even if it is a fluke

ChicoHog

Quote from: Scott7703 on July 21, 2015, 09:40:48 pm
As much as I would like to agree with you I don't see any way Tunsil or Nkemdiche are not first rounders.  Possibly Treadwell also if he is 100% healed from that injury.  I hope Mississppi loses all those guys so they will not be very good in 2016.  Better yet, I hope they get put on probation and Freeze gets blamed!

onebadrubi

Quote from: BirdDawg on July 21, 2015, 09:56:00 pm
He does have the best chance of the Hogs to be a first rounder. The odds are he is a 2-3 rounder. 1st round is sexy and when you have one or more you have something to sell even if it is a fluke

If Kirkland shows he can play tackle at an all sec level this year, his first year, he will lock in being a top 50 pick if not higher.  Remember, Bielema's lineman perform in the NFL, the NFL knows this as well.

NLRHog92

Quote from: ChicoHog on July 21, 2015, 10:50:20 pm
As much as I would like to agree with you I don't see any way Tunsil or Nkemdiche are not first rounders.  Possibly Treadwell also if he is 100% healed from that injury.  I hope Mississppi loses all those guys so they will not be very good in 2016.  Better yet, I hope they get put on probation and Freeze gets blamed!

Nkemdiche is vastly overrated.

duckman

Quote from: Wildhog on July 14, 2015, 03:03:09 pm

But maybe, just maybe some lack the character to be considered uncommon.  Just a hypothetical.....

duckman

30 - 0, enjoy the draft...

HogWall Jackson

KevinOMReb

Quote from: duckman on July 21, 2015, 11:44:36 pm
30 - 0, enjoy the draft...

Indeed, we sucked that day, no doubt.  But one game doesn't make a season.
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

Hey Super

Quote from: KevinOMReb on July 22, 2015, 09:19:27 am

Very true, 42 - 3 was a nice way to cap it off though.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: KevinOMReb on July 22, 2015, 09:19:27 am
Just curious as to whether or not you enjoy fish trolling as much as you like internet trolling 'cause you do the latter so well.  ???

KevinOMReb

Vantage, I follow the Hogs closely as both of my children just graduated there on May 8th.  My daughter from the Mann School of Nursing and my son from the Fay Jones School of Architecture (he's now working at Populous in KC designing stadiums!).  So even though I'm an Ole Miss fan and alum, I've witnessed many Razorback games over the past 5 years and have given to the university (in tuition)far more than most on this board.  So I'd say trolling would be a bit of a stretch.

BTW, I think NWA is a beautiful place to live and I don't understand why it's a bit difficult to recruit there.  My daughter (who is still a big OM fan as well) loves it so much she has accepted a position at Washington Regional and I'll be up there Thursday moving her into her new place. 
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

sickboy

Quote from: KevinOMReb on July 22, 2015, 09:29:19 am
Vantage, I follow the Hogs closely as both of my children just graduated there on May 8th.  My daughter from the Mann School of Nursing and my son from the Fay Jones School of Architecture (he's now working at Populous in KC designing stadiums!).  So even though I'm an Ole Miss fan and alum, I've witnessed many Razorback games over the past 5 years and have given to the university (in tuition)far more than most on this board.  So I'd say trolling would be a bit of a stretch.

BTW, I think NWA is a beautiful place to live and I don't understand why it's a bit difficult to recruit there.  My daughter (who is still a big OM fan as well) loves it so much she has accepted a position at Washington Regional and I'll be up there Thursday moving her into her new place. 

Yeah, but where are you coming from? Meaning how do you get to Ftown? It's not the easiest place to get to. And you're fortunate you can afford it... A lot of these kids being recruited have parents in financial situations that limit travel options.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Royal Fortune on July 22, 2015, 09:22:32 am
Very true, 42 - 3 was a nice way to cap it off though.
Indeed I was embarassed, and I couldn't care any less about Ole miss!

WorfHog

Quote from: Scott7703 on July 21, 2015, 09:42:02 pm
Rumor has it Carmouche has named Arkansas his leader. It appears we will have no problem signing quality linebackers this year.

But we lost Randy Shannon, the best linebacker recruiter on Earth, how is this possible?

ChicoHog

Quote from: KevinOMReb on July 22, 2015, 09:29:19 am

Good to hear some intelligent talk from a Mississippi fan.  My sister was a nursing professor at the U of A for close to 40 years.  She just retired about 2 years ago. Your daughter may have even taken a class from her, Dr. Marianne Neighbors.  Anyway we love to rub it in that we beat you 30-0 but that has nothing to do with the fact that the Rebels may have a few first rounders in next years draft.  Completely independent of one another.