Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crockett commits to Boise State

Started by WildRazorback, July 13, 2015, 07:54:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on July 14, 2015, 09:32:10 am
Probably going to get all three.... ;)

I HEAR THEY'RE ALL SILENTLY COMMITTED TO US!!!!

SHHHH...
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

JaketheSnake

I still have to think that he would be an option for us.  Lots of kids say their recruitment is over, but when the home state school comes calling it is hard to say no.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on July 14, 2015, 09:32:44 am
I HEAR THEY'RE ALL SILENTLY COMMITTED TO US!!!!

SHHHH...

We obviously have others we feel good about, and he wasn't wanting, or willing to wait. I probably would have picked Tempe over Boise, but I guess girls in the sun ain't everything.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on July 14, 2015, 09:41:37 am
We obviously have others we feel good about, and he wasn't wanting, or willing to wait. I probably would have picked Tempe over Boise, but I guess girls in the sun ain't everything.

I think I would have gone to Vandy.  Nashville's fun, it's the SEC, closer to home, and you get a world-class education.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Paul

Quote from: tusksincolorado on July 14, 2015, 09:07:04 am
Boise is a beautiful city.....

The young man will hopefully do well.
very true...but the blue turf???

Hoggish1

Quote from: navyhog24 on July 14, 2015, 08:26:43 am
I'm sure the coaching staff has been honest with him in telling him that they have a few backs rated higher, and if they don't get those kids then will probably offer. They would not offer an instate kid a non-committable offer. I'd rather them be honest and not offer than lead the kid on with a non-committable offer.

Exactly.  For a change, we have a head coach and a staff that shoots straight with kids about where they are with our program.  Isn't it refreshing?

I read in his tweet that he is hurt by not being offered.  His feelings are understandable.  Boise is a fine program, and a good school; a place where he will be able to make a name for himself in an interesting conference.

Wmhog

Quote from: Wildhog on July 14, 2015, 09:08:14 am
We seem to be putting all our eggs in two or three baskets.  Hopefully it pays off.  Only time will tell.

White and Whaley will probably announce close to NSD.  I just don't want to be scrambling at the end of the cycle if we miss on those two.  It's a numbers game.

Good Points also

Wmhog

Quote from: ricepig on July 14, 2015, 09:41:37 am

Girls in the sun aren't everything??????????

SemperFi

I wish him well. There are far worst places to be than Boise St....like Auburn, Tuscaloosa, Oxford, Baton Rouge, Starkville, College Station and Austin freakin' texass.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Pork Twain

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 14, 2015, 08:45:52 am
All that doesn't really matter the result is the same.  We can't use a 4* homegrown product and that scares me.  A lot of people talk the good talk about winning the right way, well for me winning the right way would include a kid like this if it were possible at all.  That's just me and I understand.  Offer and let the kid decide if he want to take the chance on playing time or getting shuffled around to another position.  That is easier for fans to understand and accept.
Houston, is that you?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

duckman

Prime example of why recruiting services are useless IMO.  In this thread someone said Crockett is a 4*, if so where are the 4*offers?  The only SEC offer I saw was Vandy, so where is the justification for a 4* rating.  This is the prime reason I look at the offer list and video.  I am not saying he isn't a good or possibly great player, but we have elevated our recruiting.  We are competing with the likes of Bama, LSU etc. now.  I think it is a positive sign that we didn't offer (we still may) but we are beginning to take this program to a different level.  That excites the hell outta me!  If I were Crockett I would have taken the Boise offer too.  He will do well there, best of luck to the young man! 

ZERO

Quote from: SemperFi on July 14, 2015, 10:26:57 am
I wish him well. There are far worst places to be than Boise St....like Auburn, Tuscaloosa, Oxford, Baton Rouge, Starkville, College Station and Austin freakin' texass.

Hatred of the Longhorns aside, Austin is a legendarily good city for a college kid to live in.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

ricepig

Quote from: Wmhog on July 14, 2015, 10:23:13 am

Girls in the sun aren't everything??????????

Of course they are, I guess the ones in Boise will be in the sun, just covered up.

Chief Mac

Quote from: duckman on July 14, 2015, 10:31:43 am
Prime example of why recruiting services are useless IMO.  In this thread someone said Crockett is a 4*, if so where are the 4*offers?  The only SEC offer I saw was Vandy, so where is the justification for a 4* rating.  This is the prime reason I look at the offer list and video.  I am not saying he isn't a good or possibly great player, but we have elevated our recruiting.  We are competing with the likes of Bama, LSU etc. now.  I think it is a positive sign that we didn't offer (we still may) but we are beginning to take this program to a different level.  That excites the hell outta me!  If I were Crockett I would have taken the Boise offer too.  He will do well there, best of luck to the young man! 

very good points duck!  It appears the days of offering recruits instate just because of some stars rather than fit, are over.  Margin of error is too slim for the Arkansas program to go after low hanging fruit that isn't better than other options
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

KlubhouseKonnected

I was wondering when someone was going to point out the duality of opinion on recruit rankings. We have a hundred threads filled with posts about how the recruiting rankings are not reliable and our staff makes their own evaluations (which are usually presumed to be superior) but when it's one of our own that the recruiting service rankings benefit we all suddenly have to deal with the seeds of doubt about our coaching staffs evaluations.

I'll admit that I am a little nervous about the idea of not offering a four star in state guy when we have a need at his position but I have to assume that the staff have an articulable reason for their recruiting campaign. I just hope it's not based on "let's gamble on these other guys and bet that if we miss on them we'll still probably be able to come back late and steal this guy because we are the in-state school."
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

duckman

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 14, 2015, 12:12:29 pm
I was wondering when someone was going to point out the duality of opinion on recruit rankings. We have a hundred threads filled with posts about how the recruiting rankings are not reliable and our staff makes their own evaluations (which are usually presumed to be superior) but when it's one of our own that the recruiting service rankings benefit we all suddenly have to deal with the seeds of doubt about our coaching staffs evaluations.

I'll admit that I am a little nervous about the idea of not offering a four star in state guy when we have a need at his position but I have to assume that the staff have an articulable reason for their recruiting campaign. I just hope it's not based on "let's gamble on these other guys and bet that if we miss on them we'll still probably be able to come back late and steal this guy because we are the in-state school."

Watch his video closely....

Oklahawg

Quote from: navyhog24 on July 14, 2015, 08:57:13 am
The coaches will never offer an instate kid a non-committable offer. We can't sign a full class of 25, so they are being very selective about who they offer and will take commits from. They have backs rated higher. They are going after them first until all have said yes or no one way or another. If all go elsewhere, then Crockett will get his chance. It will then be in his hands if he wants to be a Razorback, not the coaches, but that's if he gets that offer. Until then, Good Luck to the kid. BSU is a good program. I'm more shockd he didn't choose the Sundevils to be honest.

Good point.

We are used to Nutt who would toss out in-state offers so that he wouldn't have to sweat recruiting the low-hanging fruit found close to home.

UA fans should learn from that - lots of non-D1 players from inside the borders were offered to avoid the chance they land elsewhere. Made recruiting easier - fewer numbers to generate from outside of Arkansas - but if a kid laid an egg as a senior in HS or they needed a slot for a better recruit from elsewhere there were hard feelings about the pulled scholie.

I totally endorse this way of recruiting. Do NOT yank the local kids around. Their coaches will see what is happening and respect it if they are worth a flip.

Plus, when they put on the uniform we cheer for them regardless of where they are from. We are more likely to cheer with greater vigor if they are good. I never heard anyone clap when Chris Baker misfired a route or dropped a pass, "well, at least he is from Arkansas, and as a 4-star recruit didn't go out-of-state."
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hawg Red

Quote from: ZERO on July 14, 2015, 10:33:14 am
Hatred of the Longhorns aside, Austin is a legendarily good city for a college kid to live in.

arkansasrazorback

Beautifully said.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: secneahog on July 13, 2015, 09:02:42 pm
Good luck. Don't care about a dig. 

Same here... I can't say that I wouldn't do the same thing... It's not really a dig. I hope he makes AA...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Pork Twain on July 14, 2015, 10:27:58 am
Houston, is that you?

You choose to insult, I'll let time tell the story.  The difference between us is minor, you hope your right and I hope I'm wrong. LOL!

ArKan5a5 KiD

Well i'm from Camden and I've watched Crockett play in person many of times especially during his time at CF. I am pulling for this kid 110% because I've spoke with him and he's a good kid on and off the field. But with that said seeing him in person at CF in more of a spread offense he did not blow me away. He was a good high school back and he had a pretty good season but he did not blow me away with his speed and such. One of the better backs I've seen come through CF lately was Deion Holliman who went to Missouri St. That kid had speed to burn but I wish Crockett the best and I would have loved to see him in a Hog uniform but he was never offered. Can't blame him for committing elsewhere. Atleast he didn't give us the run around like some in state recruits have.

ChicoHog

Why did he move to Little Rock?  Isn't Camden a pretty good program?  Does the LR school he attends play tougher competition so that's why he moved?  Or did his parents move for a job? 

Good luck to him at Boise.  Awful cold there in the winter time but beautiful in the summer. 

ricepig

Quote from: ChicoHog on July 14, 2015, 08:43:31 pm
Why did he move to Little Rock?  Isn't Camden a pretty good program?  Does the LR school he attends play tougher competition so that's why he moved?  Or did his parents move for a job? 

Good luck to him at Boise.  Awful cold there in the winter time but beautiful in the summer. 

I believe the head coach at Camden left to become an assistant there last year.

BirmingHam

Quote from: ChicoHog on July 14, 2015, 08:43:31 pm

Actually the winters in Boise are about the same as here in NWA, maybe less snow in the town itself.  That area is called the banana belt as winds from the northwest keep it fairly mild.  I was stationed there for 5 years (Mountain Home about 50 miles east); and it only snowed on us 3 times. Mild winters, hot dry summers (high desert).

theFlyingHog

I get wanting the instate kids at Fayetteville but the thought of giving priority to instate kids just because they are instate kids makes me think of Nutt teams. The teams that would shock the nation every now and then with a huge win but couldn't play at that level every week. CBB has this thing headed to national prominence every season. We'll be top 3 in the west every year

JoeyCapital

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 15, 2015, 01:46:39 am
I get wanting the instate kids at Fayetteville but the thought of giving priority to instate kids just because they are instate kids makes me think of Nutt teams. The teams that would shock the nation every now and then with a huge win but couldn't play at that level every week. CBB has this thing headed to national prominence every season. We'll be top 3 in the west every year
This.

I want a coach that will shoot straight with the kids and just go get the best 25 every year.

Crockett may be disappointed, but no bridges have been burned. If CBB had strung him along and ultimately didn't take him how many kids would his HS coach nudge in our direction in the future? Even though he's disappointed everyone involved has to respect the fact that there's no BS.

Having that rep pays dividends for a long time.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Laughing Hog

Quote from: duckman on July 14, 2015, 12:21:47 pm
Watch his video closely....

What is it that you are seeing? (good, bad, or indifferent)
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Vantage 8 dude

No knock on BSU or their staff, however, IF the offer from Vandy was legit I'm somewhat surprised, at least from the level of competition, he isn't going that route. We all know the reputation that a Vanderbilt education has all over the country. And while the 'dores have struggled most years except the few recently under Franklin, no doubt the leagues don't even compare. Perhaps it has more to do with how the ponies play to utilize him.

In any event, I wish the young man well in his future endeavors. I'll always pull for an Arkansas kid who's handled himself with such dignity and class.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: golf2day on July 15, 2015, 07:18:24 am
This.

I want a coach that will shoot straight with the kids and just go get the best 25 every year.

Crockett may be disappointed, but no bridges have been burned. If CBB had strung him along and ultimately didn't take him how many kids would his HS coach nudge in our direction in the future? Even though he's disappointed everyone involved has to respect the fact that there's no BS.

Having that rep pays dividends for a long time.

Very good post!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Wildhog

In a new ESPN article, Whaley says that OU leads for him.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Wildhog on July 15, 2015, 12:06:33 pm
In a new ESPN article, Whaley says that OU leads for him.
lol I don't see why these recruits want to play for Big Game Bob so much  :puke:
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Wildhog

Quote from: Hogfan991 on July 15, 2015, 12:39:04 pm
lol I don't see why these recruits want to play for Big Game Bob so much  :puke:

So... 

OU leads for Whaley
Ole Miss leads for Pennamon
And Bama/Ole Miss lead for White

I know it's a marathon and not a sprint, so hopefully a big 2015 season will be enough to snag one of these guys.
1909/1964/1965/1977

duckman

Quote from: Wildhog on July 15, 2015, 12:42:00 pm
So... 

OU leads for Whaley
Ole Miss leads for Pennamon
And Bama/Ole Miss lead for White

I know it's a marathon and not a sprint, so hopefully a big 2015 season will be enough to snag one of these guys.

Long time til Feb.....

duckman

July 15, 2015, 02:40:07 pm #85 Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:17:29 pm by duckman
Quote from: Laughing Hog on July 15, 2015, 08:08:41 am
What is it that you are seeing? (good, bad, or indifferent)

Will not be critical of him here, not my place to do so.  Will say the competition he is facing lacked IMHO.   

Comes down to this for me, would you offer a 210 lb power back that runs a 4.64 40 yd. when you still have a 6'1" 258 lb 4.49 40 yd. absolute monster back in play?

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Pork Twain on July 14, 2015, 10:27:58 am
Houston, is that you?

Cant be "Da Dale".....he only knows how to text.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Laughing Hog

Quote from: duckman on July 15, 2015, 02:40:07 pm
Will not be critical of him here, not my place to do so.  Will say the competition he is facing lacked IMHO.   

Comes down to this for me, would you offer a 210 lb power back that runs a 4.64 40 yd. when you still have a 6'1" 258 lb 4.49 40 yd. absolute monster back in play?

Kind of figured that but wanted to make sure we were on the same page. I had the same thought and of coarse I would take the speed every time. Speed kills, especially speed that weighs 258 lbs.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Oklahawg

Quote from: Laughing Hog on July 15, 2015, 10:40:52 pm
Kind of figured that but wanted to make sure we were on the same page. I had the same thought and of coarse I would take the speed every time. Speed kills, especially speed that weighs 258 lbs.

Lost in much of the conversation about RBs is the FB we committed from MO. Makes me think that CBB wants to punish some folks.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 15, 2015, 11:16:27 pm
Lost in much of the conversation about RBs is the FB we committed from MO. Makes me think that CBB wants to punish some folks.

Gotta love dishing out some punishment..........

Pork Twain

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 15, 2015, 01:46:39 am
Exactly how I feel.  I want the best player, not just the best Arkansas player
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

ldfergu

Didn't have an Ivy League offer? Maybe Harvard? That's where he should go

ChicoHog

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on July 16, 2015, 12:11:57 pm
Didn't have an Ivy League offer? Maybe Harvard? That's where he should go
It would have to be an academic scholarship.  Ivy league does not give athletic scholarships.

Pig in the Pokey

and i've dm'd devin a few times in the last 3 yrs and he and his gf blaire both love the Hogs. If his leader isn't LSU then it is Arkansas, i don't care what the crystal ball says. that is agenda driven as we all know.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Wildhog on July 14, 2015, 08:53:11 am
I'll give you one thing- letting Crockett go means we'd damn well better get at LEAST one of those three. 

Really. Why? Oh that's right, I forgot you and others on here are such great recruiting experts and know what is best for the coaches and team.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 15, 2015, 09:34:08 am
No knock on BSU or their staff, however, IF the offer from Vandy was legit I'm somewhat surprised, at least from the level of competition, he isn't going that route. We all know the reputation that a Vanderbilt education has all over the country. And while the 'dores have struggled most years except the few recently under Franklin, no doubt the leagues don't even compare. Perhaps it has more to do with how the ponies play to utilize him.

In any event, I wish the young man well in his future endeavors. I'll always pull for an Arkansas kid who's handled himself with such dignity and class.

I know a couple of Vandy grads. Their education is so great they make in the thirties per year. Thousands not millions.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Steef

Pig in the Pokey

back like him... they are solid, don't get me wrong, BUT THIS IS RunningBackU!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

jjdlc

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 14, 2015, 12:12:29 pm

Crockett is only a 4* on rivals, everyone else lists him as a 3*.  He had a good showing at the SPARQ combine, but as we saw last year with the Phillips kid from Little Rock, having a great SPARQ rating isn't necessarily going to get you scholarship offers.  This is one of those instances where you have to look at his offer list to get a more accurate picture.

Some people are getting a bit antsy because this is widely thought to be a year when we need to pickup multiple good RB recruits, and we seemingly don't have that many  offers out and of course zero committed at this point. I can understand that, however, I honestly believe that the fact that we aren't throwing out new RB offers at this point means the coaching staff feels really good about one or more of the others we are on.  I also think at this point, they probably want to wait and evaluate some new names once the season gets started to see who blows up during their senior year.

swinesation

Crockett has very good speed around the edges, tough to tackle in open space, but very little success running up the middle or into traffic at all.