Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dominique Reed Eligible

Started by TebowHater, June 14, 2015, 07:05:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TebowHater

This is huge. Bielema took a gamble on putting our eggs in this basket, but it seems to have worked. Let's hope he can live up to the tout. I think his speed alone is really going to open up the field and should really help the run game. BA and KH are probably two happy dudes

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Wide-receiver-clears-all-academic-hurdles-set-to-enroll-at-UA-37759582

Bielema claims that he wanted him more than the tOSU bound KJ Hill, so I am quite stoked

GO

June 14, 2015, 07:40:07 pm #2 Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 08:24:17 pm by GO
Sweet! I know he has the speed, hoping he is able to get off the line with some of the bigger, faster SEC corners. Also not sure who the QB was for Coffeyville JC in the tape but he made some nice throws.

Hog N Bama

Great news we've been waiting to hear.  It's going to be exciting to see Enos' creativity with Reed's talent. Reminds me of Monk. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: GO on June 14, 2015, 07:40:07 pm
Also not sure who the QB was for Coffeeville JC in the tape but he made some nice throws.

I see what you did

The Hogfather

Boom!!!!  KJ will have a great time sitting the bench at OSU, "contributing", and then transferring elsewhere.  Reed will be a manchild here, especially next season.

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Also not sure who the QB was for Coffeyville JC in the tape but he made some nice throws.

Really? I thought he threw like a TE  ;)

navyhog24

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on June 14, 2015, 08:30:44 pm
Really? I thought he threw like a TE  ;)

If the the QB is as fast and big as AJ Derby, then sign him up.

Tusks

Wow just watched the video.  I hope he can transfer that to the field in the SEC cause if he can, look out, the hogs may avg. 500 yrd. game total O.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Quote from: The Hogfather on June 14, 2015, 08:15:25 pm
Boom!!!!  KJ will have a great time sitting the bench at OSU, "contributing", and then transferring elsewhere.  Reed will be a manchild here, especially next season.
If he can't play for OSU then do we want him? And if we don't want him, why do you keep beating this drum?

The Hogfather

I wanted him just to keep all the "elite" prospects at Arkansas.  I think he's overrated and will be an average college receiver.

NLRHog92

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Hope both parties are rewarded for their hard work and persistence, and also hopeful he can adjust to SEC level quickly!  :razorback:

WardamnHOGGLE

Who is this KJ Hill person you speak of?

gmarv

Quote from: WardamnHOGGLE on June 15, 2015, 05:45:20 am
Who is this KJ Hill person you speak of?
good question I,ve moved on also.

HoggusMaximus

he is so big compared to those db's.

Cinco de Hogo

It shouldn't have been a question of who you want more and ya'll know that.  K J Hill screwed up as far as Arkansas is concerned and his boat sailed.  We still have to replace what he would have been too us when Reed is gone in two years.  And we will.

chitwnhog

Sweet! I know he has the speed, hoping he is able to get off the line with some of the bigger, faster SEC corners. Also not sure who the QB was for Coffeyville JC in the tape but he made some nice throws.

Brock Gillmore. I think he ended up at Kansas.

rhames

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 15, 2015, 07:50:52 am
It shouldn't have been a question of who you want more and ya'll know that.  K J Hill screwed up as far as Arkansas is concerned and his boat sailed.  We still have to replace what he would have been too us when Reed is gone in two years.  And we will.

You can't replace what you never had

We will be fine
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hoglady

Good news for us.
(Hill is old news and no longer Hog news)
Reed is a Hog and he's eligible - that's what's important.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

tbhogfan

One stat that really jumps out at you:  56 Passes--16 TD's in Juco.  Not expecting that at the SEC level, but gives you an indication of how explosive Dominique can be.
Go Hogs!

Großer Kriegschwein

Reed's speed alone will cause defensive coordinators address him in their game planning. There will be very few safeties held back to assist in run defense while he is on the field. One less man in the box will make our running game that much better. Allen is good enough to get it where he can catch it.

If those 2 connect during fall practice, it will be something to watch.
This is my non-signature signature.

The Kig

His presence adds another tool for us to actually demonstrate a balanced approach offensively.  Having a "group" of receivers and TE's that forces the safety's decisions adds a fraction of a section to the reaction on a run play... which can lead to big yardage.  The only way we don't pile up massive offensive numbers this year is if we become predictable (Seems to me this is a problem that has haunted us in the past, but those coaches are gone).
Poker Porker

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

TebowHater

Quote from: The Kig on June 15, 2015, 11:49:08 am
His presence adds another tool for us to actually demonstrate a balanced approach offensively.  Having a "group" of receivers and TE's that forces the safety's decisions adds a fraction of a section to the reaction on a run play... which can lead to big yardage.  The only way we don't pile up massive offensive numbers this year is if we become predictable (Seems to me this is a problem that has haunted us in the past, but those coaches are gone).

I can see no way in the world that we would be more predictable this year than last (and I am not saying it was a problem last year). What I love about BB is he gets our guys so good at what they do that it almost doesn't matter if we are predictable (see TTech).  I realize you can't win every game like that, which is why the threat that KH, DR, and HH are going to be able to provide is going to give DC's nightmares. Stuff the box, get beat over the top. Don't stuff the box, get the ball run down your throat. Our play-action game this year absolutely should be better than any other team in the country.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: rhames on June 15, 2015, 08:42:39 am

You can't replace what you never had

We will be fine

Didn't exact say that, I said we would replace what he would have been for us.  Hill s not a one and only player.  If CBB recruited his skill set the he most likely will look for another player with that skill set.  Maybe we already have him in Jordan Jones.

TheRazorback500

Congrats to DReed for taking care of business. Bring the speed. WPS.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: tusked on June 14, 2015, 08:35:56 pm
Wow just watched the video.  I hope he can transfer that to the field in the SEC cause if he can, look out, the hogs may avg. 500 yrd. game total O.

I just watched the video and developed a large desire to kick the living crap out of the dude who failed to edit out all the damn gopher bobbing/check with me B.S. from the tape..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.