based on his 5 points and 5 rebounds he averaged, I hope he loves D

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 01, 2015, 11:12:16 am

Defensive player of the year in his league

HOGINTENNESSEE

https://mobile.twitter.com/TeamAlabamaCBA/status/605476830750093312

New top 5 for Kouassi.

@WillyOfficial50 Arkansas Razorbacks, Memphis Tigers, North Texas Mean Green, La Tech Bulldogs & BYU Cougars
1:51 PM - 1 Jun 2015

Hawgzinbowlz

Kouassi, and his D, may blend with what will likely be a somewhat more guard driven team.

" GO HOGS "

ADavisTheGOAT

I like our chances  :razorback:
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

WorfHog

Quote from: Hogfan991 on June 01, 2015, 10:48:42 pm
I like our chances  :razorback:

Like always, it'll all come down to the cold cuts.

Hawg Red

I believe it's been -Blu that's been saying to look out for the smaller programs like Louisiana Tech and BYU here because they can offer the most playing time, and that's where I'm expecting him to land. Doesn't appear on the surface that Memphis has room for him. BYU and Arkansas are probably his best bets for playing in the NCAA tournament, though, so we have that as an advantage. Without knowing much of anything about his selection criteria, I'll assume he goes for the playing time at a mid-major school. Would love to him at this point in the process for a number of reasons.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 02, 2015, 10:21:51 am
I believe it's been -Blu that's been saying to look out for the smaller programs like Louisiana Tech and BYU here because they can offer the most playing time, and that's where I'm expecting him to land. Doesn't appear on the surface that Memphis has room for him. BYU and Arkansas are probably his best bets for playing in the NCAA tournament, though, so we have that as an advantage. Without knowing much of anything about his selection criteria, I'll assume he goes for the playing time at a mid-major school. Would love to him at this point in the process for a number of reasons.

Spitballing but proximity to host family influenced Izundu some apparently.  Maybe staying in the south is a +1 for us here as well.

lefty08

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 02, 2015, 10:21:51 am

He has already narrowed it down to Arkansas, Memphis, and BYU FWIW
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

hawgmasta

Quote from: lefty08 on June 02, 2015, 06:45:17 pm
He has already narrowed it down to Arkansas, Memphis, and BYU FWIW

I like our odds with those.

-Blu

Quote from: hawgmasta on June 03, 2015, 01:37:50 am
I like our odds with those.

IMO, the key is to get him to commit before he leaves campus.  Hopefully the new practice facility and BWA wows him, should be the most impressive campus by far he would have visited up to this point.  Don't like our chances if he doesn't commit this weekend, schools like BYU have a lot more playing time to offer.  But, I'm not sure how good BYU will be next year, they only have 8 scholarship guys right now.  Willy's guardian said the biggest thing for him is he wants to go to a winning program and play in the NCAA tournament and get exposure before his eligibility is done, Arkansas gives him the best chance to accomplish all of that.  I also think he would have a great shot at playing significant minutes here as well.

mhuff

The five rebounds worries me ,but we we do not know his PT average.

Hawg Red

Quote from: mhuff on June 03, 2015, 11:49:47 am
The five rebounds worries me ,but we we do not know his PT average.

19 MPG last season at Kennesaw State.

4.6 PPG, 5 RPG, 1.3 BPG. Very poor FT shooter (under 43%). 46.7 from the field. Does not take 3 point shots.

This is not a guy you expect stats from. This is a guy that comes in and makes use of his 5 fouls, gets physical (I'm guessing), and just plays defense. He won't be a starter here. He'll average maybe 10 minutes a game, or less. We could use another big body, at least in practice, with Trey and Kapita being big question marks. Guess we could consider Miles a question mark as well.

mhuff

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 03, 2015, 12:01:39 pm
19 MPG last season at Kennesaw State.

4.6 PPG, 5 RPG, 1.3 BPG. Very poor FT shooter (under 43%). 46.7 from the field. Does not take 3 point shots.

This is not a guy you expect stats from. This is a guy that comes in and makes use of his 5 fouls, gets physical (I'm guessing), and just plays defense. He won't be a starter here. He'll average maybe 10 minutes a game, or less. We could use another big body, at least in practice, with Trey and Kapita being big question marks. Guess we could consider Miles a question mark as well.

I was looking at our stats for last year. It is surprising that we won the games we did. I have seen people criticizing Portis..... well his defense could have been better and A/T better..... BUT...... almost everyone was lacking. Watkins shined offensively as did Portis ,and Kingsley. However, I believe their stats were down % wise from the year before. A lot of our guards shot around 43% or less from the field. That is not impressive to me. Everyone knows the lack of success we had a few years ago when we did not get the ball inside and the guards threw up crap shots. We can't revert to that again. Hopefully Kapita will be healthy. We have to do something soon about a SF..... I am optimistic that something will happen near term or 18 games winner will be our plight again. imho

jjdlc

NM, found the info I was looking for.

jry04

Nice having the super regionals on campus this weekend while he is visiting. He will be blown away with 10-12k fans at the baseball game. Hopefully he commits to us. I do not know how good he will be, but I think he can only help.

Mike Irwin

They've got to get him into graduate school. They're working on it.

Hogg_Phan

Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 06, 2015, 09:38:50 pm
They've got to get him into graduate school. They're working on it.
When you say "they are working on it", are you saying if we can get him into graduate school, he will commit to us?
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

-Blu

Quote from: Hogg_Phan on June 07, 2015, 08:28:47 am
When you say "they are working on it", are you saying if we can get him into graduate school, he will commit to us?

I was about to ask the same thing.  I was looking at his guardian's twitter page, seems to be really loving the visit.

https://twitter.com/teamalabamacba

Mike Irwin

The last time I checked, which was a couple of days ago, they didn't know for sure if he could get into graduate school. I probably should not have used the phrase "they're working on it" because that implies they're trying to pull some strings to get him in. 

What I meant was, they're trying to find out for sure if he's cleared to enroll in grad school at the U of A. I have no idea if he's committed or committed based on getting in but it's the same process at any school he's considering. Those schools may not all have the same standards but just getting an undergraduate degree, which he has, doesn't automatically mean you can get into a specific graduate school.

Hogsolo

It's an awesome last minute add for next year defense and five more big man fouls per game.

Hope he makes it.

JIHawg

Can anyone confirm that he did visit BYU?  I went on some of their sites and there was no mention of him.

WorfHog

Quote from: JIHawg on June 13, 2015, 06:17:17 pm
Can anyone confirm that he did visit BYU?  I went on some of their sites and there was no mention of him.

If he isn't tweeting about it and BYU isn't talking about it I like our chances.

HoopS

@rtmccombs: Some good BYU news today.
1. BYU-Nebraska on ABC
2. 7'4" Alan Hamson gonna walk-on bball team
3. Willy Kouassi visiting BYU

East TN HAWG

It may come down to the school that will accept him in grad school.

Pig in the Pokey

lol!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HoopS on June 13, 2015, 10:24:37 pm
@rtmccombs: Some good BYU news today.
1. BYU-Nebraska on ABC
2. 7'4" Alan Hamson gonna walk-on bball team
3. Willy Kouassi visiting BYU
that's the biggest walk-on EVER!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

JIHawg

jry04

Quote from: JIHawg on June 20, 2015, 08:12:14 pm
Did not visit BYU.
Looks like he is ours. Don't know much about him, but a 6'10" rim protector is always welcomed. At the very least, he should be able to provide 10-12 solid minutes of defense off the bench.

hawgmasta

Quote from: jry04 on June 20, 2015, 09:08:29 pm
Looks like he is ours. Don't know much about him, but a 6'10" rim protector is always welcomed. At the very least, he should be able to provide 10-12 solid minutes of defense off the bench.

If he could throw down 10-12 pts or 10-12 boards in the SEC tourney I would love me some of that. That's where I think we will make our postseason next year.

outlawhogeywells

regi

So now it is down to North Texas, WKU and Hogs for a Kennesaw St (Great school BTW) transfer that averaged 4 points and 5 rebs a game? What am I missing here?

Athog

Quote from: regi on June 22, 2015, 05:40:25 pm
So now it is down to North Texas, WKU and Hogs for a Kennesaw St (Great school BTW) transfer that averaged 4 points and 5 rebs a game? What am I missing here?

A lot if we can't get him.

poloprince

That he is a graduate transfer with immediate eligibility could be what you are missing. 
$PoLoPrInCe$

Oklahawg

Kid has to weigh a lot, including actual playing time/contribution, team post-season chances, grad work options, etc.

If he blows up at a smaller school does that help his chances at playing overseas? Likely. Suddenly, he goes from angling for one more year to being considered for a nice professional contract.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HOGINTENNESSEE

He was Defensive Player of the year in his Conference. Ole Miss, Memphis, Pitt and BYU have also been involved in his recruitment

Former 4 star signed with Auburn out of HS and played one year there

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Willy-Kouassi-106016

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Wanna be a hog the be a Hog.' if not then pack sand!
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

COCHISE

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 07, 2015, 11:56:52 am
The last time I checked, which was a couple of days ago, they didn't know for sure if he could get into graduate school. I probably should not have used the phrase "they're working on it" because that implies they're trying to pull some strings to get him in. 

What I meant was, they're trying to find out for sure if he's cleared to enroll in grad school at the U of A. I have no idea if he's committed or committed based on getting in but it's the same process at any school he's considering. Those schools may not all have the same standards but just getting an undergraduate degree, which he has, doesn't automatically mean you can get into a specific graduate school.

MikeIrwin, the University of Arkansas isn't Harvard or Stanford. If the guy can play basketball they will get him in grad school.