Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

La Tech will be the 2016 opener

Started by ricepig, May 21, 2015, 03:56:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

@wholehogsports:Louisiana Tech announces its 2016 game at Arkansas will be played Sept. 3 at Razorback Stadium, meaning it will be the season opener.

At least we know we don't open on the road in a conference game.

factchecker

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016-arkansas-razorbacks-football-schedule.php

The game (as of right now) is scheduled to be played in Little Rock.  We also play @ TCU in 2016 which will probably take the week 2 slot.  So if we hypothesize and fill in the blanks the first four games should be:

Saturday Sep. 3     vs. La Tech  Little Rock

Saturday Sep. 10 vs.   TCU   Fort Worth Texas

Saturday Sep. 17 vs.  Texas State  D.W.R. Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, AR   

Saturday Sep. 24 vs.  Texas AnM  Cowboys Stadium,  Dallas Texas

Three Texas school back to back to back.

Also our SEC home games are Alabama, Florida, LSU, and Ole Miss.
Our SEC road games are Auburn, Mississippi State, and Missouri.

Week 5 and 6, if similar to this year, should be Florida and Alabama back to back @ Fayetteville.

:razorback:
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on May 21, 2015, 06:12:01 pm
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016-arkansas-razorbacks-football-schedule.php

The game (as of right now) is schedule to be played in Little Rock.  We also play @ TCU in 2016 which will probably take the week 2 slot.  So if we hypothesize and fill in the blanks the first four games should be:

Saturday Sep. 3     vs. La Tech  Little Rock

Saturday Sep. 10 vs.   TCU   Fort Worth Texas

Saturday Sep. 17 vs.  Texas State  D.W.R. Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, AR   

Saturday Sep. 24 vs.  Texas AnM  Cowboys Stadium,  Dallas Texas

Three Texas school back to back to back.

Also our SEC home games are Alabama, Florida, LSU, and Ole Miss.
Our SEC road games are Auburn, Mississippi State, and Missouri.

Week 5 and 6, if similar to this year, should be Florida and Alabama back to back @ Fayetteville.

:razorback:

Wrong, check your facts.

@wholehogsports: Louisiana Tech announces it will play Arkansas opening weekend in 2016 http://t.co/EMER6f3hoN http://t.co/VOpKUbqbJh

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on May 21, 2015, 06:15:18 pm
Wrong, check your facts.

@wholehogsports: Louisiana Tech announces it will play Arkansas opening weekend in 2016 http://t.co/EMER6f3hoN http://t.co/VOpKUbqbJh

thanks for the find.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: factchecker on May 21, 2015, 06:19:16 pm
check my link--- twitter is highly unreliable

yep--- your right :D 

i was wrong--- i usually follow fbschedule site b/c it provides links to away game tickets
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on May 21, 2015, 06:15:18 pm
Wrong, check your facts.

Good find---- who you thing we will play in Little Rock?

Knowing that we play La Tech on the Hill and TCU in Fort Worth that leaves Texas State and the annual FCS opponent.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on May 21, 2015, 06:19:16 pm
check my link--- twitter is highly unreliable

fbs isn't the most reliable either, they get the sources from the internet, too. We usually hear about our games from our foes, especially the non-P5 games.

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on May 21, 2015, 06:21:39 pm
Good find---- who you thing we will play in Little Rock?

I don't know, I'm not sure what year we will play our last SEC foe in WMS, either 2016 or 2017.

younghog

TCU Game is going to be great..

Great Stadium.. should be a solid Game.. I'll be there 4 sure..

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

tkhog

Quote from: ricepig on May 21, 2015, 06:24:44 pm
I don't know, I'm not sure what year we will play our last SEC foe in WMS, either 2016 or 2017.

hogcard1964

Seems like whenever we open these two game series with semi tough out of conference schools, we open on the road..

ricepig

Quote from: tkhog on May 25, 2015, 09:15:11 am

Unfortunately, when the contract was rewritten to call for only 1 game there, it also called for 2 SEC games in the last 5 years. I realize that contracts are made to be broken.

COACHINTEXAS

TCU will be rocking with Razorbacks because they don't follow very well. I was at the Iowa State game last year when they were #2 and over half of the stadium was empty. It was pathetic!
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

HogWildBison2011

I'm strongly considering to attend the La Tech game.. I witnessed Kenneth Dixon out of Strong AR in the state championship game in 2012 and that kid was an animal. I believe he should be a senior starting RB for them in 2016. It would be awesome to see him play in his SR year of college. Of course I'll be rooting against him tho.

JackJohnson

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on May 26, 2015, 06:53:59 am
I'm strongly considering to attend the La Tech game.. I witnessed Kenneth Dixon out of Strong AR in the state championship game in 2012 and that kid was an animal. I believe he should be a senior starting RB for them in 2016. It would be awesome to see him play in his SR year of college. Of course I'll be rooting against him tho.

he is a Sr this year so unless he gets hurt and misses this season he will be gone

DeltaBoy

Dixon is a great kid that I look to be with the Cowboys.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: JackJohnson on May 26, 2015, 08:51:12 am
he is a Sr this year so unless he gets hurt and misses this season he will be gone
You are correct sir I did my math incorrectly. No surprise! I hope I can catch him at some point this season then.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on May 26, 2015, 12:55:50 pm
You are correct sir I did my math incorrectly. No surprise! I hope I can catch him at some point this season then.

Hope in 2016 he has a Star on his helmet.

pigroots

TCU may win the national championship this year. Their program is still on the rise. Fan support is also growing but has lagged behind. If we have as good of a season as we hope that game will have a real shot of being a ESPN game day date and a tremendous game. Both teams will lose their starting QB after this year but the Frogs will have A&M transfer Kenny Hill.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 26, 2015, 03:18:59 pm
Hope in 2016 he has a Star on his helmet.
That high on him huh? I thought he would be special.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: pigroots on May 26, 2015, 05:36:54 pm
TCU may win the national championship this year. Their program is still on the rise. Fan support is also growing but has lagged behind. If we have as good of a season as we hope that game will have a real shot of being a ESPN game day date and a tremendous game. Both teams will lose their starting QB after this year but the Frogs will have A&M transfer Kenny Hill.
That's Kenny Thrill to you!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on May 27, 2015, 06:10:45 am
That high on him huh? I thought he would be special.

Yep he took Strong on his back all the way to a state title.

Tom in Fort Worth

I live 2 miles from the stadium and have been to a few games. I've enjoyed the games because the fans were polite and they have some pretty generous tailgates. I will say that if they are not winning, they stands empty to the parking lot for the tailgate. I agree that the fan base is growing. But they are nothing like HOG fans.

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 27, 2015, 02:40:23 pm
Yep he took Strong on his back all the way to a state title.
Yeah I was there at the end. Lol unfortunately my team wore black and gold that night. 

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: pigroots on May 26, 2015, 05:36:54 pm

TCU fan support?  The reason TCU has few fans is that they represent no state or even a city and their enrollment is only 10,000.  TCU will never have a large fan base and that's why their stadium's capacity is only about 35,000 in a metroplex that's twice the size (over 6.5 million) the entire state of Arkansas (around 3 million).