Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Get rid of divisions

Started by mizzouman, May 04, 2015, 12:56:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

The SEC should get rid of divisions.  The SECC game should be the best two teams PERIOD even if they have to play twice in one year.

Give each team 2 permanents then just rotate the rest.  You will play a home and home with 6 teams for 2 years then the next 2 years play another home and home with the other 6.  That way, you will have played each team twice in 4 years and 2 teams each year and every year.

online-with-swine

LSUFan

I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

JackJohnson

Quote from: mizzouman on May 04, 2015, 12:56:40 pm
The SEC should get rid of divisions.  The SECC game should be the best two teams PERIOD even if they have to play twice in one year.

Give each team 2 permanents then just rotate the rest.  You will play a home and home with 6 teams for 2 years then the next 2 years play another home and home with the other 6.  That way, you will have played each team twice in 4 years and 2 teams each year and every year.

So lets see how that would play out- i.e. would "everyone" be happy?  Based upon "traditional" rivalries within the SEC, "new" rivalries since the expansion of the SEC began (i.e. permanent opponents), would it look something like this? 

2 permanent opponents:

Ark- Mizzou and USC
Mizzou- Ark and A&M
A&M- Mizzou and USC
USC- Ark and A&M
Bama- AU and UT
AU- UGA and Bama
UGA- AU and UF
UF- LSU and UGA
LSU- UF and OM
OM- LSU and MSU
MSU- OM and UK
UT- Bama and Vandy
Vandy- UT and UK
UK- MSU and Vandy

A case can be made that Ark should play Mizzou and A&M so I would be fine with that as well.  The 4 "newbies" in Ark, USC, Mizzou and Tex AM almost all have to be a part of each other's rotation just looking at everything

mizzouman

Yeah, I think Arkansas should have Miz and A&M as permanents.

JackJohnson

Quote from: mizzouman on May 04, 2015, 03:05:25 pm
Yeah, I think Arkansas should have Miz and A&M as permanents.

now that I actually think about it since we have a contract with Jerrah to play them the next 5 years in Dallas that would be factored into this.  So I guess the revised list would be for the 4 "newbies":

Ark- Mizzou and A&M
Mizzou- Ark and USC
A&M- USC and Ark
USC- Mizzou and A&M

Wildhog

Strange opinion for a Mizzou fan to have.  I agree, though.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

razorbacker3

Then you will have the bottom feeders bitching about scheduling and how they make it easy for the ones at the top. Nothing is going to satisfy everyone and what's wrong with what we have? The east will have their days in the future. Plus you could play the same team twice now.

mizzouman

Quote from: JackJohnson on May 04, 2015, 03:24:36 pm
now that I actually think about it since we have a contract with Jerrah to play them the next 5 years in Dallas that would be factored into this.  So I guess the revised list would be for the 4 "newbies":

Ark- Mizzou and A&M
Mizzou- Ark and USC
A&M- USC and Ark
USC- Mizzou and A&M

Ark - Miz and A&M
Miz - Ark and A&M
A&M - Ark and Miz

Keeps the old SWC and BIG12 games going and recruiting in Texas.

mizzouman

Quote from: Wildhog on May 04, 2015, 03:48:13 pm
Strange opinion for a Mizzou fan to have.  I agree, though.
Why strange?

HamIAm

When participants in the SEC championship game are no longer decided on the field but by opinion of some guy in the SEC or ESPN office; politics, potential viewer audiences, and backdoor deals will take over. You could forget Arkansas ever making the championship.

ChicoHog

Quote from: razorbacker3 on May 04, 2015, 04:19:43 pm
Then you will have the bottom feeders bitching about scheduling and how they make it easy for the ones at the top. Nothing is going to satisfy everyone and what's wrong with what we have? The east will have their days in the future. Plus you could play the same team twice now.
We could have rematches now.  For example UGA could play Auburn, UT could play Bama or UF play LSU in championship game.  I kind of like this idea.  But more importantly I want 9 conf games to help eliminate one of the "cupcakes" on the schedule and give each team/player the opportunity to play against every SEC team during his tenure in school.

Hawghiggs

I would rather Arkansas have Mizzou & LSU as permanent rivals.