Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oh no! We suck again!

Started by Deep Shoat, April 15, 2015, 07:43:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

latrops

Quote from: hogsanity on April 22, 2015, 08:18:04 am
What some deem complaining others deem pointing out weaknesses. Was it wrong to point out the offensive struggles against zone defenses? Was it incorrect to say the press was ineffective, especially early in the SEC season?

No one knows how the signees will do next year. Just about everyone expected next season to be a step back IF Portis and Qualls left ( would have been a step back if just Portis left ).  What bugs me is most here seem willing to give a pss, just HOPING MA lands Monk for one yea in 16/17. Is that where we are, hoping to be really good once every 5 years?

Who says that?  Nobody says that it's OK to only be good once every 5 years.  That may be how it works out over CMA's first 5 years, but expectations will be that we are in the NCAAT in 16/17....which would be two out of three.  Expectations are also that he makes it fairly regularly going forward, with the exception of next year.  If we miss the NCAAT as expected next year, then again in 2017....CMA's job will justifiably be very much in jeopardy.  This conference is getting much tougher, he has his work cut out for him. 

I think game attendance will be big over the next two years.  If things don't go a bit better than expected, attendance figures to decline a bit next year, which could carry over into the 16/17 season if we don't land immediate impact recruits....Monk in particular.  If the fans aren't enthusiastic about the program and showing up to games and buying merchandise over the next couple of years, that may be unacceptable to Long.

hogsanity

Quote from: latrops on April 22, 2015, 08:53:00 am
Who says that?  Nobody says that it's OK to only be good once every 5 years.  That may be how it works out over CMA's first 5 years, but expectations will be that we are in the NCAAT in 16/17....which would be two out of three.  Expectations are also that he makes it fairly regularly going forward, with the exception of next year.  If we miss the NCAAT as expected next year, then again in 2017....CMA's job will justifiably be very much in jeopardy.  This conference is getting much tougher, he has his work cut out for him. 

I think game attendance will be big over the next two years.  If things don't go a bit better than expected, attendance figures to decline a bit next year, which could carry over into the 16/17 season if we don't land immediate impact recruits....Monk in particular.  If the fans aren't enthusiastic about the program and showing up to games and buying merchandise over the next couple of years, that may be unacceptable to Long.

Well, if you pick and choose when to start counting, I guess you could say he is 1 for 1 in making it to the NCAAT. If they do not make it next year it will be 1 trip in 5 seasons. If that is acceptable to the fans, so be it. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: azhog10 on April 22, 2015, 08:45:51 am
Yes, because Arkansas had much better choices at the time than Coach A. We should've stuck with Pel right?

Oh, there were choices at least as good, if not better, except at some point they HAD to hire Mike to get "closure". But that is water under the bridge.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Deep Shoat

Quote from: hogsanity on April 22, 2015, 08:29:23 am
If they do not expect to be that again, and by "that" I will define it as being in the ncaat 8 out of every ten years, and making the sweet 16 3 of those 8 trips, then what is the point of having a program at all?
"It's a lot better than it was under Heath/Pel"...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: azhog10 on April 21, 2015, 11:31:37 pm
Ahhh got jokes. That's right. We only sign kids who we have a direct relationship with like a family member or family friend right?

As to the rest of your wasted mumbling, you have this huge write up and try to logically spell out why Mike is what he is and that he's never been a good recruiter, the program declined after certain assistants left and mike was promoted. Yet mike has proven to be the most successful of said assistants and along with HA like to imply we were only getting good recruits when we were shelling out th cash but Mike won't do that and it's him being behind the times. While also taking a shot at me bc I have a direct connection with Zimmerman.

I apologize if for some reason that bothers you. We can't control certain things in life and as a 7th grader I had no control over who my coach was. But I am grateful that it was Coach Z. He's the hardest working basketball coach I have ever met and also a very nice person. He served our country and then came back to coach basketball. None of this necessarily makes him right for this job. He's not in with shoe companies or these street agent types. He is what he is and I imagine he goes and does what Mike tells him to. Sorry if all that bothers you as the backhanded comments and negativity from you and many others gets old. I feel some of you would be much happier if we were back winning 14 games and a losing SEC record.

I did not imply anything about cash.

What bothers me is your sensitivity when it comes to discussing the program right now.  You even had an exchange with one of the most optimistic posters in Iceman.  I kind of feel bad for you too as I know you can't help but be sensitive given your connection and some of us can be critical.  It actually seems like a lot are right now in regards to the staff including the optimistic. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Deep Shoat on April 22, 2015, 09:16:02 am
"It's a lot better than it was under Heath/Pel"...

Really, Heath went to the NCAAT twice in 5 years, and Pel went once. That matters because the only really tangible measure in college bball is the ncaat.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: hogsanity on April 22, 2015, 09:43:28 am
Really, Heath went to the NCAAT twice in 5 years, and Pel went once. That matters because the only really tangible measure in college bball is the ncaat.
Yeah.  I was just quoting what I keep being told.
All Gas, No Brakes!

hogsanity

azhog10

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 22, 2015, 09:40:13 am
I did not imply anything about cash.

What bothers me is your sensitivity when it comes to discussing the program right now.  You even had an exchange with one of the most optimistic posters in Iceman.  I kind of feel bad for you too as I know you can't help but be sensitive given your connection and some of us can be critical.  It actually seems like a lot are right now in regards to the staff including the optimistic.
I would just hope some would wait to be critical after the staff is done recruiting. I'm all for being critical on a staff when it's warranted. I have said many times that I can't speak to who owns what in terms of recruiting. During the season I have even been critical on the staff and team. But you and others have chosen to only be critical on the coaches, jump to conclusions when the process isn't over. If you want to bash the staff for the class coming in, why don't you wait till the class coming in has been finally decided. Then someone can truly sit back and be objective about what this team's "makeup" will be. Right now we have no idea what that will be. We aren't the only school in the country trying to sign one, or two guys in the spring signing period. But for some reason our fan base thinks that bc we are, we are going to suck next year and Mike has to go bc we won't be going to the NCAAT.

I'm sorry your "bothered", I guess there are things that "bothers" the both of us. Don't feel sorry for me. Iceman quoted a "source" saying something about a coach, that if you ever met said coach, you would know isn't true. Multiple other posters including HA even said as much.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 21, 2015, 05:55:32 pm
Aside from Qualls' clear improvement over time, and now that it's been a month since the Hogs lost to UNC and the emotion has worn off a bit, do you still believe the proposed myth given below has been 'dispelled?'

Yes - The improvement of Portis and Qualls was outstanding. Madden developed well. They were the anchor players. I don't believe MA has wasted much talent - maybe recruited a few too many low-talents. The overall ambition level of Arkansas's recruiting needs to rise. Can't afford to gamble so much. Has been too much fill-in recruiting.
[CENSORED]!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 22, 2015, 09:56:54 am
Yes - The improvement of Portis and Qualls was outstanding. Madden developed well. They were the anchor players. I don't believe MA has wasted much talent - maybe recruited a few too many low-talents. The overall ambition level of Arkansas's recruiting needs to rise. Can't afford to gamble so much. Has been too much fill-in recruiting.
This has been true of CMA's recruiting, historically.  It was one of the concerns expressed by many in the discussion around his hire. 

All Gas, No Brakes!

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 22, 2015, 09:56:54 am

I can dig that.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: azhog10 on April 22, 2015, 09:56:19 am
We aren't the only school in the country trying to sign one, or two guys in the spring signing period. But for some reason our fan base thinks that bc we are, we are going to suck next year and Mike has to go bc we won't be going to the NCAAT.

No. This is wrong. Some fans believe Arkansas is going to suck next season because this season's starting lineup was Portis, Qualls, Harris, Madden and Beard, and the only player returning is Beard. How hard is that for you to understand?

Some fans know that the first people off the bench this season were

Jacorey Williams -- 40% free throw shooter
Anthlon Bell -- Undependable outside shooter
Manny Watkins -- Useful role player, painfully averse to shooting from outside
Jabril Durham -- Shot 20% inside the arc, PG who was worst ballhandler on the team
Moses Kingsley -- Looks the part but had a really disappointing season

The additions to this lineup, so far, are a really nice-looking freshman guard in Jimmy Whitt, a power forward Ted Kapita who didn't play this season, and almost unused reserves Keaton Miles and Trey Thompson, plus redshirting Dusty Hannahs.

Of everything the Hogs are adding, they lost much more. Meanwhile, the nation's top hoop recruiting classes include Kentucky, Texas A&M and LSU. Several of our rivals upgraded their head coaches.

This year's team had defensive matchup issues but compensated with sometimes outstanding scoring power. All of the effective scorers are gone. The returnees are a mix of wildly erratic and unskilled. We're talking about needing Whitt, Hannahs and Kapita play central roles in the offense, along with Beard (who ought to progress after a good freshman year) and Bell (who needs to have a great senior year).

If Arkansas could sign a wing player capable of helping the offense and defense, the team might have significantly greater potential than it has today. Otherwise, we're talking about some bench players getting more minutes than they can handle, in matchups that aren't good.
[CENSORED]!

Kevin

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 22, 2015, 10:12:24 am
No. This is wrong. Some fans believe Arkansas is going to suck next season because this season's starting lineup was Portis, Qualls, Harris, Madden and Beard, and the only player returning is Beard. How hard is that for you to understand?

Jabril Durham -- Shot 20% inside the arc, PG who was worst ballhandler on the team

The additions to this lineup, so far, are a really nice-looking freshman guard in Jimmy Whitt, a power forward Ted Kapita who didn't play this season, and almost unused reserves Keaton Miles and Trey Thompson, plus redshirting Dusty Hannahs.

Of everything the Hogs are adding, they lost much more. Meanwhile, the nation's top hoop recruiting classes include Kentucky, Texas A&M and LSU. Several of our rivals upgraded their head coaches.

This year's team had defensive matchup issues but compensated with sometimes outstanding scoring power. All of the effective scorers are gone. The returnees are a mix of wildly erratic and unskilled. We're talking about needing Whitt, Hannahs and Kapita play central roles in the offense, along with Beard (who ought to progress after a good freshman year) and Bell (who needs to have a great senior year).

If Arkansas could sign a wing player capable of helping the offense and defense, the team might have significantly greater potential than it has today. Otherwise, we're talking about some bench players getting more minutes than they can handle, in matchups that aren't good.

you are getting close to become a hater  :) :) :) :) :) :)
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PonderinHog

I am in full "wait and see" mode.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: azhog10 on April 22, 2015, 09:56:19 am
I would just hope some would wait to be critical after the staff is done recruiting. I'm all for being critical on a staff when it's warranted. I have said many times that I can't speak to who owns what in terms of recruiting. During the season I have even been critical on the staff and team. But you and others have chosen to only be critical on the coaches, jump to conclusions when the process isn't over. If you want to bash the staff for the class coming in, why don't you wait till the class coming in has been finally decided. Then someone can truly sit back and be objective about what this team's "makeup" will be. Right now we have no idea what that will be. We aren't the only school in the country trying to sign one, or two guys in the spring signing period. But for some reason our fan base thinks that bc we are, we are going to suck next year and Mike has to go bc we won't be going to the NCAAT.

I'm sorry your "bothered", I guess there are things that "bothers" the both of us. Don't feel sorry for me. Iceman quoted a "source" saying something about a coach, that if you ever met said coach, you would know isn't true. Multiple other posters including HA even said as much.

I'm not bashing the staff for the class coming in.  They filled needs with two top 75ish recruits so far and are after some recruits who can maybe at the least help defend SF/wings.  The staff and especially Mike does do some things well in recruiting like identifying role players and they do sometimes find help late.  Again, this goes back to Mike's time as an assistant where they had instances like finding Pat very late. 

The test (for lack of a better term) for this staff is the 2016 class. 

You are exaggerating again in regards to your comments about sucking and Mike going.  I don't think we will suck unless we have a rash of injuries, suspensions or some other causes of attrition.  And I'm not seeing where posters are suggesting Mike should go if we were to have a down season. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Exactly. Why can't some people at least acknowledge this though?

ArkansasI

Ding ding ding ding.

This is where many Hog fans that are deeply interested in the program reside.  There is no hate for Mike.  There is hope, but objective concern.

Jimmy and Ted look like great additions.  We're hoping for about 3 more, but are concerned that the staff appears to be identifying new talent rather than wrapping up existing relationships.

I realize that I may be completely wrong about my observations - I hope I am.  Make no mistake, I'm rootin' for 'em!

GO MIKE!  GO COACHING STAFF!  GO HOGS!

WorfHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on April 22, 2015, 10:19:31 am
I am in full "wait and see" mode.

That's the best mode to be in right now.

WarPig88

Just like in 92-93!

Portis was part of the defensive problems. So was Ky Madden.

It's possible this team could be improved enough defensively to offset the loss of scoring. What most people don't get about defense is that it only takes ONE guy out of position to make the WHOLE defense look bad.

On offense, ONE guy can make up for a lot suckage and carry a team on that end.

I understand the not having confidence thing. I don't get the female dogging and the coach should be on hot seat garbage I read over and over and over in here.

azhog10

No this is wrong. There have been plenty that have talked about how we are behind in the game because we need to sign 1 or 2. That was merely my point. Now there maybe some fans that are also worried about the points you made. However, that does not encompass some of the posts that I have read. I am not a mind reader so I can't dive into the Why's of their post if they did not give them. Thanks for your help but your long winded reply should have been attached to someone elses post.

azhog10

Quote from: hogsanity on April 22, 2015, 10:38:49 am
Exactly. Why can't some people at least acknowledge this though?
Why can't some people put their arguments in a more statistical and factual reply vs. "Mike can't get it done bc his system has flaws" or "this style of play won't ever be successful long term". There's a huge difference between being "objective, and providing facts" and making statements that easily come off as bashing a coach.

hogsanity

Quote from: azhog10 on April 22, 2015, 02:45:35 pm
Why can't some people put their arguments in a more statistical and factual reply vs. "Mike can't get it done bc his system has flaws" or "this style of play won't ever be successful long term". There's a huge difference between being "objective, and providing facts" and making statements that easily come off as bashing a coach.

I thought Biggus' post was pretty full of stats and facts. I made several posts during the season with stats and facts, and the only rebuttal Mike Anderson's message board and radio protection team could ever come back with is some form of " you're just a hater Mike is awesome".

Post showing the Hogs go out rebounded, hater. Hogs shot 30% from the field-racist. Hogs did not win the turn over battle- you want Mike to fail.

azhog10

Quote from: hogsanity on April 22, 2015, 03:12:24 pm
I thought Biggus' post was pretty full of stats and facts. I made several posts during the season with stats and facts, and the only rebuttal Mike Anderson's message board and radio protection team could ever come back with is some form of " you're just a hater Mike is awesome".

Post showing the Hogs go out rebounded, hater. Hogs shot 30% from the field-racist. Hogs did not win the turn over battle- you want Mike to fail.
He was. Biggus did a fantastic job of being "objective". I was speaking to you not biggus, hence why I quoted your post and not his.

azhog10

Quote from: hogsanity on April 22, 2015, 03:12:24 pm

When did you ever post that the hogs out rebounded someone, shot better than 40% from the field? See you only post the negative. That's not how objectivity works. That's being SUBjective. Not OBjective.

hogsanity

Quote from: azhog10 on April 22, 2015, 03:16:42 pm
He was. Biggus did a fantastic job of being "objective". I was speaking to you not biggus, hence why I quoted your post and not his.

Good, then you acknowledge the reasons some of us are wary of what next season holds.

azhog10

Quote from: hogsanity on April 22, 2015, 03:18:40 pm
Good, then you acknowledge the reasons some of us are wary of what next season holds.
I acknowledge why some people would be yes. Just as any fan base is when they see their top 4 leading scorers leave. But to claim that you are "wary" is laughable. You have "warried" all season. Biggus' point is about what we are losing and what we have coming in. You and others have bitched and moaned all season.

hogsanity

Quote from: azhog10 on April 22, 2015, 03:20:43 pm
I acknowledge why some people would be yes. Just as any fan base is when they see their top 4 leading scorers leave. But to claim that you are "wary" is laughable. You have "warried" all season. Biggus' point is about what we are losing and what we have coming in. You and others have bitched and moaned all season.

I am not talking about last season. Last season is over. The coming season is filled with questions right now. Common sense says that losing the secpoty, and one of, if not the most exciting player in the sec in Qualls, along with 2 sr leaders is going to lead to a down year. Could the newcomers make up for those losses? Sure, but it is a big ask count on that much from freshmen.

Swinesong1

Quote from: azhog10 on April 22, 2015, 03:20:43 pm
You take that back!  His post history was hacked!  Lol

hogsanity

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 22, 2015, 03:24:56 pm
You take that back!  His post history was hacked!  Lol

I have never made any pretense of being a Mike Anderson fan. But I am a razorback fan, so I want him to succeed because it means the team is a success.

I am just not going to act like the team or the coach have no flaws. I always thought Mike had a ceiling as a coach, and that ceiling is below Final 4 level. I think he is a good coach, but not great. As someone pointed out earlier, Nolan won a title when he had BETTER PLAYERS than everyone else. Mike will only lead a team to the top of the heap if he has better players. I do not think, and nothing shows him to be, a good enough recruiter to get there.

azhog10

Quote from: hogsanity on April 22, 2015, 03:30:16 pm
I have never made any pretense of being a Mike Anderson fan. But I am a razorback fan, so I want him to succeed because it means the team is a success.

I am just not going to act like the team or the coach have no flaws. I always thought Mike had a ceiling as a coach, and that ceiling is below Final 4 level. I think he is a good coach, but not great. As someone pointed out earlier, Nolan won a title when he had BETTER PLAYERS than everyone else. Mike will only lead a team to the top of the heap if he has better players. I do not think, and nothing shows him to be, a good enough recruiter to get there.
So don't "act" like you are in the same position as Biggus. Call a spade a spade and move on. You gripe and moan about Coach A. Then you gripe and moan about others saying you gripe and moan and try to claim that you are just being "objective". I feel like that lady in the geico commercial or whatever company that is telling the old lady "that's not how this works, that's not how any of this works".

hogsanity

Quote from: azhog10 on April 22, 2015, 03:33:14 pm
So don't "act" like you are in the same position as Biggus. Call a spade a spade and move on. You gripe and moan about Coach A. Then you gripe and moan about others saying you gripe and moan and try to claim that you are just being "objective". I feel like that lady in the geico commercial or whatever company that is telling the old lady "that's not how this works, that's not how any of this works".

My overall gripe here is that no one should have to shut up. It is a message board filled with opinions. Some here can't stand it that not everyone agrees with them, and call for people to shut up and/or leave.  You don't like someones opinion, refute it with facts.

azhog10

Quote from: hogsanity on April 22, 2015, 04:19:24 pm
My overall gripe here is that no one should have to shut up. It is a message board filled with opinions. Some here can't stand it that not everyone agrees with them, and call for people to shut up and/or leave.  You don't like someones opinion, refute it with facts.
I'm not telling anyone to shut up. But you are asking someone to refute an opinion with facts, but you give no facts to back up your "opinion". Kind of funny you expect one to do what you aren't willing to do.

What's annoying is you spew negativity constantly then complain that others bash you because they just don't want to hear your "truth" when it's not truth, it's your opinion. We can all post whatever garbage we want, but don't expect people to always agree or get tired of your constant complaining.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: azhog10 on April 22, 2015, 02:43:47 pm
No this is wrong. There have been plenty that have talked about how we are behind in the game because we need to sign 1 or 2. That was merely my point. Now there maybe some fans that are also worried about the points you made. However, that does not encompass some of the posts that I have read. I am not a mind reader so I can't dive into the Why's of their post if they did not give them. Thanks for your help but your long winded reply should have been attached to someone elses post.

Portis and Qualls left early and MA didn't even remotely try to recruit for that contingency, and now he's scrambling.

That means the Hogs are stuck with what they have, and the odds of adding anybody who could help next season are long. Being stuck with what they have isn't good. This isn't a complete mix. We are not talking about this team carrying an identity yet. It's shapeless pretty much.

Somebody called up the 1992-93 precedent, which is a complete laugh. Nolan had planned for that a long time. Nobody left early. He brought in a great recruiting class with bona fide stars in it. Complemented them with great role players. They had some brilliant scorers and strong defensive specialists. Well thought out.

Next year's team is going to require a lot of hammering before it retains any recognizable form. If MA can get Beard, Whitt and Watkins to become plus defenders, then they will have a start on something. The frontcourt could go any direction, but they need a different approach in my view. This isn't a lineup that fits with switching man, or full-court pressing. I could see halfcourt pressure D with bigs protecting the paint.

They won't be able to play a lot of MA's defensive stuff unless they get somebody else on the wing, which of course they are trying to do. Fixing the defense absolutely must happen, or next season will be a wreck. That is a more reachable target than replacing the lost scoring.
[CENSORED]!

azhog10

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 23, 2015, 08:26:06 am
Portis and Qualls left early and MA didn't even remotely try to recruit for that contingency, and now he's scrambling.

That means the Hogs are stuck with what they have, and the odds of adding anybody who could help next season are long. Being stuck with what they have isn't good. This isn't a complete mix. We are not talking about this team carrying an identity yet. It's shapeless pretty much.

Somebody called up the 1992-93 precedent, which is a complete laugh. Nolan had planned for that a long time. Nobody left early. He brought in a great recruiting class with bona fide stars in it. Complemented them with great role players. They had some brilliant scorers and strong defensive specialists. Well thought out.

Next year's team is going to require a lot of hammering before it retains any recognizable form. If MA can get Beard, Whitt and Watkins to become plus defenders, then they will have a start on something. The frontcourt could go any direction, but they need a different approach in my view. This isn't a lineup that fits with switching man, or full-court pressing. I could see halfcourt pressure D with bigs protecting the paint.

They won't be able to play a lot of MA's defensive stuff unless they get somebody else on the wing, which of course they are trying to do. Fixing the defense absolutely must happen, or next season will be a wreck. That is a more reachable target than replacing the lost scoring.
All good points, but not what I was speaking to.

hogsanity

Here is the question I have, and have always had about Mike: Will he be willing to coach that way? Nothing in his past say that he will change one thing he normally does.  He will still try to press, and he will still switch every screen. That is, at least, what his entire head coaching career has been. He has never shown one inkling that he is willing to change how he has his teams play.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hogsanity on April 23, 2015, 08:58:07 am
Here is the question I have, and have always had about Mike: Will he be willing to coach that way? Nothing in his past say that he will change one thing he normally does.  He will still try to press, and he will still switch every screen. That is, at least, what his entire head coaching career has been. He has never shown one inkling that he is willing to change how he has his teams play.

What the hell? MA has not coached the same defensive style his entire career. You are missing a lot of years.
[CENSORED]!

azhog10

Quote from: hogsanity on April 23, 2015, 08:58:07 am
And yet again the misinformation and just blatant disregard of facts. But you claim to have nothing against the guy, maybe you should do some research because you actually know very little about him.

HotlantaHog

How do we know that is the case? Has anybody reported that he was surprised by Portis and Qualls leaving and didn't plan for it?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: HotlantaHog on April 23, 2015, 01:22:17 pm
How do we know that is the case? Has anybody reported that he was surprised by Portis and Qualls leaving and didn't plan for it?

Aside from Whitt, Kapita, Monk, and Dime, we certainly didn't bring in too many(any?) players for fall visits, nor were there ...many/any(?) during SEC play. If there were others, please (anyone) feel free to share. 

Recruiting is a multi-year process. The staff knows, sees, and evaluates the juniors and sophomores, not just the seniors and JUCOs at AAU and prep events. The staff knew last summer that there was a good to great chance that Portis and Qualls could leave, and it's on them to be ready when/if it happens.

Sure, our coaches' recruiting efforts on the road can't be verified or likely even doubted. But right now, with our roster now being incomplete, we're reading about the fruit of the their efforts. 
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

mhuff

I am very satisfied with Whitt and Kapita..... However, what I know borders on being negligent. They are a day late and a dollar short most of the time. We are on the verge of the biggest watershed or the biggest bust in 2016. I have questioned some of the schollies they have given. I hope this year they will finish with quality. It appears that they are going for quality in 2016 as the possibilities keep improving. Let's just hope that MA can close.

hogsanity

Quote from: azhog10 on April 22, 2015, 04:45:15 pm
I'm not telling anyone to shut up. But you are asking someone to refute an opinion with facts, but you give no facts to back up your "opinion". Kind of funny you expect one to do what you aren't willing to do.

What's annoying is you spew negativity constantly then complain that others bash you because they just don't want to hear your "truth" when it's not truth, it's your opinion. We can all post whatever garbage we want, but don't expect people to always agree or get tired of your constant complaining.

Where have i complained about being bashed? All I say about that is that ALL posts need to stay within board rules ( no name calling, profanity, etc ). I am perfectly fine with people not agreeing with me.

As tired you say you get of constant complaining, i get just as tired of the constant sunshine some of you pump, and it is usually about the coach as much, if not more than, the team.

Arkansas won a lot of basketball games before Mike Anderson came back as coach, and they will win a lot after he is gone, whenever that is. Mike Anderson is NOT Razorback basketball.

azhog10

Quote from: hogsanity on April 23, 2015, 02:24:02 pm
Arkansas won a lot of basketball games before Mike Anderson came back as coach, and they will win a lot after he is gone, whenever that is. Mike Anderson is NOT Razorback basketball.
We did? We wont 151 games in 9 seasons. That's roughly 16.7 games a season on average. In less than half that time (4 seasons) Mike has won 86 games which is good for 21.5 games on average. Mike would only have to win 13 games a season for the next 5 seasons to match those numbers. Mike ISN'T Razorback basketball, no argument there. But don't act like we were winning A LOT of games before he came back because we were bad for a long time.

hogsanity

Quote from: azhog10 on April 23, 2015, 05:09:00 pm
We did? We wont 151 games in 9 seasons. That's roughly 16.7 games a season on average. In less than half that time (4 seasons) Mike has won 86 games which is good for 21.5 games on average. Mike would only have to win 13 games a season for the next 5 seasons to match those numbers. Mike ISN'T Razorback basketball, no argument there. But don't act like we were winning A LOT of games before he came back because we were bad for a long time.

I am talking about in general, but of course you have to again make it about 1 specific coach. Are you on his payroll? If not, you should be getting paid for your ardent blind defense of him.