• 382,520 Topics
• 21,391 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GameFly for Xbox One???  (Read 518 times)

RBLtoHOG

• All-American Hogvillian
    • Facebook
GameFly for Xbox One???
« on: March 19, 2015, 06:47:59 pm »

Note: Sorry if this has already been discussed. I didn't look very hard.

I finally broke down and bought an Xbox One yesterday (just got back from selling my 360 to my cousin).

I had Gamefly for 360 and just added the One games into my queue.

How does it work? I know when you BUY a game it downloads the full game to your console and you don't need the disk anymore. I'm assuming that when you rent a game from Gamefly, it will some how be different and require the disk to play?

Will it still fully install the game but somehow require the disk to play so people just can't rent a game, download it, send it back immediately, get another, and have every game they get forever?

On the same note, what keeps someone from buying the game, downloading it, and then sharing it with all their friends to download so everyone just has to buy one?

Am I completely off on how this all works? I use to be an expert on all things technology (computers, TVs, gaming consoles, ect.) from about Jr. High through mid-college but now that I'm 28, I know how my parents and grand parents feel, sometimes.  ;)

hvsupastar

Re: GameFly for Xbox One???
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 07:09:54 pm »

If you have a disk, you don't download the entire game to the console. Enough of the game is downloaded so the disk isn't spinning 90 mph while it's in there.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

RBLtoHOG

• Facebook
Re: GameFly for Xbox One???
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 07:35:51 pm »

Oh I gotcha. I guess I was just confused because I read somewhere early on (may have been from pre-launch) that you didn't need the disk after download.

I got COD Advanced Warfare on Disk but my bundle came with AC BF and Unity which I had to download, COD was still a bigger download. I'd prefer still using the disk to save space.

Thanks for the intel!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas