Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014-2015 Regular Season Jump Ball Awards

Started by Breems, March 10, 2015, 01:59:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Breems

Welcome, everyone, to the second annual Regular Season Jump Ball Awards.

After sponsoring this hugely successful event last year, I couldn't wait to dish out the awards this year. Before we start, I just want to say that you're all message board posters in my book. If you don't get an award this year, it doesn't mean you can't receive one next year. Send me a PM if you want to know what weaknesses you need to address during the offseason.

Most Likely to Succeed: PonderinHog. PonderinHog enjoys giving the gift of laughter. He seeks opportunities for jokes and puns at every turn - a man after my own heart. He also possesses one of the best avatars in all of Hogville. I don't quite understand our relationship, but I think it's somewhere between bros and business partners.

Issuer of Rock-Kicking: FCJ. The haters were doomed from the start. Even though rock-kicking duties were assigned with decreasing regularity this year, FCJ fought the good fight in other ways.

Aversion to Grammar: Kevin. Uncle Kevin is one of the few to win a repeat award this year. Kevin must eat punctuation for breakfast, because it's certainly gone by the time he posts. Periods? Nah. Exclamation marks? Forget about it. Question marks? ?

Video Central: Jborohog09. He has a lot of videos.

Houdini Award: HawgAdvocate. When there's something good, on the Razorback court, who ya gonna call? Not HawgAdvocate!

Worst Prediction in the History of Western Civilization: cityhog. cityhog predicted Mike would never finish above .500 in conference here. He's gone now.

Un-Letting Go of the Rope: hogsanity. Never has anyone complained about the Fastest 40 more than hogsanity. When we switched to low-scoring games with 20+ margins, a thread was created to instead point out low offensive production.   

Freshman of the Year: ErieHog. What, Breems? Hasn't ErieHog been here for years? Are you losing your marbles?

ErieHog has indeed been a staple in this community for several years, but only recently was he (re?)assigned to the Jump Ball staff. While his post count certainly took a hit due to his new responsibilities, Jump Ball was cleaner than it has been in years. WilsonHog, please let me know if ErieHog was lazy and did nothing, and I'll revoke the award.

Middle-Grounder: Atlhog1. Few men could stand in front of the preacher and utter "in sickness and in health" more sincerely than our friend, Atlhog1. I mistook him for a Nancy early in his career, but he is the true definition of neutrality. He didn't panic when we sucked, and he didn't start predicting Final Fours when we went beast mode.

Recruiting Videos: The_Iceman. There's no such thing as a sure thing, but there is such thing as The_Iceman replying to any recruiting thread with a YouTube video within 24 hours of the OP.

Numbers Nerd: Adam Stokes. Adam consistently tracks the nerdy stuff like RPIs, BPIs, and bracketology so we don't have to. He's been our source for information since the season began. You know, you love him, now congratulate him.

Post of the Year: Breems.
Quote from: Breems on January 15, 2015, 10:53:30 am
The definition of hogsanity is posting the same thing over and over again and expecting a different reality.
I couldn't remember any others, so I just picked my own. Plus, The_Iceman nominated it in that very thread. Also, I couldn't award myself MVP since I received it last year, so I picked the next best thing.

The Breems (MVP): BBsTheMan. BBsTheMan won the Middle-Grounder award last year for outstanding achievement in neutrality. He was the first to give his acceptance speech, demonstrating his endless drive and passion. I've followed him closely this season, and he continues to better himself as well as those around him and his family.

When things got tough early in the conference season, BBsTheMan and I were members of a very small group who could see through the derp in here. BBsTheMan is the type of man you could offer a Sonic coupon to, and he would simply take it and give it to the nearest nursing home instead.

Quote from: BBsTheMan on February 26, 2014, 05:38:42 pm
Like Lebron, I will strive to somehow get better everyday and #Ipromise to win the MVP (henceforth simply known as The Breems) next year!

Congratulations, BBsTheMan! With great power comes great resources, so you now have full access to my PM inbox.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

The_Iceman

Quote from: Breems on March 10, 2015, 01:59:56 pm
Post of the Year: Breems. I couldn't remember any others, so I just picked my own. Plus, The_Iceman nominated it in that very thread. Also, I couldn't award myself MVP since I received it last year, so I picked the next best thing.

I can't remember a better post than that. He certainly stuck by his Anti-Mike guns all year. I've never seen someone go from "We are focusing too much on scoring and not playing half-court D" to saying "Our scoring is awful".

The_Iceman

Houdini Award: HawgAdvocate. When there's something good, on the Razorback court, who ya gonna call? Not HawgAdvocate!

Worst Prediction in the History of Western Civilization: cityhog. cityhog predicted Mike would never finish above .500 in conference here. He's gone now.

My two favorite awards. At least hogsanity still wanted Arkansas to win, despite his dislike for Mikes style.

These two made hard-lined positions against Mike, and then ran away like mice when the light comes on when Mike started succeeding.

Breems

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 10, 2015, 02:11:50 pm
My two favorite awards. At least hogsanity still wanted Arkansas to win, despite his dislike for Mikes style.

These two made hard-lined positions against Mike, and then ran away like mice when the light comes on when Mike started succeeding.

I certainly want this to be in fun. I suspect those 2 are enjoying the season like everyone else. Just had to reflect on the message board personalities. :)
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

-Blu

LOL Breems, your commentary is awesome +1.  And I like the award for Atlhog1, I had him pegged wrong at the beginning as well, he really is neutral and calls it like it is.

The_Iceman

RazorAg should get the award for most respected voice in evaluating basketball recruits.

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Thepigdoctor

Jborohog09

Great awards list, Breems!  Honored to be a part of it.

This one gave me a good laugh:

Issuer of Rock-Kicking: FCJ. The haters were doomed from the start. Even though rock-kicking duties were assigned with decreasing regularity this year, FCJ fought the good fight in other ways.

cityhog

I've never been so happy to be so wrong. GHG!

The_Iceman

Quote from: cityhog on March 10, 2015, 03:05:16 pm
I've never been so happy to be so wrong. GHG!

I'm glad to hear this. Seriously. A united fanbase behind Mike and this program will go a long way in helping us continue in this upward direction.