Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyrell Reed

Started by redeye, February 01, 2015, 12:35:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redeye

Anyone know about this guy?  He's a 6'4, 345 lb OG from Tampa, FL.  According to his twitter feed, he's on an official visit to Arkansas this weekend, but he may be talking about aSu, because I didn't think we were looking for another OG.  He has offers from Ole Miss, Clemson, Georgia Tech, among others.

http://247sports.com/Player/Tyrell-Reed-55669

https://twitter.com/TyrellReed_77

Hogg_Phan

I can't find where he has an offer from us. Plus there is no tweets about how his visit is going. It does appear though that he was talking about us. Interesting. Maybe if someone who went to the Catfish Hole tonight could say who all was there?
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

Arkansasno1

Maybe taking scholarship #25?
"Be content and resigned to God's will."
~Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

redeye

The only mention of an official visit is when he retweeted someone who appears to work for rivals, because his twitter addy is @njrivals1. I found his name on our 247 board, but I don't subscribe to pay sites, so I don't know what it was about.  According to rivals, he also has an offer from Tennessee.

Finally, I notice he also played NG in high school and wonder if he's being considered for the other side.

Highlights here:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2180555/tyrell-reed

bhavesj92

Holy **** this guy looks 30

trphog

6'4" - 345lbs!!!!!!! That is uncommon.

JackJohnson

February 01, 2015, 06:08:49 am #6 Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 06:23:05 am by JackJohnson
henderson St?

Hogg_Phan

Maybe this is our secret 3* recruit.   ;)
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Arkansasno1 on February 01, 2015, 01:05:21 am
Maybe taking scholarship #25?
Seriously doubt it. If we get Weathersby I think we're definitely more than done at OL this class.

tophawg19

he is a D-line by himself
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

COCHISE

Looks like Josh Allen asked him to follow him. May be something to this. If we have an extra spot, rather than holding on to it and waiting for a LQ, this looks like a solid candidate to give it to.

jgphillips3

He ooks like a DT/nose guard to me.  Offer list isn't anything special other than Clemson.  Maybe we saw a diamond in the rough?  Or maybe it's ASU or elsewhere like someone said.

tophawg19

Ole miss , tenn , Duke , he has a good number of P-5  offers
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hawg1221

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 01, 2015, 09:00:20 am
He ooks like a DT/nose guard to me.  Offer list isn't anything special other than Clemson.  Maybe we saw a diamond in the rough?  Or maybe it's ASU or elsewhere like someone said.

UUUHH...  I think you need to look again.

logand02

Quote from: redeye on February 01, 2015, 12:35:24 am
Anyone know about this guy?  He's a 6'4, 345 lb OG from Tampa, FL.  According to his twitter feed, he's on an official visit to Arkansas this weekend, but he may be talking about aSu, because I didn't think we were looking for another OG.  He has offers from Ole Miss, Clemson, Georgia Tech, among others.

http://247sports.com/Player/Tyrell-Reed-55669

https://twitter.com/TyrellReed_77

The post about the official appears to be gone.  I saw it earlier.  Hmmm

Love those Hogs

Is he committed elsewhere?  Would not be a bad pickup.
Hogs 4 Life!

rpmflash

Quote from: COCHISE on February 01, 2015, 08:57:27 am
Looks like Josh Allen asked him to follow him. May be something to this. If we have an extra spot, rather than holding on to it and waiting for a LQ, this looks like a solid candidate to give it to.

The Josh Allen he is following is an University of Miami (Ohio) Commit.

COCHISE

Quote from: rpmflash on February 01, 2015, 09:58:36 am
The Josh Allen he is following is an University of Miami (Ohio) Commit.
Ahh..thanks.

Love those Hogs

Can anyone confirm whether he came in for an official visit or are we just guessing based off a random tweet?
Hogs 4 Life!

kibster

Quote from: Love those Hogs on February 01, 2015, 10:37:10 am
Can anyone confirm whether he came in for an official visit or are we just guessing based off a random tweet?

Well, his twitter certainly looks like he is coming to Arkansas for a visit.  His last 4 tweets were all about getting on a plane for an official visit to the hogs.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Hog N Bama

Dude belongs in a Hog uniform! Wow tons of offers

yraciv

I don't think he is visiting here. RD would have reported so if that is the case.  In my opinion, he has a lot of uncommitable offers and is scrambling at this point.  With the Henderson State follows it appears he may be looking there, maybe Arkansas State, but I highly doubt he is in Fayetteville.

jjdlc

Not one I see being a super secret visitor, so I figure if he was here then RD would have said something about it.  Still, he looks like a kid the staff might take a look at to fill the last spot if we have one.  Who knows.  The last 2 weeks of recruiting season are so much fun.

kibster

Quote from: yraciv on February 01, 2015, 10:49:46 am
I don't think he is visiting here. RD would have reported so if that is the case.  In my opinion, he has a lot of uncommitable offers and is scrambling at this point.  With the Henderson State follows it appears he may be looking there, maybe Arkansas State, but I highly doubt he is in Fayetteville.

All possible.  His twitter just says  "he is headed to Arkansas" and being the homer that I am, it is easy for me to forget that there are other schools in Arkansas other than the Razorbacks.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

LAHogfan123

Why would he be looking at Henderson State or Arkansas State for that matter if he has offers from North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Duke, Several other lesser schools and someone above mentioned Tennessee which I don't see listed.

kibster

Quote from: LAHogfan123 on February 01, 2015, 10:57:42 am
Why would he be looking at Henderson State or Arkansas State for that matter if he has offers from North Carolina, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Duke, Several other lesser schools and someone above mentioned Tennessee which I don't see listed.

May no longer be commitable (if they ever were in the first place). 

JaketheSnake

Quote from: kibster on February 01, 2015, 11:00:13 am
May no longer be commitable (if they ever were in the first place). 
they wouldn't bring him in at this point if it wasn't commitable imo.  Unless they want him to walk on? 

snoblind

Quote from: JaketheSnake on February 01, 2015, 11:08:06 am
they wouldn't bring him in at this point if it wasn't commitable imo.  Unless they want him to walk on? 

Pretty sure he was talking about the offer list not us.

userpick

He is going to Henderson State.

yraciv

Quote from: userpick on February 01, 2015, 12:35:01 pm
He is going to Henderson State.

Well that would be a huge pickup for the Reddies. One must wonder how much this guy fell off this year to receive all this D1 interest and end up at a D2 school.  Unless it was a lot of fabricated D1 interest.

Seebs

Breathe Stalwart Pine Trees ...
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

lefty08

Since it looks like we won't get Toby he is probably the backup plan
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

secneahog

Quote from: lefty08 on February 01, 2015, 01:11:06 pm

HE'S NOT VISITING US   ...good god.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ricepig

Quote from: lefty08 on February 01, 2015, 01:11:06 pm

Did you not read the post on Henderson St?

lefty08

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2015, 01:12:43 pm
Did you not read the post on Henderson St?

My apologies. I didn't realize the poster who made the statement about Henderson st was the recruiting authority the 2 of you are. I'll just sit over here quietly while the experts discuss the recruits
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ricepig

Quote from: lefty08 on February 01, 2015, 01:32:37 pm
My apologies. I didn't realize the poster who made the statement about Henderson st was the recruiting authority the 2 of you are. I'll just sit over here quietly while the experts discuss the recruits

No problem

userpick

Quote from: lefty08 on February 01, 2015, 01:32:37 pm

I'm no expert. I rarely post in this forum. I just know as of today, he is going to Henderson. If a school like Auburn, Florida, or Florida State offers last minute, he will go there.

redeye

Quote from: logand02 on February 01, 2015, 09:27:11 am
The post about the official appears to be gone.  I saw it earlier.  Hmmm

It's still there for me.  Also see that Richard has started following him.

Wondering.

I saw his name in a thread title on our 247 board, but don't have a subscription there, so I don't know what it was about.  Searched for him and found his twitter feed, including a tweet by a rivals guy who claims he's visiting Arkansas.  However, it appears to be a rivals guy for Rutgers and he could be referring to any Arkansas school.

If he's visiting Arkansas, they may be getting him on campus before offering.

Quote from: LAHogfan123 on February 01, 2015, 10:57:42 am

It shows the Tennessee offer on rivals, but as others have mentioned, it may not be commitable.

redeye

Quote from: userpick on February 01, 2015, 02:20:36 pm
I'm no expert. I rarely post in this forum. I just know as of today, he is going to Henderson. If a school like Auburn, Florida, or Florida State offers last minute, he will go there.

Ah, Henderson State.  Okay, thanks guys!

Music City Hog

He did not visit the university of Arkansas and is not a razorback recruit.  This thread needs to die.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Music City Hog on February 01, 2015, 02:27:31 pm
He did not visit the university of Arkansas and is not a razorback recruit.  This thread needs to die.
Yeah, but he's 6'4", 345, which means he could definitely "fill out" a roster.

fullfan

Would have preferred Jalen Barnett over Reed but gotta trust this staff.  Both are listed as OG.

iHog

Quote from: fullfan on February 01, 2015, 03:17:18 pm
Would have preferred Jalen Barnett over Reed but gotta trust this staff.  Both are listed as OG.

You talk sarcasm very well.

72756Hog

Quote from: redeye on February 01, 2015, 02:22:37 pm

I saw his name in a thread title on our 247 board, but don't have a subscription there, so I don't know what it was about.  Searched for him and found his twitter feed, including a tweet by a rivals guy who claims he's visiting Arkansas.  However, it appears to be a rivals guy for Rutgers and he could be referring to any Arkansas school.

OK said he was definitely not visiting the U of A.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just drag you down to their level and win by experience.

redeye

SquidBilly

Quote from: 72756Hog on February 01, 2015, 03:50:26 pm
OK said he was definitely not visiting the U of A.

So you're saying there is no chance.  I hate when a guy we haven't offered decides to go somewhere else but I guess it's part of recruiting.