Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas loses another 4 star commit in Louis Brown.

Started by Hogg_Phan, January 17, 2015, 01:00:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogg_Phan

Listed as Athlete but projected to play linebacker or defensive end. Maybe our coaches can get on this and get a visit from him.

http://texas.247sports.com/Bolt/Louis-Brown-drops-Texas-pledge-34825314
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

COCHISE

Wow. Left his official visit early. He must have REALLY not liked what he saw or heard not to even finish out the visit.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: COCHISE on January 17, 2015, 01:10:08 pm
Wow. Left his official visit early. He must have REALLY not liked what he saw or heard not to even finish out the visit.

I guess he thought no guns as a core value was stupid as well

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

WooPig90

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

DeltaBoy

LOL losing to the lowly Hogs +a losing season is sinking Texas Recruiting like the Titanic.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 17, 2015, 01:42:49 pm
LOL losing to the lowly Hogs +a losing season is sinking Texas Recruiting like the Titanic.

That reduces them to a max of 25 commits and their team ranking between #8-11 on the services. Not too shabby

aloha_kid

Had a bunch of LB's committed and quite a few DE's.  Must have felt he'd be on the outside looking in.

That and Baylor and TCU are the new hotness in Tejas.

sickboy

Quote from: aloha_kid on January 17, 2015, 02:33:00 pm
Had a bunch of LB's committed and quite a few DE's.  Must have felt he'd be on the outside looking in.

That and Baylor and TCU are the new hotness in Tejas.

If you're a LB and you've got a TCU offer... you have to seriously consider it.

opineonswine

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 17, 2015, 01:50:25 pm
That reduces them to a max of 25 commits and their team ranking between #8-11 on the services. Not too shabby

The weird thing is that's probably below their "normal" ranking of top 5.  But even with year after year of top 5, they looked terrible on the field against us.

redeye

Don't know about the other services, but their average player rating isn't much higher then ours on 247 (88.53 to 88.12).  They'll probably fall a few spots when teams behind them add more players.

redeye

Quote from: opineonswine on January 17, 2015, 02:52:18 pm
The weird thing is that's probably below their "normal" ranking of top 5.  But even with year after year of top 5, they looked terrible on the field against us.

While that's true, their last 2 classes finished 17th on 247 and they've had a lot of injuries and attrition.

PigTimePlayer

Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

ImHogginIt

Quote from: opineonswine on January 17, 2015, 02:52:18 pm

Strong will change the softie culture they have there right now. Probably take this class and next to do it but he will get them back as a top 10 team pretty soon

I'm not a Horn fan but do like Strong

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 17, 2015, 04:03:01 pm
Strong will change the softie culture they have there right now. Probably take this class and next to do it but he will get them back as a top 10 team pretty soon

I don't know about top 10, but I see a top 25 type team.

Wooderson

It's also possible he did something they didn't like on his visit and was asked to leave.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

hoglady

Charlie Strong didn't forget how to recruit just because he went to Texas, he did a fine job at Louisville.
I hate that he's at Texas because I really like him - and I really hate Texas.
I don't know why everyone wants to make fun of his core values rules.
I remember when he was first hired and that list came out most on here thought it was great that he was attempting to clean that program up.
He's being realistic - in today's world youth with guns a problem.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

aloha_kid

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 17, 2015, 04:03:01 pm

Not sure how long he'll have to get things turned around.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: aloha_kid on January 17, 2015, 06:56:02 pm
Not sure how long he'll have to get things turned around.

A QB that's halfway worth a crap would help. Blows my mind that Texas has not had one in several years.

ChicoHog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 17, 2015, 07:25:06 pm
A QB that's halfway worth a crap would help. Blows my mind that Texas has not had one in several years.
Since Colt McCoy.  Same problem as UF and LSU. 

JackJohnson

FYI Robb Smith just started following this kid today...

aloha_kid

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 17, 2015, 07:25:06 pm

They've recruited them ... they just haven't developed them.

Hawgzinbowlz

hawgwash

Quote from: aloha_kid on January 17, 2015, 08:41:24 pm
They've recruited them to play DB.

ldfergu

HOGINTENNESSEE

rzrbk4life

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 17, 2015, 08:27:12 pm
FYI Robb Smith just started following this kid today...

Go get him coach! We could use this kid
Let's call those hogs!!!!

arlhog

For what it's worth, I think he'll be driving a new car like Stidham and wearing green and yellow in Waco next year.

jackflash

at 6-5 215 If I was Arkansas I would call to see if he is interested. We could tell him we have a need for LB and he would have a real shot at playing as a freshman. Coach Jennings is the one I would send or have call

The Deuce™

We should contact him and gauge interest because we could certainly use him. The worst he can do is say no thanks. Love hearing all things negative when it comes to Texas  ::hornsdown::

cardinalandwhite

I heard from a Texas fan (so consider the source here, could be bitter) that he sneaked out to a strip club and Strong showed him the door.

Then I saw this today:

http://www.hornsports.com/forums/topic/9448-louis-brown-decommits-during-ov/
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

TNRazorbacker

Not for Texas. They open their front doors and a couple four stars fall in. No excuse for them not to be recruiting top 5 every year. They have nothing but advantages.

ChicoHog

Quote from: aloha_kid on January 17, 2015, 08:41:24 pm
Yes and they also have had a lot of injuries there. 

JIHawg

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Prestworthy

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 19, 2015, 02:50:55 pm
I expect the Shorthorns to lose some more.
He can play WR, right?  Exit KJ, enter Louis Brown.

wholehog92

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on January 18, 2015, 02:46:30 pm
I heard from a Texas fan (so consider the source here, could be bitter) that he sneaked out to a strip club and Strong showed him the door.

Then I saw this today:

http://www.hornsports.com/forums/topic/9448-louis-brown-decommits-during-ov/
He probably wanted a different club than the whorns were providing.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Sivad

booogaga

Personally who cares if a kid goes to a strip club. As long as he is of age. Does not drink, do drugs, or break the law whats the big deal?
GO HOGS!

ldfergu

Quote from: booogaga on January 20, 2015, 09:53:28 am
Personally who cares if a kid goes to a strip club. As long as he is of age. Does not drink, do drugs, or break the law whats the big deal?

If you're trying to run a clean program such as Strong or Bielema and you bring a kid in on an official visit paid by the school and he sneaks out to go to a strip club - you honestly don't think there will be problems in the future?  C'mon Man

You recruit your problems

booogaga

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on January 20, 2015, 10:08:47 am
If you're trying to run a clean program such as Strong or Bielema and you bring a kid in on an official visit paid by the school and he sneaks out to go to a strip club - you honestly don't think there will be problems in the future?  C'mon Man

good point. lol

But hey whats the problem with making it rain a couple hundos courtesy of the University of Texas. It helps that poor girls college funds.
GO HOGS!

discombobulationist

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on January 20, 2015, 10:08:47 am

Probably not the best move, but I find it hard to believe that he went alone and it was all his idea. My guess is that whatever players were sponsoring him probably talked him into it and took him. Don't know, don't care, I just like to see Texas fail.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

The Recruiting Guy