Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, January 11, 2015, 09:12:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razinhail

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

intoxhog

wait.... at about 8:30 people said hill was tweeting he is all hog? What gives?
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

AugustaHog

Well...if the loss of mediocre coaches causes you to waiver in your commitment, you really didn't want to be committed anyways.  This seems to me to be a way of saying I'm not sure anymore, and it's on you and not me.  Not buying it.

whippersnapper

Hill will be a hog. He and Gragg have said this whole time they are a combo and Gragg is already enrolled. 

BoynamedWooPigSooie

If Hill says Chaney leaving caused him to look around, it's an excuse and really not a very good one.

Gonna be sad when KJ Hill makes Canaan Sandy cry.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

AugustaHog

KJ Hill is a great player and his addition would be important and impactful.  The hire of a Robb Smith caliber OC, however, supersedes the value of any one player.  I hope he sticks by his word, if not the Hogs will keep on clicking without him.  Altee and Frazier didn't cripple us and neither would this.  Be a Hog and help be a part of the new OC's vision for a championship run KJ!

zane

RIP LSUfan

PorkRinds

It will  likely depend on who is hired  and how well he clicks with KJ. That said, chaney wasn't his lead recruiter and if he leaves it will likley be that this gave him an out that he was already looking for.

rolyat_2008

Quote from: whippersnapper on January 11, 2015, 09:30:16 pm
Hill will be a hog. He and Gragg have said this whole time they are a combo and Gragg is already enrolled. 
It has been said tonight that Hill's decision won't be made off of friendships but rather how he will be utilized and the philosophy.

Hogsmo Kramer

I'm wondering if Hill was already wavering and this makes his decision easier and gives him an easy excuse.

I don't know and I hope that's not the case since I'd love him to be a hog and we need a receiver like him in this class. 

Hopefully whoever we get will be able to keep him committed but regardless I hope we get a good OC regardless of KJ's decision one way or another.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on January 11, 2015, 09:46:15 pm
I'm wondering if Hill was already wavering and this makes his decision easier and gives him an easy excuse.

I don't know and I hope that's not the case since I'd love him to be a hog and we need a receiver like him in this class. 

Hopefully whoever we get will be able to keep him committed but regardless I hope we get a good OC regardless of KJ's decision one way or another.

Exactly my thoughts.

navyhog24

Hawgzinbowlz

Merrick coming makes my day.
If K.J. wants out, he has a reason.

" GO HOGS "

FATHAWG08

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on January 11, 2015, 09:32:43 pm
If Hill says Chaney leaving caused him to look around, it's an excuse and really not a very good one.

Gonna be sad when KJ Hill makes Canaan Sandy cry.
My thinking as well. Hill goes from  saying he is going to help in recruiting this class after his verbal, to jumping on the fence. I just wished Reed would get his eligibility. It's time to get on the bus.CBB has made it clear he did not want any in state kids to commit if they were not all in. I have no problem with him going to Bama if that's what he wants.
I love off season Football!!

muddhogger

A player should commit to the school and program, not a coach. Coaches come and go but arkansas pride and tradition is forever. #bearkansas

Tusks

I don't think it's all that bad.  If KJ wants to make sure the new OC has a good fit for him, I don't think that's a problem.  If BB hires a dud OC, which I don't think he will, and KJ sees a future then he will be a hog.

If Bellard is hired and the hogs go back to the wishbone then KJ probably won't be a hog and don't really blame him.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Calling All Hogs

Hill has made it clear on twitter that nothing has changed at this time. His step father has just said things are uncertain right now. People need to calm down.

FATHAWG08

A player is utilized by his ability. If you are good enough to get open and separate from  the DB you should get plenty of chances to makes plays. If you are good enough to get on the field. Bama 2015 class is loaded at WR.

Steef

Let's make sure our comments about this young man....are inviting.

FATHAWG08

Calvin Johnson went to Georgia Tech, which runs the wishbone. I think he lead the nation in yards per catch in college,He was a 1st round pick. If you have the skills to play you will get the chance.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: tusked on January 11, 2015, 09:54:02 pm
I don't think it's all that bad.  If KJ wants to make sure the new OC has a good fit for him, I don't think that's a problem.  If BB hires a dud OC, which I don't think he will, and KJ sees a future then he will be a hog.

If Bellard is hired and the hogs go back to the wishbone then KJ probably won't be a hog and don't really blame him.
exactly this.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

mclyte

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on January 11, 2015, 10:02:03 pm
Calvin Johnson went to Georgia Tech, which runs the wishbone. I think he lead the nation in yards per catch in college,He was a 1st round pick. If you have the skills to play you will get the chance.

They didn't run that offense when he was there. However, Demaryius Thomas was there when they ran that offense and he's a stud.

sickboy

The most important coach is still here and that's Coach B. He's righted the ship and built the foundation. He's going to find a solid OC and we'll be just fine.

I'm sure Hill and the other recruits can see that. They're smart kids or they wouldn't have chosen us in the first place.

FATHAWG08

Quote from: mclyte on January 11, 2015, 10:12:01 pm
They didn't run that offense when he was there. However, Demaryius Thomas was there when they ran that offense and he's a stud.
you are correct

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on January 11, 2015, 10:19:03 pm
Are you 100% sure about that?

HC was Chan Gailey. He was a pro coach. They ran the option before and after Gailey, though not while he was there.
This is my non-signature signature.

hawg1221

RD says...  Offensive line commitment Jalen Merrick reported to Fayetteville today.

He's already here??

onebadrubi

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 11, 2015, 10:26:27 pm
RD says...  Offensive line commitment Jalen Merrick reported to Fayetteville today.

He's already here??

Yup!  Which solidifies he was a silent commit for at least a few days

Break & Run

I see Ole Pettway leaving before Hill. Hill and Gragg and great friends and really want to play together. If we get an OC that has any rep of throwing the ball, Hill will be all hog.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

onebadrubi

Quote from: Break & Run on January 11, 2015, 10:30:32 pm
I see Ole Pettway leaving before Hill. Hill and Gragg and great friends and really want to play together. If we get an OC that has any rep of throwing the ball, Hill will be all hog.

I think these three want to rival wright, Adams, child's, and Gragg.  At least that's what I'm hoping.  Noticed as soon as hill went public  pettway was right behind him?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 11, 2015, 10:30:26 pm
Yup!  Which solidifies he was a silent commit for at least a few days

I think he sent the tweet when he got off the plane at XNA

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 11, 2015, 10:33:00 pm
I think these three want to rival wright, Adams, child's, and Gragg.  At least that's what I'm hoping.  Noticed as soon as hill went public  pettway was right behind him?

If thats the case then we should have kept Cheney. I loved petrinos offense and would love to see these boys rival those guys.

We will need a pass-minded OC that will use our run-game to set up the pass. At least thats what I wish for

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on January 11, 2015, 11:02:41 pm
At least thats what I wish for

I believe this part. We won't flip the entire offense 180 degrees. We will run first to set up play action.

PorkRinds

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on January 11, 2015, 11:02:41 pm
If thats the case then we should have kept Cheney. I loved petrinos offense and would love to see these boys rival those guys.

We will need a pass-minded OC that will use our run-game to set up the pass. At least thats what I wish for

That's not going to happen under CBB.

WBC Hog

Does anybody know when the dead period is over? My guess is 7 minutes ago but not real sure.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: WBC Hog on January 12, 2015, 12:08:15 am
Does anybody know when the dead period is over? My guess is 7 minutes ago but not real sure.
About a week ago
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

RAZORHOGG15

Quote from: WBC Hog on January 12, 2015, 12:08:15 am
I believe it goes through the 15th
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: RAZORHOGG15 on January 12, 2015, 12:17:12 am
I believe it goes through the 15th
It ended last monday at 12 am.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

SPAL

Quote from: muddhogger on January 11, 2015, 09:50:31 pm
A player should commit to the school and program, not a coach. Coaches come and go but arkansas pride and tradition is forever. #bearkansas

But we hope the new guy brings some recruits with him....things that make me question a lot of mentality

pigture perfect

Are any other sights projecting that coach Michael Smith is going for certain?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 11, 2015, 11:12:15 pm
That's not going to happen under CBB.

I dont really understand that TBH. CBB wants a running first offense but wants a balanced offense too. Say he wants 55/45 run/pass.

Whats the REAL difference between that and an offense that slightly more pass happy than run happy?? Say 55/45 the other way? Who's to say we wouldnt be a better team if we had players like KJ/Gragg/Henry/Pettway to rival Wright/Adams/Gragg/DJ Williams etc. and thus passed more?

Chaney was perfect for that IMO. We MAY get someone better as an OC, and I certainly hope so. But be careful what you wish for. We may wind up with worse than we had too.

ricepig

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on January 12, 2015, 12:27:59 am
It ended last monday at 12 am.

Dead period Dec 15, 2014-Jan 14, 2015

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/resources/recruiting-calendars/2014-15-recruiting-calendars

The coaches wouldn't be at their convention if recruiting was ongoing, or the CFB finals.

jgphillips3

KJ Hill was wavering while Chaney was still here so the way I see it is a really good hire could shore him up.

Redhogs

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on January 11, 2015, 09:46:15 pm

No need to wonder....he flat stated 2 weeks ago that he was 50/50 Arkansas/Alabama...NEVER been a solid commit. These Arkansas guys going to Al. or Auburn for that matter never learn. It dosen't turn out well for them. We'll see.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hawg1221

I have a recruiting question.  Merrick commits and reports to Arkansas on Sunday.  He can't officially enroll until Monday morning.  It's also a dead period in recruiting, which means no contact.  So when he flew in yesterday, whose allowed to pick him up?  It can't be coaches or players, right???

PorkRinds

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on January 12, 2015, 06:32:16 am
I dont really understand that TBH. CBB wants a running first offense but wants a balanced offense too. Say he wants 55/45 run/pass.

Whats the REAL difference between that and an offense that slightly more pass happy than run happy?? Say 55/45 the other way? Who's to say we wouldnt be a better team if we had players like KJ/Gragg/Henry/Pettway to rival Wright/Adams/Gragg/DJ Williams etc. and thus passed more?

Chaney was perfect for that IMO. We MAY get someone better as an OC, and I certainly hope so. But be careful what you wish for. We may wind up with worse than we had too.

I liked Chaney, and I'm not really happy he's gone.  But your wish just isn't going to happen.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 12, 2015, 08:52:31 am
I have a recruiting question.  Merrick commits and reports to Arkansas on Sunday.  He can't officially enroll until Monday morning.  It's also a dead period in recruiting, which means no contact.  So when he flew in yesterday, whose allowed to pick him up?  It can't be coaches or players, right???

I'm pretty sure players or someone could.  But if nothing else, he could get a cab to the school. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 12, 2015, 08:52:31 am

Who said he didn't drive?  Assumptions say fly, but maybe he set 4pm because he left the house extremely early and that was his arrival time in Fayetteville or maybe when he crossed into Arkansas state lines? 

JIHawg

Here's Bielema's speech to KJ-Under Cheney, we were 100 in the nation in passing.  That is not acceptable.  Our new OC, Coach Passhappy, has a track record of being top 25 in the nation.  That's why we made the change.  Your role on this team just got upgraded, will be more important.

Or something like that.

HawgCan

If KJ flips and goes somewhere else then he really never wanted to be a Razorback!  Hope he stays a Hog but if his heart is not in it I don't want him to come here.