Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vegas sports guy schooling Bo on his show

Started by lechon, January 02, 2015, 04:48:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lechon

Vegas sports guy bringing facts to the table
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

Prestworthy

Hog Villager

Crap I'm missing it. Surprised bo isn't just cutting him off / changing the subject. That's his usual m.o.
"I may live in a bubble, but it's my bubble and it's painted Hog Red"

lechon

He was giving great examples of the SEC being over rated
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

ricepig

gohogs13

Are you listending to the same thing I was?  Bo stated SEC is still most competitive league, can't argue that.  Big 12 is 1-4 in bowl games this year.  SEC gets most NFL recruits, most 1st round players drafted, etc.  The guys argument was how Mizzou comes into the league and makes it to SEC championship back to back years. Bo reminds him how terrible the East is and he is correct on that.  While it's true SEC might have been down this year, it has been the most dominant and competitive league in the past 9 years.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

lechon

if you try to be unbiased he was spot on with his criticism

urkillnmesmalls

They'll be saying that until the SEC wins another NC now.  They've been waiting to do this forever.  It doesn't diminish the fact that the SEC has played for the NC in the last 8 years, and won it 7 of them.  One season out of it doesn't mean the sky is falling for the SEC. 

I do think that having Malzahn (hated or not), the success that Ole Miss and MSU are having, is helping to even things out a little for the mighty Bama.  I also think TAMU will pull a few kids from LSU, and probably even that out a little too.  But I think this was a blip on the radar. 

Having said that, it's hard to argue that OSU may be great in the years to come.  The fact that their 3rd string QB can perform like that is pretty impressive.     
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

rljjr

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 02, 2015, 05:03:52 pm
They'll be saying that until the SEC wins another NC now.  They've been waiting to do this forever.  It doesn't diminish the fact that the SEC has played for the NC in the last 8 years, and won it 7 of them.  One season out of it doesn't mean the sky is falling for the SEC. 

I do think that having Malzahn (hated or not), the success that Ole Miss and MSU are having, is helping to even things out a little for the mighty Bama.  I also think TAMU will pull a few kids from LSU, and probably even that out a little too.  But I think this was a blip on the radar. 

Having said that, it's hard to argue that OSU may be great in the years to come.  The fact that their 3rd string QB can perform like that is pretty impressive.     

Well, yes, but OSU's QB didn't come to play school. :-)

WarPig88

The SEC goes 5-5 in bowl games and is considered down.

Even though I believe it was down in terms of dominant teams this year, it was still the deepest conference by far.

regi

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 02, 2015, 05:03:52 pm

That is more of a knock on the Big 10, than anyone. For tOSU to have that much depth at qb, compared to the dead weight starters other Big 10 teams have, is sad. They will dominate Big 10, but not really worried about them on national scale. Urban emploded at a better job, UF. It want last at tOSU either.

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

It's funny all these self-appointed "experts" come out of the closet now. Where was all the "SEC is over-rated" talk all season?

Like when Auburn was beating Kansas St. in Manhattan, LSU was beating Wisconsin on a neutral field or OM dogging Boise on a neutral field 35-13. You know, the same Boise that just beat a Pac 12 division champion...

Oh, but that was early in the season, they will say. So was Va Tech thumping Ohio State in Columbus, didn't keep OSU out of the playoff.

It's funny how the spin doctors cherry pick certain results that favor their arguments. If the early season doesn't matter, why play it?

Then they want to compare scores, but ONLY when it favors their POV. How about this:

WV over Baylor
Baylor over TCU.

Shouldn't that make WV better than TCU? It didn't work out that way however.

How about ECU over Va tech who beat Ohio State, ECU over Ohio St. then would be logical, right? NO it would be silly.

Just idiots wanting to argue like bar stool philosophers is what it is.

The SEC West record of 11-4 vs the East in 2014 is no way negated by the East winning more Bowl games.

The Pac 12 is having a nice run in Bowls. 2 of the 5 victims had Interim coaches. The only marquee win for the Pac 12 is Oregon over FSU.

The other Pac 12 wins: USC over Neb. (Yawn)
Good game to watch, interim coach for NU...

AZ St. over Duke. Big whoop, beat up a basketball school...

Stanford over Maryland. See above.

Utah over Colorado St. interim coach.

Break up the Pac 12! next season when Mannion, Mariota, Hundley and maybe the guy at USC are in the NFL, let's see what they do.

The SEC lost McCarron, Manziel, Metzenberger, Connor Shaw, and Murray after last season. ALL the best or among the best QBs ever at their schools either in stats, wins or BOTH. There was bound to be a dropoff at QB in the league in 2014.

The argument preseason was Marshall, Prescott or Bo Wallace for 1st team All-SEC. That tell ya' anything?

Marshall had a good season, greatly improved as a passer, but his defense had no pass rush and went to pieces as the season went on with Mr Mediocrity, Ellis Johnson at the helm. They couldn't just outscore everyone in 2014 and other than the OM game, didn't get the breaks like 2013.

Prescott has great ability but had few starts and little experience coming in.

And Bo Wallace was Bo Wallace. He is Brett Favre without the rocket arm (and with considerably less ability) making similar bonehead plays with the game on the line like Old #4 so often did.

The league will be better as the QBs get better. Look at TCU last year. 4-8 with the same QB. Trevone Boykin was at least 100 times better in 2014. Jake Watters at KSU, Petty at Baylor are guys the Little 12 will have to replace.

It was a transition for QBs in the SEC, still the league was two shanked FGs, and two Blake Sims INTs from being 8-3. Maybe a botched call from 9-2 as LSU probably scored a TD right before half with everybody winning but the over rated MS schools...
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

SloppinItandLovnIt

Quote from: lechon on January 02, 2015, 04:48:21 pm
Bo actually conducted himself quite well. The so called expert made a complete ass out of himself and by the end of it was screaming into his phone. Bo clowned him and didnt have to say a word
Welcome to Arkansas, well if there is nothing to bitch about we will just make something up.

SloppinItandLovnIt

I have seen Mike from Stuttgart show more restraint if it werent for the Paulie walnuts accent i would have sworn they were twins
Welcome to Arkansas, well if there is nothing to bitch about we will just make something up.

hawg IQ

Quote from: SloppinItandLovnIt on January 02, 2015, 06:02:40 pm
I have seen Mike from Stuttgart show more restraint if it werent for the Paulie walnuts accent i would have sworn they were twins
While I think the ducks are legit and will win national championship this year, teams going against Alabama type teams every Saturday doesn't happen in pac 12 or big 10, at least not as often.
  Besides the level of competition each week, more good players will get hurt over long season with teams just get beat down emotionally and physically in SEC.
  But go back and look at last ten years and see how many sec either won or played in national championship. So this year its somebody else, BIG DEAL !
  Isn't it a  "Blind hogs find an acorn" now and again kind of thing.

All of a sudden a few loud mouth wanna be sport gurus know its alls, laying claims SEC is over rated- GIVE ME A BREAK..and get a life.
go hogs go !

Mr. Prozac

He had as much anti-SEC bias as the SEC Network has pro-SEC bias.

Bowl games are as much about who is hungriest as who is better. Everybody wants to beat the SEC... Any SEC team. They're as tired of hearing about the SEC as we were about the ACC in basketball a few years. They've learned to hate the SEC chants.

Notre Dame: wanted it more.
GA Tech: wanted it more.
TCU: huge chip on their shoulder.
Wisconsin: seemed to play harder.
OSU: hungrier--and you could see it in the way they played.

Same was true in the Texas Bowl: Arkansas wanted it more than Texas, and the Hogs played to the best of their abilities.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Mr. Prozac on January 02, 2015, 06:44:50 pm
He had as much anti-SEC bias as the SEC Network has pro-SEC bias.

(Often)Bowl games are as much about who is hungriest as who is better. Everybody wants to beat the SEC... Any SEC team. They're as tired of hearing about the SEC as we were about the ACC in basketball a few years. They've learned to hate the SEC chants.

Notre Dame: wanted it more.
GA Tech: wanted it more.
TCU: huge chip on their shoulder.
Wisconsin: seemed to play harder.
OSU: hungrier--and you could see it in the way they played.

Same was true in the Texas Bowl: Arkansas wanted it more than Texas, and the Hogs played to the best of their abilities.
Agree.

I suspect that if you ask a SEC team, before the season started, if they would rather win against Bama, Aubbie, LSU (or any other SEC west team) OR win their bowl, they would all say the SEC West team (unless it's the championship games).

Pathogen

Quote from: gohogs13 on January 02, 2015, 04:55:07 pm
Are you listending to the same thing I was?

gohogs13 schooling lechon on his own thread.

The NewEra

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on January 02, 2015, 05:52:27 pm
It's funny all these self-appointed "experts" come out of the closet now. Where was all the "SEC is over-rated" talk all season?

Like when Auburn was beating Kansas St. in Manhattan, LSU was beating Wisconsin on a neutral field or OM dogging Boise on a neutral field 35-13. You know, the same Boise that just beat a Pac 12 division champion...

Oh, but that was early in the season, they will say. So was Va Tech thumping Ohio State in Columbus, didn't keep OSU out of the playoff.

It's funny how the spin doctors cherry pick certain results that favor their arguments. If the early season doesn't matter, why play it?

Then they want to compare scores, but ONLY when it favors their POV. How about this:

WV over Baylor
Baylor over TCU.

How about ECU over Va tech who beat Ohio State, ECU over Ohio St. then would be logical, right? NO it would be silly.

The SEC West record of 11-4 vs the East in 2014 is no way negated by the East winning more Bowl games.

The Pac 12 is having a nice run in Bowls. 2 of the 5 victims had Interim coaches. The only marquee win for the Pac 12 is Oregon over FSU.

Break up the Pac 12! next season when Mannion, Mariota, Hundley and maybe the guy at USC are in the NFL, let's see what they do.

The SEC lost McCarron, Manziel, Metzenberger, Connor Shaw, and Murray after last season. ALL the best or among the best QBs ever at their schools either in stats, wins or BOTH. There was bound to be a dropoff at QB in the league in 2014.

The argument preseason was Marshall, Prescott or Bo Wallace for 1st team All-SEC. That tell ya' anything?

Marshall had a good season, greatly improved as a passer, but his defense had no pass rush and went to pieces as the season went on with Mr Mediocrity, Ellis Johnson at the helm. They couldn't just outscore everyone in 2014 and other than the OM game, didn't get the breaks like 2013.

And Bo Wallace was Bo Wallace. He is Brett Favre without the rocket arm (and with considerably less ability) making similar bonehead plays with the game on the line like Old #4 so often did.

The league will be better as the QBs get better. Look at TCU last year. 4-8 with the same QB. Trevone Boykin was at least 100 times better in 2014. Jake Watters at KSU, Petty at Baylor are guys the Little 12 will have to replace.

It was a transition for QBs in the SEC, still the league was two shanked FGs, and two Blake Sims INTs from being 8-3. Maybe a botched call from 9-2 as LSU probably scored a TD right before half with everybody winning but the over rated MS schools...

That sir, was one excellent analysis!

razorjack12

Paul Howard is a dork.   He overly exaggerates.  Case in point:  He said that OU blew out Alabama last year.

Oh really?

So Alabama has the ball with under two minutes to play, down by 7....and they are getting blown out?

This guy has little credibility.

popcornhog

Quote from: lechon on January 02, 2015, 04:48:21 pm

This takes the cake for the most bizarre thread I've ever read. Or at least the most vague.
WPS

slim72315

WV over Baylor
Baylor over TCU.

Spot on!!!!

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: WarPig88 on January 02, 2015, 05:17:26 pm
The SEC goes 5-5 in bowl games and is considered down.

Even though I believe it was down in terms of dominant teams this year, it was still the deepest conference by far.

This.  You know just how strong your conference is when that conference goes .500 (should have been .700 if the refs didn't hose LSU and Auburn didn't have such a poorly prepared team), and all anybody wants to talk about is how down the conference is. Down indeed.  It's called SEC envy.   

Choctaw Hog

WV over Baylor
Baylor over TCU.

Great recap.  It's called SEC envy. 

Danny J

hobhog

Be great if everyone would stop aiming for Sec and quit giving us their best shot every OOC game but that's not reality. Everyone knows, including recruits, who best conference is....

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: regi on January 02, 2015, 05:20:52 pm
That is more of a knock on the Big 10, than anyone. For tOSU to have that much depth at qb, compared to the dead weight starters other Big 10 teams have, is sad. They will dominate Big 10, but not really worried about them on national scale. Urban emploded at a better job, UF. It want last at tOSU either.

NO WAY I'm putting the t in front of OSU, and I think saying "THE" before it is ludicrous.  I was in Columbus for a business meeting once an I simply asked why they felt the need to clarify that it was "THE" Ohio State University, and was there another one that it might be confused for.  I felt some stares go right through me. 

I could argue just the opposite of your viewpoint.  I think he's MUCH less likely to implode, because he's in a position now where he's nearing Saban's recruiting advantage of having to turn kids away.  Until Harbaugh starts winning at UM, he'll get first choice at every top D1 recruit in Yankee land, and some from SEC land due to his ties.  I think it will be much easier where he is now, and all he needs to do is manage 1 NC, and he'll be there forever more.  He took a big step toward that by beating Bama in year 3.   

Talking implosion though...he rolled the dice by putting 12 gauge in harm's way that often.  Had he gone down early, they would have had nothing, and the OSU fans would have been up in arms.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Fayettechill14

No conference is stronger than the SEC, and no division is better than the SEC West. The West hasn't been the super-human, juggernaut division some made it out to be in October - thanks to the Mississippi schools' collapse - but it's still the best division in college football bar none.

popcornhog

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on January 03, 2015, 01:05:16 pm
No conference is stronger than the SEC, and no division is better than the SEC West. The West hasn't been the super-human, juggernaut division some made it out to be in October - thanks to the Mississippi schools' collapse - but it's still the best division in college football bar none.

That's fair. Especially at the bottom. It's definitely the deepest division.

Clearly OSU can compete with and beat Alabama. The Mississippi schools and LSU are obviously very beatable.

Interestingly, if UF wins, the SEC will be undefeated in bowl season.
WPS

HF#1

Everybody is overreacting because the SEC West had a bad bowl season.  It is what it is.  There is stat after stat proving that the SEC is still the best league in the country, and it's not close.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: regi on January 02, 2015, 05:20:52 pm

I thought he got horizontal with a co-Ed... Probably just rumors...

Doesn't change the fact that you're allergic to spell/grammar check...  LOL..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on January 03, 2015, 01:05:16 pm

I agree, but boy...the commentators are LOVING every minute of being able to take jabs at the SEC.  And Lou Holtz already said that Notre Dame should be ranked in the top 4 pre-season next year and would be one of the 4 playoff teams at the end, so right off the bat the SEC is fighting for one of the remaining three spots.   :D