Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret Bielema give "horns down" while taking picture with Strong

Started by Augustus, December 27, 2014, 02:13:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkerOinker

Quote from: hoglady on December 27, 2014, 03:22:19 pm
It really has nothing to with Texas or the horns down sign.
It has to do with the Arkansas sports media SHOULD NEVER, EVER be a part of altering a photo of the Razorback head football coach.
Our coach should be treated with more respect than that.

^^^^This^^^^
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

hoghiker

Quote from: hoglady on December 27, 2014, 03:22:19 pm
It really has nothing to with Texas or the horns down sign.
It has to do with the Arkansas sports media SHOULD NEVER, EVER be a part of altering a photo of the Razorback head football coach.
Our coach should be treated with more respect than that.

Sorta like the Pope. It's frickin football.

whippersnapper

Quote from: PorkerOinker on December 27, 2014, 03:23:51 pm
^^^^This^^^^
Reminded me of the media woman that wore the Florida hat to a Petrino PC. Gone the next day

marty houston

I promise you, and anyone who knows Aaron knows, he does not know how to use PhotoShop.  This picture was taken with his I phone right in front of him.  It is authentic, weather Bielema meant to do this is another debate, but the picture is not altered.

Dr. Starcs

I hope you are right Marty.

If CBB wants to do it, it's his prerogative. But a media member has no business doing this.

marty houston

I am absolutely right, I sat right next to AP during the press conference.  He took 7 pictures, the last one is where it shows up. 

hoglady

Quote from: hoghiker on December 27, 2014, 03:25:17 pm
Sorta like the Pope. It's frickin football.

Again - not the point.
Beliema should be in control of his own image - literally and figuratively.
I would bet - if this is a photoshop by a media member Coach B is probably not too happy about it.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: hoglady on December 27, 2014, 02:43:30 pm
I agree.
What is he a 15 year old kid?
Unprofessional and a really stupid thing to do.
If Beliema wants to give the Horns down sign - he will.
Don't need ignorant Arkansas media doing it for him.

You don't watch a lot of sports do you?

gmarv

well I personally love it.photoshopped or not the downward horn sign should be required by all hog people period.

hogfanmd

Photo shopped or not it is being reported on cbs, other media outlets as real
Google Bret Bielema and coach strong and is every where

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: marty houston on December 27, 2014, 03:28:09 pm
I promise you, and anyone who knows Aaron knows, he does not know how to use PhotoShop.  This picture was taken with his I phone right in front of him.  It is authentic, weather Bielema meant to do this is another debate, but the picture is not altered.

It appears you are incorrect. The picture is altered.

https://twitter.com/trey1037TheBuzz/status/548938953936474112/photo/1

hoglady

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on December 27, 2014, 03:33:53 pm
You don't watch a lot of sports do you?

I watch sports all the time.
Don't recall an Arkansas media member photoshop a picture of a coach and pass it off as real.
Sure media people will put up funny photos of coaches that are altered. You know they are altered, it's a joke from the get go.
This is not the same thing.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: hoglady on December 27, 2014, 03:33:50 pm
Again - not the point.
I would bet - if this is a photoshop by a media member Coach B is probably not too happy about it.

Then why don't you get fired up over the morons that have derogatory, photoshopped images of our Coach in their Avatars? Where is your indignation and anger over some of Hogville's Motho's? Give me a break with your bs and that moron Starc too.

If you are a public figure in today's society, you will zero control over your image. Anyone can do anything to it and post it anywhere... Relax, there are other things in this world to get upset about.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hoglady on December 27, 2014, 03:39:38 pm
I watch sports all the time.
Don't recall an Arkansas media member photoshop a picture of a coach and pass it off as real.
Sure media people will put up funny photos of coaches that are altered. You know they are altered, it's a joke from the get go.
This is not the same thing.

If the pic was altered, how do you know that Aaron Peters was the one who photo shopped the pic?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hoglady

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on December 27, 2014, 03:40:32 pm
Then why don't you get fired up over the morons that have derogatory, photoshopped images of our Coach in their Avatars? Where is your indignation and anger over some of Hogville's Motho's? Give me a break with your bs and that moron Starc too.

If you are a public figure in today's society, you will zero control over your image. Anyone can do anything to it and post it anywhere... Relax, there are other things in this world to get upset about.

I expect better from a media member.

hoghiker

Quote from: hoglady on December 27, 2014, 03:33:50 pm
Again - not the point.
I bet he's less worried about it than you are. I can't imagine that with the game a day away he's thinking too much about it. He's a public figure. You seen any shopped Obama photos lately? Bush, Jr. in the day? And the Pope? It happens everyday. I get your point I think but it's where the mountain meets the mole hill. Happy New Year. I felt the same way about the chick that wore the Gator hat to Petrino's news conference. Lots to get worked up in this world without having to get gumped up over something this trivial.

slowride

This is going too far.  This is supposed to be an official bowl photo.  It is not the time to be horsing around.  He ruined this photo for us but also the university of texas.  We do owe them a formal apology.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: slowride on December 27, 2014, 03:44:18 pm
This is going too far.  This is supposed to be an official bowl photo.  It is not the time to be horsing around.  He ruined this photo for us but also the university of texas.  We do owe them a formal apology.

Ruined the photo?....geez. How about the picture that didn't have CBB flashing the downward Hook 'em? It's not a wedding pic.

hoglady

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 27, 2014, 03:43:26 pm
If the pic was altered, how do you know that Aaron Peters was the one who photo shopped the pic?

I don't even know that it was photo shopped.
If Coach B did flash the horns down sign - then that's great - I love it.
I just don't think the media should be altering his photo and passing it off as real.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on December 27, 2014, 03:40:32 pm

Difference being, media member. Thanks for the name-calling though.

lechon

slowride - take it easy
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

hoghiker

I'm really so heartfelt frickin sorrow Whorns. Will that do it for you. WPS.

hoglady

Quote from: hoghiker on December 27, 2014, 03:43:38 pm
I bet he's less worried about it than you are. I can't imagine that with the game a day away he's thinking too much about it. He's a public figure. You seen any shopped Obama photos lately? Bush, Jr. in the day? And the Pope? It happens everyday. I get your point I think but it's where the mountain meets the mole hill. Happy New Year. I felt the same way about the chick that wore the Gator hat to Petrino's news conference. Lots to get worked up in this world without having to get gumped up over something this trivial.

Sure it happens everyday.
But I still hope it not the media themselves doing the picture altering.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hoglady on December 27, 2014, 03:46:16 pm
I don't even know that it was photo shopped.
If Coach B did flash the horns down sign - then that's great - I love it.
I just don't think the media should be altering his photo and passing it off as real.

First, You don't know if it was photo shopped.
But then you don't think the media should Have done it?
Hmmmm?

ricepig

The "official" photo? There have been several tweeted out without the horns down, I didn't realize Aaron was the official photographer of the Texas Bowl.......

Porked Tongue

"He flashes that sign so quick it just messes you up."

I love the drama queens overreactions to the event or non-event.  I hope you guys make it to game time.

I do think photoshop of this by a journalist would have been inappropriate in this context.

(notOM)Rebel123

ricepig

Quote from: Porked Tongue on December 27, 2014, 03:50:08 pm
"He flashes that sign so quick it just messes you up."

I love the drama queens over reactions to the event or non-event.  I hope you guys make it to game time.

I do think photoshop of this by a journalist would have been inappropriate in this context.

This, if Bret wants to give them the finger, fine, but let it be his decision. He said at practice that he didn't do it, so......

lechon

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

Pig In The City

Props to whoever did it!!  WPS!  All in good fun.  Lighten up.

The NewEra

No self-respecting Hog fan would apologize to Texas for this.

Buff

hoglady

Quote from: The NewEra on December 27, 2014, 03:53:18 pm
No self-respecting Hog fan would apologize to Texas for this.

Man, I agree with that.
No apologies to Texas for anything.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 27, 2014, 03:47:17 pm

Difference being, media member. Thanks for the name-calling though.

It fits you well and your reactionary thought process without knowing what has really transpired.

Augustus

Quote from: marty houston on December 27, 2014, 03:28:09 pm

To back up Marty's post, here is what Aaron Peters just tweeted... (as this has definitely gone viral):

@AaronPetersRN 1m:
For ANYONE who thinks I would photoshop a pic (or even know how to) you do not know me. I simply took the pic on my phone and noticed it.

So, it appears it might be legit?

Buff

Mike Irwin

I don't know what happened. Maybe coach Bielema was cracking his knuckles. All I know is that we have no Photoshop program on the equipment we use  Not one of us, including Aaron Peters, knows how to photoshop. The photo in question came straight off his I phone.

hogfanmd

To me as a fan it's funny and cool
To coach b and the athletic dept and university its a distraction

(notOM)Rebel123

lechon

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 27, 2014, 03:59:37 pm
I don't know what happened. Maybe coach Bielema was cracking his knuckles. All I know is that we have no Photoshop program on the equipment we use  Not one of us, including Aaron Peters, knows how to photoshop. The photo in question came straight off his I phone.

why is Trey being a pervert about this?

The NewEra

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 27, 2014, 03:59:37 pm

Just as it should be, I love it! Even if Coach B didn't mean to he has now officially down hooked the horns.

BR

What is funny... Not one photo from ANY one else has this. That has posted it yet.  If its true, someone wanting to draw attention to himself..  Not sure how Coach B will be receptive to him being around the team...  Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Buff

Quote from: BR on December 27, 2014, 04:05:11 pm
What is funny... Not one photo from ANY one else has this. That has posted it yet.  If its true, someone wanting to draw attention to himself..  Not sure how Coach B will be receptive to him being around the team...  Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

No one else took a pic with Aaron's phone

Aaron Peters @AaronPetersRN
For ANYONE who thinks I would photoshop a pic (or even know how to) you do not know me. I simply took the pic on my phone and noticed it.

BR

Quote from: Buff on December 27, 2014, 04:07:05 pm
No one else took a pic with Aaron's phone

Aaron Peters @AaronPetersRN
I'm sure someone else was taking photos at the same time...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Buff

(notOM)Rebel123