Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 19, 2024, 04:14:34 am

Juan Day

Started by Hogg_Phan, December 18, 2014, 10:09:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogg_Phan

With all the talk of practice for the bowl game being used to coach up the younger players, has there been any talk of Juan Day? He was a big get for us but I have not heard of anything on how he is doing. I have heard we are now looking to add another RB recruit to this class since Marshall is now gone and there is a fair chance that J. Will may leave.
Also, would Day project to be more of an Alex Collins type or Marshall type of running back? I know Marshall was still learning to be a complete RB but was a speed guy. How fast is Day?
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

The_Iceman

Chaney specifically pointed out Rafe, Tyler Colquitt, Brian Wallace, and JoJo yesterday. But I've heard somewhere that Juan Day looks fully recovered from his injury and is impressing in practice.

razorbackkid

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 18, 2014, 10:11:46 am
Chaney specifically pointed out Rafe, Tyler Colquitt, Brian Wallace, and JoJo yesterday. But I've heard somewhere that Juan Day looks fully recovered from his injury and is impressing in practice.
Good to hear!
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

elksnort

Juan Day we will know for sure.

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

Rooka

Uncommon

Considering a depth chart that is sorted by experience and time under the process here, he will at least get garbage time carries next season:
2015 RB Depth Chart
1. 32 Jonathan Williams
2. 3 Alex Collins
3. 25 Denzell Evans
4. 39 Juan Day
5. Rawleigh Williams III/Another signee
6. Rawleigh Williams III/Another signee

JIHawg

Pigstie

Quote from: Uncommon on December 18, 2014, 10:58:17 am
Considering a depth chart that is sorted by experience and time under the process here, he will at least get garbage time carries next season:
2015 RB Depth Chart
1. 32 Jonathan Williams
2. 3 Alex Collins
3. 25 Denzell Evans
4. 39 Juan Day
5. Rawleigh Williams III/Another signee
6. Rawleigh Williams III/Another signee
Walker? Or is he back at fb?
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Uncommon

Quote from: Pigstie on December 18, 2014, 11:07:00 am
Walker? Or is he back at fb?
I think it depends on how much Colquitt progresses in the spring.  If Colquitt becomes the starting fullback, I could see Kody Walker being in the top 3 rotation at RB.  If Walker is still the best option we'll have at fullback, most if not all of his time will probably be spent there since we don't have Arinze anymore.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Uncommon on December 18, 2014, 11:09:29 am
I think it depends on how much Colquitt progresses in the spring.  If Colquitt becomes the starting fullback, I could see Kody Walker being in the top 3 rotation at RB.  If Walker is still the best option we'll have at fullback, his time will be spent there.

Might also have to factor in Austin Cantrell into the "FB" mix as well. His ability to be an H-back might cut into the plays a true FB gets in our offense.

Uncommon

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 18, 2014, 11:12:58 am
Might also have to factor in Austin Cantrell into the "FB" mix as well. His ability to be an H-back might cut into the plays a true FB gets in our offense.
Good point.

regi

Coach B told Bo that Colquit and Day were both doing well these last few practices.

jgphillips3

Day is more of your old school big (but not huge) back.  I'm thinking James Rouse type.  He's got decent speed and won't be afraid to plow somebody.  He'll be a great back for us but without KM we are in desperate need of a speed back so hopefully we'll find one this year.

trashcan maN

Our current RBs, Collins and Williams, were asked what young HB was impressing the most in practice the week after the season ended, and they both said Juan Day.

DallasHogFan

Hopefully he'll get time time with the Juans and twos during bowl practice.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

Pigsknuckles

Juan is the loneliest number...
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Dropkick

hawkhawg

All for Juan and Juan for all.

LRHawg

In life, sometimes you only get Juan shot

hawkhawg

Juan Day or another I'm gonna find ya
I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha

razCzar

ARx for success:  Juan-a-Day Multivitamins

PigTimePlayer

CBB was on Bo's show the other day and specifically mentioned "J-Day" as a guy who has been given some extra attention in the bowl practice.

that's just Juan perspective on the situation.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

(notOM)Rebel123

Hope he's not a Juan hit Juander.
Juan in the hand is worth two in the bush.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

LumberBacks

Well, if JWill leaves, maybe he and AC will be our Juan-Two punch at running back.

LumberBacks

He'll definitely be Juan for the road when the Hogs play away games.

LumberBacks

I just hope that they don't play Juan Shining Moment when the show clips before the game on the Pig Screen at DWRRS.   That song is a beat down. ::hornsdown::

Großer Kriegschwein

Hopefully he is Juan in a million.

But his name is pronounced Ju-wan.

Nice try gents
This is my non-signature signature.

Elvis P Hogg

So ju wan to dance ?

ldfergu

Quote from: Elvis P Hogg on December 18, 2014, 10:43:08 pm
So ju wan to dance ?

Ju wanna know what? He has family from Saskatchjuwan

Hogfan46

Ju Wan to bet he'll be a big contributor next year?

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 18, 2014, 10:32:42 pm

Nice try gents

Well, I ju-wander ju-wander ju-wander ju-wander who? Who spoke the name as Wahn?
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

DallasHogFan

Nice try gents

Ju-wanna bet on that Jaun Day? I heard you were wrong from his cousins Jose' and Jos-b.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

jmb1973

wonderllama

If JWill stays it's gonna be a tough battle for him to take carries away from the two guys ahead of him.  Like David and Goliath kind of odds.  But don't count Day out, because as we know from the Bible, the Ju-Wan that battle.

alohawg

So, Ju-wanna play some football Juan Day, huh.......
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

arkansas1994

Did Ju Wan to play for Arkansas juan day as a kid?

PigTimePlayer

Nice try gents

Every party has a pooper . . . in this thread, you're the Juan.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

clew

Juan to know why I read this board 10-12 times a Day?  This thread rocks!
Pure as the dawn

VBMark

So if J-Day is getting praised and we get two RBs in this class, does it mean Evans may be one of those who "decides" to look elsewhere?
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

Barman91

Quote from: wonderllama on December 18, 2014, 11:36:45 pm
Like David and Goliath kind of odds.  But don't count Day out, because as we know from the Bible, the Ju-Wan that battle.

Very nice!

Barman91

jeat yet?

No.

Ju wanto?

cbhawg03

Quote from: VBMark on December 19, 2014, 01:40:14 pm
So if J-Day is getting praised and we get two RBs in this class, does it mean Evans may be one of those who "decides" to look elsewhere?

You can't ask a serious questions without keeping the juan tradition of this thread going.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: clew on December 19, 2014, 01:24:43 pm

Derail Alert!!!!!
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

jgphillips3

Quote from: VBMark on December 19, 2014, 01:40:14 pm

Why do you think he would Juan to go and end his Day on the hill just because of competition?

umpqua

Quote from: clew on December 19, 2014, 01:24:43 pm
If ever juan to have a reason to read hogville 10-12 times a day this would be it.

10-12

go hogues

Hopefully J-Will doesn't leave us juanting.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

elksnort

Ahhhh, did I actually start this?

I just juan to know.

Thepigdoctor

I believe you are the Juan who did.

So what, Juwan a cookie?

I for Juan think you deserve Juan. Or two. Or rawliegh williams the 3.

Can we sign a back named deuce?

How can you just skip from Juan to III like that? Two can be as bad as Juan, it's the loneliest number, since the number Juan.

TheRazorbackGuy