Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Proud of These Hogs

Started by HogFanatic, November 28, 2014, 06:06:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanatic

Great year! Right on schedule.

I'm dissapointed at the way the game went today obviously, but this team will be etched into my memory banks for the rest of my life. They never gave up. After weeks of being right there, they somehow continued to put it all on the line each and every week. That is the trademark of a good coaching staff. Damn good.

I think the biggest problem today was depth on the defensive side of the ball. Those boys just got tired. And give props to Missouri. Crap, those guys are constantly underestimated. Kind of hard to complain when your team just lost to the team that is representing the Eastern Division in Atlanta next weekend.

Great season Hogs!!  :razorback:

BadHog

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on November 28, 2014, 06:06:34 pm

I'm dissapointed at the way the game went today obviously, but this team will be etched into my memory banks for the rest of my life. They never gave up. After weeks of being right there, they somehow continued to put it all on the line each and every week. That is the trademark of a good coaching staff. Damn good.

I think the biggest problem today was depth on the defensive side of the ball. Those boys just got tired. And give props to Missouri. Crap, those guys are constantly underestimated. Kind of hard to complain when your team just lost to the team that is representing the Eastern Division in Atlanta next weekend.

Depth on defense was NOT the problem. Arkansas converted none of 7 third downs in the second half after a 5 of 7 first half. Missouri was 9 of 19 on third downs. Missouri had five more minutes of possession and ran 83 plays to Arkansas's 60. The UA defense could not sustain its play with that discrepancy.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Dirty

6-6 is better than many thought!

HogFanatic

Quote from: BadHog on November 28, 2014, 06:10:24 pm
Depth on defense was NOT the problem. Arkansas converted none of 7 third downs in the second half after a 5 of 7 first half. Missouri was 9 of 19 on third downs. Missouri had five more minutes of possession and ran 83 plays to Arkansas's 60. The UA defense could not sustain its play with that discrepancy.

83 plays is a LOT for a single game of football. Arkansas's 60 is pretty close to average. I stand by my statement. Arkansas couldn't get a stop in the second half. They were running our boys all over the field and by the end of the game it really showed. Through the first half, Missouri's longest run play was only six yards. By the end of the game, Missouri was imposing their will with the running game.

Our guys were gassed.

cj_sez

I am proud of these kids. They have played hearts out all season.

I agree with BadHog. It was poor offense in the 2nd half, and terrible play-calling.
The defense has depth, but they were on the field far too much. Put this loss on the OC and HC.

Players win games...coaches lose them.

NLRHog92

Proud of the them for sure, but gave up on last defensive drive. And coaches let everyone down with their play calling and not doing what's best for team by playing a healthy QB. Very disappointed in those faucets of the game. But overall, very VERY proud to get to a bowl.

ArkieBrat

My all time Razorback favs.....

1. 1969 Shootout (Longhorns 'n Hogs football)
2.  Great Alaska Shootout under Eddie Sutton
3.  Orange Bowl CLASSIC under the Great Lou
4.  Rollin w/Nolan AND the '94 NC
5.  Being able to see Nolan and Company at the Aloha Classic in Honolulu (Dec '94) & all of us breaking bread together at a luau, & watching Nolan do the hula after being called onstage. AWESOME!  It doesn't get any better than that.

Hogfan1660

Our defense gave everything that they could give but couldn't catch a break with our offensive struggles.

Kevin

team plays hard. today hurts, but a nice year of getting better
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Dirty on November 28, 2014, 06:14:21 pm
6-6 is better than many thought!

But is it as good as it should have been?

Tequilin' Time

definitely proud of the Hogs.   Showed a ton of toughness, fight and determination to come back from two years of cluster..

While the close losses to Top 10 teams were warning signs,  LSU and Ole Miss was a notice.   The Hogs are on the rise.

Only going to get better!!

Go Hogs lets go destroy somebody in a bowl game!!!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: BadHog on November 28, 2014, 06:10:24 pm

in a nut shell... haven't been able to make the 3rd down in crucial times in the 2nd half.. it is a reoccurring, consistent and terminal event .... all our losses are littered with the same plays over and over usually failed due to execution.... receivers are often open, we just don't make it happen.

jkstock04

You are gonna blame the defense? Really?

And our fan base never gives any other team credit...even in the jaws of defeat we still beat our chests triumphantly...it's quite embarrassing actually.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

BadHog

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on November 28, 2014, 06:15:41 pm
83 plays is a LOT for a single game of football. Arkansas's 60 is pretty close to average. I stand by my statement. Arkansas couldn't get a stop in the second half. They were running our boys all over the field and by the end of the game it really showed. Through the first half, Missouri's longest run play was only six yards. By the end of the game, Missouri was imposing their will with the running game.

Our guys were gassed.
Did you read the post? There is not a defense in the SEC that can stay on the field that long and sustain that level of play. The offense needs to do their job.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Uncommon

Amen.  Except that the biggest problem today wasn't defensive depth.  The problem today was the 2nd half offense like most games this season.  Can't tell whether it's predictable playcalling, lack of depth on the offensive front, lack of QB play, or lack of playmakers on the outside.  Me thinks it's a little of everything.