Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

the fumble was reviewed because Bielema called a TO.

Started by Arkansaspost1686, November 28, 2014, 05:56:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkansaspost1686

It frustrates me to no end when my nfl teams don't hurry up and run a play when it looks 50-50.

clearly the whole offense saw the scrum with Collins.   They should have immediately run a play.   Bringing up 4th down > losing the possession.

And why call a TO with 2:20 left anyway? We were passing.  We'd get a clock stop at a first down

that was so weird of bielema - and I'm a huge fan of his

The_Bionic_Pig

Collins should have informed Allen He fumbled....it's not like He didn't know..BB can't read minds.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Fayettechill14

Since the whistle blew before anyone recovered, it's not technically a fumble. It's not Collins' job to assume that the replay booth is trying to decide the game, although as an Arkansas fan I can attest that he probably should have...

Arkansaspost1686

He doesn't have to read minds he just had to watch the field! The muzzou guy is jumping an waving the ball and the crowd is cheering.  How is Bret not seeing that

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Arkansaspost1686 on November 28, 2014, 06:02:02 pm
He doesn't have to read minds he just had to watch the field! The muzzou guy is jumping an waving the ball and the crowd is cheering.  How is Bret not seeing that

Because he picked it up long after the whistle. Again, that's an inexcusable call.

Killean

Quote from: Arkansaspost1686 on November 28, 2014, 06:02:02 pm

Like Ellis was with the ball in the Missouri Endzone?  The play was over.  We got screwed worse than the 2009 Florida game.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

moses_007

Quote from: Arkansaspost1686 on November 28, 2014, 05:56:13 pm
It frustrates me to no end when my nfl teams don't hurry up and run a play when it looks 50-50.

clearly the whole offense saw the scrum with Collins.   They should have immediately run a play.   Bringing up 4th down > losing the possession.

And why call a TO with 2:20 left anyway? We were passing.  We'd get a clock stop at a first down

that was so weird of bielema - and I'm a huge fan of his
Not only that timeout, but he called a timeout just as their kicker missed the last field goal.  Then, the kicker made it on the second try.  It seems that CBB calls timeouts at the absolute worst times.  I don't think he would fare too well in Vegas or Tunica.

Fayettechill14

Good point. Brooks Ellis took the ball away from their RB and took it to the endzone but the play over because the whistle had blown.

Poker_hog

We should have got the to back.  Didn't see our staff even trying to get it back
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

hollywood hog

Quote from: Killean on November 28, 2014, 06:03:03 pm
Like Ellis was with the ball in the Missouri Endzone?  The play was over.  We got screwed worse than the 2009 Florida game.

not even close to Florida 2009.  We didn't get the best calls by any means but 2009 was one of the worst officiated games in history.

Killean

Quote from: hollywood hog on November 28, 2014, 06:10:09 pm
not even close to Florida 2009.  We didn't get the best calls by any means but 2009 was one of the worst officiated games in history.

I think when you go back and watch this one you'll change your mind.. from the dead ball blocked FG to the 4 steps late hits on BA on the final drive (not the dead ball one) and the 1 step hit on mauk that's blown.. This was worse than 2009 florida.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

hawg IQ

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on November 28, 2014, 05:59:28 pm
Since the whistle blew before anyone recovered, it's not technically a fumble. It's not Collins' job to assume that the replay booth is trying to decide the game, although as an Arkansas fan I can attest that he probably should have...
Right here ^
              Besides the replay showed Collins put his hand over the ball right before Mizzou thug jumps over him and wrestles the ball away.
on another issue on hogs TD pass at the two yard line to Hatcher the defender went helmet to helmet- no replay- nothing.  if you have it recorded go back and watch that play again.
go hogs go !