Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pay close attention to the biggest gripers

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, November 28, 2014, 05:53:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Some were calling for Brett Beliema's head not 3 weeks ago.....quietly joined the bandwagon then "LEAPED OFF" at a moments notice.

I can understand frustration but being a fan one week then Anti-Beliema the next tries the patience of most who cheered on my beloved Razorbacks through the good and bad.

I am not speaking to those questioning decisions but those threatening to give up on next season If Rafe Peavy doesn't start or If Jim Chaney isn't replaced. (read the recent post)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ricepig

Oklahawg

No kidding!

Gotta take the bad with the good.

Overall, ahead of most fan's predictions. 6-6 was about the high-water mark for most rational fans last summer. A couple of stellar games this year, and a couple of near misses. We are far more upset about MU, MS State, A&M and Bama than we are UGA and Auburn. Why? We COULD be 10-2, with a few things going our way. Fair enough.

Can't wait for bowl practices, recruiting and a bowl appearance.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

hoghearted

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 28, 2014, 05:53:22 pm
Some were calling for Brett Beliema's head not 3 weeks ago.....quietly joined the bandwagon then "LEAPED OFF" at a moments notice.

I can understand frustration but being a fan one week then Anti-Beliema the next tries the patience of most who cheered on my beloved Razorbacks through the good and bad.

I am not speaking to those questioning decisions but those threatening to give up on next season If Rafe Peavy doesn't start or If Jim Chaney isn't replaced. (read the recent post)

I must have missed those posts.

I will admit to being pretty frustrated with the decisions regarding BA tonight, but if I can live through the MOTHO years, I can live with through just about anything.

Nothing but whole hog, here.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

HogFan1973

Frustrated at a game is one thing.  Calling for Beliema's head is ridiculous.

Ex-Trumpet

Clearly, this coaching staff is well on their way to great success.  I think that, for the most part, we have been playing more talented teams every week.  We either won--or could have won--each week.

Looking forward to a bowl game in a month--and next year for sure!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

RazorPiggie

The past 2 weeks on here have been great and very positive until tonight when we lost to another top 20 team on the road in year 2.

ronmahony

Been a few that have done that every game thread i can remember. Even when Bobby was here. If we were losing they were bitching, a couple i got so tired of i blocked. I have to admit though, the play calling had me going nutts.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

HogFanatic

I have a feeling that whomever we get in the bowl is going to be crushed.
Can't wait. Go Hogs!

Danny J

Quote from: HogFan1973 on November 28, 2014, 06:00:15 pm
Frustrated at a game is one thing.  Calling for Beliema's head is ridiculous.
Agreed.....

I criticized CBP and I criticized Nolan. I still criticize CMA.

It is one thing to criticize and vent which is healthy I believe and quite another to call for a coach to be fired. I don't want CBB fired.

Poker_hog

Just because you complain about Cbb doesn't mean you want him fired.  I recognize the improvement this year and love what he's building on the lines, but he clearly made poor decisions today.  His game management in close games is a major weakness that needs to be improved. 
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 28, 2014, 05:55:38 pm
Gotta take the bad with the good.

Perhaps, but a fan can't complain when coach he supports screws the pooch?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

DeltaBoy

I'm happy with 6-6 but I'm still upset the Ole Miss player was not flagged for his cheap knee to the back on BA Last week.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PonderinHog

I stand by my 8-4 prediction.   >:(  So damn close...

spiritof92

Hogs were playing in a weedwacker bowl win or lose.  While I hate the loss and would obviously be happier with a win I don't understand how people have the same mentality they did back when the SEC losing streak was still intact.

Dirty

Hogs going bowling!!! I am hanging on with this team.  Like a hair hanging on to a biscuit.

BallHog1

Great post and I agree. For this very reason, I've completely stayed off the board during games the last three weeks and while that is not the only reason I've enjoyed those games more than any this year, its a big part. The minute by minute changes in our fan's support of this team and any team is unreal.

Dropkick

If we win every game next year some of these wackos will biotch about it not being exciting enough. We have some real "losers" posting here.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 28, 2014, 06:41:59 pm
I'm happy with 6-6 but I'm still upset the Ole Miss player was not flagged for his cheap knee to the back on BA Last week.

And the obvious late hits on BA today.

Oklahawg

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 28, 2014, 06:25:33 pm
The past 2 weeks on here have been great and very positive until tonight when we lost to another top 20 team on the road in year 2.

You dissect the details nicely. Yet another uphill game, and this one on the road.

No questions anywhere that we spent ourselves getting to 6 wins while MU was left with the "minor" issue of playing for the SEC CG.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Quote from: Dirty on November 28, 2014, 07:38:49 pm
Hogs going bowling!!! I am hanging on with this team.  Like a hair hanging on to a biscuit.

Damn, the image is just, well, Dirty.

I love it, btw :)

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 28, 2014, 06:39:11 pm

Still waiting for an answer ...
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

hogsanity

Most of them, but not all, also have either just become members since around the A&m game or, curiously enough, joined around Dec 1 2007, or Dec 1 2012 yet had never posted until this season.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BigPapaHawg

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on November 28, 2014, 06:29:46 pm
Can't wait. Go Hogs!

I agree!
WOO PIG

Nipsey Mussle

I agree completely. I'm glad some were at least willing to openly get on the bandwagon...for a little while. It's different in Jump Ball. The haters just disappear when things go well. I have at least 5 or 6 guys in mind who I guarantee will magically pop up the first time we lose a game.

I do question BB for the BA decision. I'll never understand that one. However, he's definitely leading us the right direction.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: BBsTheMan on November 30, 2014, 04:45:52 am
I agree completely. I'm glad some were at least willing to openly get on the bandwagon...for a little while. It's different in Jump Ball. The haters just disappear when things go well. I have at least 5 or 6 guys in mind who I guarantee will magically pop up the first time we lose a game.
I do question BB for the BA decision. I'll never understand that one. However, he's definitely leading us the right direction.
Oh yeah, there are some you can set your watch by. They will pop up in the game threads as soon as we fall behind or lose momentum and disappear when we are winning and doing well. Same guys every time. And, if we lose they stay on the board all night and have 20 posts or so. If we win they don't post at all, never complement the team or coaches. Sad.

During the Mizzou game I had to step away from the game and game thread for awhile and when I came back, not knowing the score, I opened the game thread and saw a certain poster had posted which they had not done all day. Sure enough the Tiggers had come back and had momentum. 

Arkfan

QuoteThe past 2 weeks on here have been great and very positive until tonight when we lost to another top 20 team on the road in year 2.

I think what some dont seem to understand (or maybe they dont want to understand in some cases) is that its not just that the Hogs lost, its how they lost.

If BA was hurt and AA went in and they lost thats one thing. But leaving an obviously injured BA in the game afterr spending most of the off season talking about how concerned you are with player safety, etc. only made it appear an even worse decision.

There are more reasons but I think thats the biggest one.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Reading comprehension. Go back and use it. Your question is invalid because it was addressed in the OP.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

ATLHog

Around here you have:
TROLLS that post something just to piss others off and are proud when their post builds to several pages
CLUELESS who impulsively post to let off steam and frustration, without thinking before they type
MORONS who shouldn't be allowed to operate a calculator, let alone a computer
MARTYRS who love to play the victim- "We'll never be good enough...why does this keep happening to us...we don't deserve to be in the SEC..."

Hoggish1

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 28, 2014, 06:41:59 pm

True, and that team makes a living for the cheap shots they take.

The NewEra

The only thing that will have me griping about this season is if by some miscarriage of justice the Hogs aren't invited to a bowl.  That would be the ultimate insult for a team that has not lost a game to anyone not ranked in the top 20 when we played them.

MiHogsMi

The answer is NO you can't.  On Hogville if you express any, and I mean ANY discontent with anything CBB does you are: 1. A hater. 2. Not a true Hog fan.  3. A troll.  4. Calling for CBB to be fired.  It's that simple.  Folks are petrified that anything but complete and total blind sunshine pumping will cause the whole program to fall apart given the horrible record the past couple years.
I don't view The University of Arkansas Football Program as Mr. CBB's personal Petri dish to experiment and tinker with for HIS pleasure and learning curve.

Cinco de Hogo

I have one problem with you people, you can't tell the difference between someone wanting to discuss football and people that are idiots, which in my book places you in the same category as them.  You post this stuff ten times a day instead of discussing football which by the way is a discussion of why you lost as well as why you won.  Ys'll simply can't do that.  You don't know how.  You sure lnow how to start these threads though.

buldozer

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on November 28, 2014, 06:29:46 pm
Can't wait. Go Hogs!

^^^This!^^^ We should dominate any other team with a similar win-loss record and I for one am looking forward to it. I think the national media forget that we have been playing the top talent in the nation all season....

Uberanubis

Quote from: MiHogsMi on November 30, 2014, 08:52:01 am
The answer is NO you can't.  On Hogville if you express any, and I mean ANY discontent with anything CBB does you are: 1. A hater. 2. Not a true Hog fan.  3. A troll.  4. Calling for CBB to be fired.  It's that simple.  Folks are petrified that anything but complete and total blind sunshine pumping will cause the whole program to fall apart given the horrible record the past couple years.

you can express displeasure with out doing any of those things. did I agree with keeping BA in on the last couple of drives when it was obvious he was hurt, no I didn't. did it make me call for his firing? no. do I think the program will fall apart? no. im far from a troll, but I do pride my self on being able to see the big picture.

now for CBB choice, he was there he talked to BA on the side lines. BA wanted in, he wanted to play. a true warrior never backs down. in that regard I respect both CBB and BA. (ok stay with me here, this is how we express our selves with out looking like a jack ass). BUT IMHO had I been the coach, I would have pulled BA and went with his AA, FOR ONE REASON, mobility.

when you're down, you know they will come after you, you need to be able to run away form trouble. BA lost that ability.

still super excited were going to a bowl. I had us just outside a bowl this year at 5-7. GHG! WPS!
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The Chief on November 30, 2014, 07:37:18 am
Reading comprehension. Go back and use it. Your question is invalid because it was addressed in the OP.

Reading comprehension.  I wasn't addressing the OP.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: MiHogsMi on November 30, 2014, 08:52:01 am

Yep to a point. Coach screwed up by not playing Austin in the Second half.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.