Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'll say it.......CBB used very poor judgement by keeping BA in.

Started by 007 License To Squeal, November 28, 2014, 05:32:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

007 License To Squeal

I just don't understand it.  BA could hardly even stand up....
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Danny J

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 28, 2014, 05:32:35 pm
I just don't understand it.  BA could hardly even stand up....

Most of us agree in hindsight. 

You made some very stupid comments about Mizzou's defense after our first possession.  Their quickness gave us fits and led to some penalties.

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Killean

Did you guys watch our team last week?  Austin Allen isn't up to the speed of the game and he wouldn't get a single pass off.

Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

pigbacon

scooby21322

On top of the health concern, he soared almost every pass in the second half.  We had no shot to win that game with BA in. 

hollywood hog

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Danny J on November 28, 2014, 05:33:18 pm
Player safety!!!! Stop the HUNH!!! Player safety!!!

We don't know BA's injury and if leaving him could have long term effects.  We know he isn't our long term answer at qb. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Danny J

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 28, 2014, 05:34:13 pm

You made some very stupid comments about Mizzou's defense after our first possession.  Their quickness gave us fits and led to some penalties.
Multiple people in the game thread, scratch that, ALL the people in the game thread and even both announcers were saying it at the time not in hindsight.

BassinHawg

CBB a hypocrite when it comes to player safety!

He should never open his mouth again about the HUNH up tempo offenses!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

RebelliousHog

I thought when BA started the second half throwing everything high, they need to look a t AA.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

cj_sez

It seems there is a trend in close games....lose by poor judgment. It was insane to keep an injured player out there. The defense was kept on the field too much in the second half. Pizzou made good adjustments in the second half and Bielema/Chaney did not.

Danny J

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 28, 2014, 05:35:10 pm
We don't know BA's injury and if leaving him could have long term effects.  We know he isn't our long term answer at qb.
Just stop!!!!! He was injured. Don't play stupid. Don't try to convince us 2+2= 1765

hollywood hog

Quote from: Killean on November 28, 2014, 05:34:32 pm
Did you guys watch our team last week?  Austin Allen isn't up to the speed of the game and he wouldn't get a single pass off.

How about the health of BA???

Acehawg

It was an emotional decision to keep him in the game and not what was best for the team.  He should have been pulled.  Heck, he couldn't pass more than 10 yards and we couldn't run the ball = no offense.

The Pulse

I didn't realize that there was anyone who was wanting to keep brandon Allen in on the last few series of the game. It was very clear he was injured and couldn't throw.

Atlhogfan1

That was the concern or worse. 

We had the ball with a chance to tie and got on the Mizzou side.  The gamble came up short. 

DoctorSusscrofa

This was BAs year. He persevered until we won and played his heart out. The game was his to play. And he might still have won it but for the fumble. I'm proud of this team's growth and I won't be down on them for a loss to the East Champs.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HenduHog on November 28, 2014, 05:35:17 pm
I thought when BA started the second half throwing everything high, they need to look a t AA.

High or behind on timing. That is a HUGE sign something isn't quite right.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

007 License To Squeal

I believe I said "Where is the mighty Mo defense?"  Why is that stupid? At the time, they were pretty ineffective.

hawgpharmer

And I'm sure no one in our great media will dare question it!!!

elksnort

The OP is very correct.

And many of us first guessed, not second guessed it.   

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

jcarney12747

He should've been pulled out. Ridiculous.  BA couldn't hit anybody.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: The Pulse on November 28, 2014, 05:36:20 pm
I didn't know thre was anyone who was wanting to keep brandon Allen in on the last few series of the game. It was very clear he was injured.

Yes it was. 

revolution

I was embarrassed with how our coaching staff handled BA. It was obvious the whole second half that he wasn't effective and it became apparent he was hurting. Yet we leave him in and call pass after pass, putting the game on the shoulders of an injured QB. That's not fair to BA or the team.

lookawayquick

No hindsight here. I was telling my buddies at halftime a QB change needed tomtKe place. BA was sailing too many balls. Coach B was pig headed today. Loss is squarely on his shoulders. Our O line got whipped but we still had the game in hand if we had a QB that could carry out the basics.

Hoggish1

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 28, 2014, 05:36:41 pm
I believe I said "Where is the mighty Mo defense?"  Why is that stupid? At the time, they were pretty ineffective.

How many series had we had? 

moses_007

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 28, 2014, 05:35:10 pm
I want him beat out next season.  I don't want to see another season with him under center.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 28, 2014, 05:36:35 pm
In hindsight it's easy to start post like this....

Most of us in the game thread were calling for BA to be pulled EARLY in the 4th.  That isn't hindsight at all.

DoctorSusscrofa

You guys go ahead and have a meltdown. It's what you guys are champions at.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Danny J

Quote from: lookawayquick on November 28, 2014, 05:37:19 pm
No hindsight here. I was telling my buddies at halftime a QB change needed tomtKe place. BA was sailing too many balls. Coach B was pig headed today. Loss is squarely on his shoulders. Our O line got whipped but we still had the game in hand if we had a QB that could carry out the basics.
I agree....why do people keep posting about hindsight? They need to not only read the game thread but go back and listen to the announcers to start the 4th quarter. No hindsight here.

rude1

Is that much different than sailing passes 15 yards over wide open receivers heads?

Danny J

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 28, 2014, 05:38:03 pm
Most of us in the game thread were calling for BA to be pulled EARLY in the 4th.  That isn't hindsight at all.

Hawgin84

Acehawg

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 28, 2014, 05:36:31 pm
This was BAs year. He persevered until we won and played his heart out. The game was his to play. And he might still have won it but for the fumble. I'm proud of this team's growth and I won't be down on them for a loss to the East Champs.

Like you are saying here.  It was an emotional decision.  He was clearly injured, couldn't throw the ball and needed to be pulled.  What about the other 10 players on offense? don't they deserve the best players on the field?

BassinHawg

If they didn't take BA out under these conditions you can bet the house that there will be no open competition for the starting QB next year....It's a done deal!

We are stuck with BA!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

elksnort

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 28, 2014, 05:36:35 pm
In hindsight it's easy to start post like this....
could it have been started during the game?

Get real.  BA should have been pulled for several reasons.  Anyone with any sense knew this. 

Bebop

Quote from: lookawayquick on November 28, 2014, 05:37:19 pm

Yep.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: HenduHog on November 28, 2014, 05:35:17 pm

i'm in agreement, but

he was gimp in the first half. it was very clear, particularly on the 2d td drive. he chose not to run inside the 15 when he had clear sailing. instead, he muffed the ball into the wr's feet.

it only progressed in the 2d half.  it was very clear he was hurt.

some say austin isn't up to speed and didn't we see that last game.  WHAT???

really? 
The rest of the frog.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: moses_007 on November 28, 2014, 05:37:51 pm
I want him beat out next season.  I don't want to see another season with him under center.

That would be great for a 5th yr sr to be beaten out by a RS So or Fr as it hopefully says we have a very good multi year qb coming.

I think it's great we'll have qb competition for the first time in a long time. 

Poker_hog

Quote from: cj_sez on November 28, 2014, 05:35:48 pm
It seems there is a trend in close games....lose by poor judgment. It was insane to keep an injured player out there. The defense was kept on the field too much in the second half. Pizzou made good adjustments in the second half and Bielema/Chaney did not.

Completely agree.  Keep throwing it with an injured qb.  Poor use of TOs again
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

DoubleReedHawgCaller

I know I don't want to here crap about the HUNH and player safety after what we saw today. I don't care what BA wanted to do as far as not coming out of the game, he should've been pulled.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

scooby21322

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 28, 2014, 05:36:31 pm

He wouldn't have won it.  He was flat the entire second half.  He was clearly hurting, but this has been the trend all year.  He looks good in the first half, and can hardly score in the second half. 

Hawgin84

Quote from: moses_007 on November 28, 2014, 05:37:51 pm

Me either.

Danny J

Just want to reiterate.....I don't have a problem with BA as QB. I have a problem with him playing injured. He could hardly stand up.

reddogjcss

Fellows last two weeks nothing but praise now you need to be put on suicide watch! Razorbacks played there heart out. Yes I think he should have pulled Brandon in second half but he didn't. He shows great faith in players and that goes along ways on recruiting. Very proud of My RAzorbacks both coaches and players.
Dust off fellows and get ready for our bowl game.