Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pointless

Started by WhatsitHOGabout, November 28, 2014, 05:32:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatsitHOGabout

Since CBB made progress we will not lose him unless he leaves.  So all of you hoping for that can shut your mouths!

I have screamed for Jim Chaney's head.  I can't stand his play calling and I hope CBB will make the change.  I don't think he will so this is pointless.

Danny J

play calling was terribly bad. No adjustments. Then the decision by CBB to keep BA in the game was mind boggling.

Deeznutts

Chaney's stupidity and Allen's unwillingness to admit he was hurt killed us. This was a gimme and we coached this game horribly.

Poker_hog

Cbb struggles in close games.  Poor end of game management.  He's got to improve.  It's his biggest weakness
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

moses_007

Quote from: Danny J on November 28, 2014, 05:32:48 pm
play calling was terribly bad. No adjustments. Then the decision by CBB to keep BA in the game was mind boggling.
Brandon would have to be knocked out cold for CBB to replace him.  Bielema is the most bull headed coach I've ever seen.  Anyone could see Brandon was hurt and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with his passes in the second half, yet CBB refused to replace him.  If that isn't bad head coaching I don't know what is.

redeye

Chaney does some good things, but what drives me insane is that he wants to surprise the other team with every call, even when the chance of it working is probably under 2%.  Or, when the probability for success with the expected play is 98%.  Doesn't matter, because he always wants to do what no one is expecting.  He out-thinks himself and Bielema doesn't seem to recognize it as a problem.

ManBeast

Quote from: redeye on November 28, 2014, 05:37:11 pm
Chaney does some good things, but what drives me insane is that he wants to surprise the other team with every call, even when the chance of it working is probably under 2%.  Or, when the probability for success with the expected play is 98%.  Doesn't matter, because he always wants to do what no one is expecting.  He out-thinks himself and Bielema doesn't seem to recognize it as a problem.

What things does he do well? I don't think BA is a terrible QB. I think he could be pretty  good if he was coached well. CJC is his position coach.

We don't have any true threats at receiver. Our O line was about average this year. The biggest O line in the country shouldn't get pushed around like they did today.

I know next year will be better at receiver. If Chaney is still around he needs to be coaching something other than QB. Let Lunney do that.

redeye

Quote from: ManBeast on November 28, 2014, 05:41:48 pm
What things does he do well? I don't think BA is a terrible QB. I think he could be pretty  good if he was coached well. CJC is his position coach.

We don't have any true threats at receiver. Our O line was about average this year. The biggest O line in the country shouldn't get pushed around like they did today.

I know next year will be better at receiver. If Chaney is still around he needs to be coaching something other than QB. Let Lunney do that.

Chaney is creative and does come up with some good plays, but we have to keep in mind that he's working within the confines of Bielema's offense, and Bielema probably deserves some of the criticism, also.  However, he obviously leaves a lot to be desired and something has to change (should have after last season, imo.)

I'm not sure if BA would be great under anyone, but I agree that he's not receiving the best coaching under Chaney.  The best proof of that may be the problems we've had finding a backup QB under Chaney, because unlike under Petrino, we never have one.  We have a roster of 4-star QB's, who may be overrated, but there's no excuse for not having one ready.  There's no good reason why other teams can do it, but we can't, and the excuses don't add up.

I think the problems with our OLine is the play-calling.  While they probably have been overrated some, they're still very good.  We're just not utilizing them properly, imo.  I mean, what good does it do to have the biggest OLine in the football, if you're using them to pass block, run reverses, etc.  Even most of the running plays seem to be draws and other things that give time for defenders to get up and around our massive OLine.