Other games

Started by Lanny, November 28, 2014, 12:29:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Discuss other games here
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Professor Psychosis

Western Kentucky 42, Marshall 35.  7:23 to go in the SECOND QUARTER!

First to 100 wins?

JHicks3636

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on November 28, 2014, 12:31:36 pm
Western Kentucky 42, Marshall 35.  7:23 to go in the SECOND QUARTER!

First to 100 wins?

Make it WKU 49, Marshall 35
And Marshall is ranked #24. In a real conference they would be under .500.

Polecat

Wished I had taken the over in the WKU game
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

JHicks3636

Now WKU 49, Marshall 42
Each team with over 400 yards of offense in the 1st half

ballz2thewall

man, play like that against any of the bigs and simply get eaten alive.  this isn't tcu/baylor. marshall won't understand that this year, though.
The rest of the frog.

JHicks3636

Now at halftime 49-42. Perhaps the understatement of the year by a commentator as the teams go in for halftime, "a couple of things the teams need to shore up during halftime."

reddogjcss

Cooter tater bugs 55 Deep Elum mud bugs 31 Final

SquidBilly

Northern Illinois about to win their conference title.  That OOC win is looking good for us now.

ZERO

NIU may land their fifth consecutive 11-win season this year. They also have a win over P5 team Northwestern (although Northwestern sucks and won't make a Bowl).
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

ZERO

Nebraska is down vs. Iowa 7-24. I really want them to lose this game, because I think it's hilarious how Bo Pelini has gone exactly 9-4 or 10-4 each of the seven years he's been at Nebraska.

I think the year he finally goes 8-5, he's gone. He's in that perfect awkward zone where he's winning too much to be fired, yet not nearly enough to score them any prestige.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Doug

Marshall's highest scoring game: vs. East Carolina, on 2001-12-19. Total points: 125
Western Kentucky's highest scoring game: at North Texas, on 2009-10-31. Total points: 117
Prior to today, the highest scoring game between Marshall & Western Kentucky happened on 1950-10-07. Total points: 60 (Marshall won)

Marshall leads the series versus Western Kentucky: 4-1-0 (5 Games)

Marshall leads Conference Games versus Western Kentucky: 2-0-0 (2 Games)

Marshall record at home vs Western Kentucky: 3-0-0 (3 Games)

Marshall Conference record at home vs Western Kentucky: 1-0-0 (1 Games)

Western Kentucky record at home vs Marshall: 1-1-0 (2 Games)

Western Kentucky Conference record at home vs Marshall: 0-1-0 (1 Games)

Marshall has not faced Western Kentucky at a Neutral Location... YET!

Marshall has not faced Western Kentucky at a Neutral Conference Game Location... YET!

NO Shutout games between Marshall and Western Kentucky... YET!

Marshall's largest victory against Western Kentucky: on 1950-10-07: Final Score: 47 - 13 (34 Points)

Western Kentucky's largest victory against Marshall: on 1942-10-03: Final Score: 19 - 13 (6 Points)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

HamIAm

Eastern Michigan wearing gray uniforms playing on gray turf. Except the endzones and helmets are green.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ZERO on November 28, 2014, 01:14:34 pm
Nebraska is down vs. Iowa 7-24. I really want them to lose this game, because I think it's hilarious how Bo Pelini has gone exactly 9-4 or 10-4 each of the seven years he's been at Nebraska.

I think the year he finally goes 8-5, he's gone. He's in that perfect awkward zone where he's winning too much to be fired, yet not nearly enough to score them any prestige.

Not according to Nebraska fans.
Go Hogs Go!

JHicks3636

Quote from: Doug on November 28, 2014, 01:16:36 pm
Marshall's highest scoring game: vs. East Carolina, on 2001-12-19. Total points: 125
Western Kentucky's highest scoring game: at North Texas, on 2009-10-31. Total points: 117
Prior to today, the highest scoring game between Marshall & Western Kentucky happened on 1950-10-07. Total points: 60 (Marshall won)

Marshall leads the series versus Western Kentucky: 4-1-0 (5 Games)

Marshall leads Conference Games versus Western Kentucky: 2-0-0 (2 Games)

Marshall record at home vs Western Kentucky: 3-0-0 (3 Games)

Marshall Conference record at home vs Western Kentucky: 1-0-0 (1 Games)

Western Kentucky record at home vs Marshall: 1-1-0 (2 Games)

Western Kentucky Conference record at home vs Marshall: 0-1-0 (1 Games)

Marshall has not faced Western Kentucky at a Neutral Location... YET!

Marshall has not faced Western Kentucky at a Neutral Conference Game Location... YET!

NO Shutout games between Marshall and Western Kentucky... YET!

Marshall's largest victory against Western Kentucky: on 1950-10-07: Final Score: 47 - 13 (34 Points)

Western Kentucky's largest victory against Marshall: on 1942-10-03: Final Score: 19 - 13 (6 Points)
Dang Doug, what brand underwear does each team wear? Pretty good stats.

BPsTheMan

Oklahawg

Quote from: JHicks3636 on November 28, 2014, 01:26:08 pm
Dang Doug, what brand underwear does each team wear? Pretty good stats.

Neutral stripes. :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

GatorHog

Aside: lol at Marshall (the football team), just lol

JHicks3636

Marshall loses 67-66 in OT

oldrazorband

Quote from: GatorHog on November 28, 2014, 03:26:33 pm
Aside: lol at Marshall (the football team), just lol

Thinning the Herd

ChicoHog

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on November 28, 2014, 01:31:40 pm
Bo Pelini

He gone
They won so he probably saved his job.  Not so sure about Ferentz.  Playing in the weak Big Ten West (kind of like our current SEC east) may save his job for another couple years.