Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vent thread

Started by Lanny, November 28, 2014, 12:28:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig In The City

I have been remiss to say anything but game after game of inadequate offensive execution just gets ridiculous. Time for CBB to earn his paycheck and make some tough decisions.

BPsTheMan

the neat thing is, none of you know what you're talking about, and none of our coaches are going anywhere

that's the really really neat thing

carolinahogger

Quote from: older boar on November 28, 2014, 05:36:42 pm
Been watching HOGS a long time and I've never felt this way before. Loss is 100% on coaches. BA was in pain and could not throw so please tell me what am I missing?  It was obvious to anyone that AA would have been our best option. Quarterback could not throw and we totally abandon the run game so again, WHAT AM I MISSING?????????

You are not missing anything.  I thought we would win with a healthy BA.  I thought we had a great chance with AA.

But it never occurred to me that we would play a banged up obviously not getting it done BA.

revolution

CBS postgame said we only ran the ball 8 times in second half for 42 yards. That's a 5 yard average per attempt. Yep, makes perfect sense to put the game on the shoulders of an injured and ineffective QB! We quit relying on the run game several possessions before Mizzou tied the game. Chaney and CBB flushed this game away! Feel bad for BA and the team.

navyhog24

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on November 28, 2014, 05:43:06 pm
the neat thing is, none of you know what you're talking about, and none of our coaches are going anywhere

Sadly, this is probably the truth

JaxFlaRazorback

Quote from: Razor1997 on November 28, 2014, 05:23:18 pm
I wonder if Michael Sam will join in the locker room celebration for Missouri.

Yep, and a dump truck full of soap bars have just been dumped in Mizzou's showers for everyone's fun.

BroyledNutts

O line killed drives with penalties in the first half that could've resulted in points - 3 fumbles by RBs ended drives and altered momentum - an injured QB and 3&outs in the second half tired out a defense that won the last 2 games - and poor coaching in the 4th qtr killed offensive confidence...
Special teams was the only phase of the game working today without issues at some point.
In the end it's the same as it ever was - potential unrealized and results marginal - but they still get one more chance to regain some pride for the program.

ICEman

We are lacking a breakaway threat at RB.  SEC defenses have figured out how to 'control' our running game.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

BroyledNutts

You done yet? Time to creep back to DST and brag to your cliqué....

navyhog24

Quote from: ICEman on November 28, 2014, 05:47:04 pm
We are lacking a breakaway threat at RB.  SEC defenses have figured out how to 'control' our running game.

Anyone can do that when our QB isn't a threat to win the game and is just a manager at his best

TulsaJack32

You are probably right on part 2 of your thread but not the first part.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what the problem was today. 

lookawayquick

Rex - how do you know none of us know anything?  I can tell you I was telling my friends at half we needed to replace BA. He was hurting and sailing easy throws. Obvious.  Mizzou was crashing corners to stop the run and we had no QB answer. Coach B was pig headed today. 

Wild Bill Hog

When you don't want or expect much it's easy to be satisfied.

cj_sez

Reversing the fumble by Pizzou QB on the sack was BS. His arm was moving down. It went forward when he was hit from the momentum...looked more shoulder movement. It cost the Hogs a 21-3 halftime lead.

That said, once again, the other team made good halftime adjustments and Bielema did not. Chaney did not. Robb Smith probably was very frustrated to watch his vastly improved defense become worn down in the second half when the offense failed miserably to  keep the ball and the D off the field.

It was very unwise to keep injured Brandon Allen in and the play-calling was erratic. The only play I really liked was Sam Irwin-Hill fake punt, but even that was to no true avail because of the following calls.

This is SEC ball and there will be more close games than blowouts, and Bielema has yet to prove he can win the close ones. The defense is radically improved and the recruiting is good, but we need a coaching staff that thinks on their feet and makes the crucial adjustments in a close game. The defense cannot carry them every game.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: BroyledNutts on November 28, 2014, 05:48:42 pm
You done yet? Time to creep back to DST and brag to your cliqué....

I'm not done. You done?

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on November 28, 2014, 05:52:53 pm
I'm not done. You done?

Somewhere a NSFW thread is missing its ring leader.

Granny fan

Quote from: Pig In The City on November 28, 2014, 05:41:53 pm
I have been remiss to say anything but game after game of inadequate offensive execution just gets ridiculous. Time for CBB to earn his paycheck and make some tough decisions.

100% correct!

navyhog24

Chaney needs to be fired. Mike Smith probably needs to be seriously looked at as well

BigE_23

Quote from: OKC on November 28, 2014, 05:41:33 pm
Chaney needs to answer why they went away from the run...and yes i would like to hear why BA was in there...but no one needs to get fired. This team needs consistency and continuity with the coaching staff...plus we don't need our recruiting to take a hit this late in the season.
This isn't the only game that Chaney needs to answer for this though. He's done it multiple times late in the game. HE SUCKS AND SHOULD BE FIRED>

dfwhawg

Quote from: older boar on November 28, 2014, 05:36:42 pm
Been watching HOGS a long time and I've never felt this way before. Loss is 100% on coaches. BA was in pain and could not throw so please tell me what am I missing?  It was obvious to anyone that AA would have been our best option. Quarterback could not throw and we totally abandon the run game so again, WHAT AM I MISSING?????????
Nothing.  I watched our OC completely abandoned the running game trailing one score with 4 minutes left and 2 TOs.  This is with an injured QB who had no business being out there.  Our running game behind the biggest line has regressed.  Maybe next year if we can get an upgraded OC and better recruiting class....

Hogz87

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on November 28, 2014, 05:29:39 pm
Thank God this season is over and hopefully we get a cupcake in the bowl game so our huge uncoordinated o line can bulldoze them! Lord knows we can't move a sec defensive line!
Thank God it's over?  It was still a successful season.  We went 6-6 with two SEC wins despite still having a lot of flaws on the roster and despite not paying a single SEC opponent that was ranked any lower than #17 when we played them.  I know today was frustrating, but it was still a fun season and I'm excited we get to watch the team play one more time this season.

kp72204

Wile i agree that injured BA was a catalyst for the loss he wasn't the main reason we lost. Nor was the coaches(yeah I know but), it was Korliss Marshall who cost us this game.

BrassNunchucks

Actually, Chaney should probably go on permanent hiatus. Other than that I agree.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: BrassNunchucks on November 28, 2014, 06:17:51 pm
Actually, Chaney should probably go on permanent hiatus. Other than that I agree.

Chaney isn't going anywhere.

PRJ

Jimmy "theused4wheelerdealer" Watkins from Conway

Quote from: JaxFlaRazorback on November 28, 2014, 05:45:55 pm
Yep, and a dump truck full of soap bars have just been dumped in Mizzou's showers for everyone's fun.

What if bibles were dumped instead?  Wish all hog fans would end with this kind of crap.

Acehawg

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on November 28, 2014, 06:26:10 pm
Chaney isn't going anywhere.

PRJ

I hope your wrong.  Dude needs to move on.

pigture perfect

Quote from: Jimmy "theused4wheelerdealer" Watkins from Conway on November 28, 2014, 06:30:39 pm
What if bibles were dumped instead?  Wish all hog fans would end with this kind of crap.
why? Are you offended?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hogfaniam

Quote from: kp72204 on November 28, 2014, 06:08:36 pm
Wile i agree that injured BA was a catalyst for the loss he wasn't the main reason we lost. Nor was the coaches(yeah I know but), it was Korliss Marshall who cost us this game.

Oh, no you di int!
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

dbaileyway7

Where is John L. Smith when you need him?  LMAO   John L. Smith To Arkansas, And Razorbacks Players Approve ...
http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/4/23/2969709/john-l-smith-to-arkansas-football-c...
Apr 23, 2012 ... The Arkansas Razorbacks are reportedly about to announce former assistant John L. Smith as their interim head coach for the next 10 months.

RazorChuck

Quote from: Jimmy "theused4wheelerdealer" Watkins from Conway on November 28, 2014, 06:30:39 pm
Yeah, but really it should be John Bible, thee instant replay Mizzou player, he shouldst be smote with a pile shat!

razorbackkid

We need a bigger vent.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.