Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pressure gauge for this game-Hogs-None;Tigers-Plenty

Started by JHicks3636, November 28, 2014, 09:19:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

For the 1st time in 3 years I see us having no pressure going into an SEC game. The losing streak is over and we are bowl eligible. The team and fans did not wake up this morning wondering when it would end and when we would again go bowling. I'm not thinking about what will go wrong that will cost us a win. Missouri has the pressure. They need the win to win the East and go to Atlanta. Of course we do want to win and we still have one demon to excise-an SEC road win. Today is the day to get that win. Go Hogs.

devildoghawg

There is plenty of pressure.  We have overperformed the last two weeks and an abysmal performance today could signal a fluke.  We dug a really deep hole the last two years, two SEC wins doesn't fill that hole up.  Only takes one Oh Sh** to get rid of a whole bunch of Atta' Boys.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

Torqued pork

No real pressure for us, but plenty of motivation. Win and we get a better bowl and a little more respect heading into next season.

Who really wants to see Mizzou in the SECCG again?

Quickdraw

The Hogs are going to have fun playing this game proving they are a legitimate team in the conference and deserve to be selected to a good bowl.

reddogjcss

RazorbackRon

Quote from: devildoghawg on November 28, 2014, 09:30:32 am
There is plenty of pressure.  We have overperformed the last two weeks and an abysmal performance today could signal a fluke.  We dug a really deep hole the last two years, two SEC wins doesn't fill that hole up.  Only takes one Oh Sh** to get rid of a whole bunch of Atta' Boys.

How long will YOU continue to be a hater?      I bet you're a single guy who spent Thanksgiving at Taco Bell.   Adopt a more positive thought process and maybe you'll still get a chance to enjoy a nice life.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

razorbackkid

We finally got that filthy, screaming, nagging, smelly monkey off our back.  The pressure is off, the monkey is gone.

We are in last place in the best division in college football.  We are playing the top team of the other division, at their house, where they have an opportunity to go to the SECCG. 

And we a slight favorites to win.  Pressure?  Nope.

Even if we were to lose this game, in no way does that mean the Monkey is back on.  That monster is no more.

Hogs can play loose, play to win and no longer be worried about 0 for this or 0 for that.

We are playing a team that has a lot to lose, we are a team with every thing to gain.

Go Hogs!
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Pudgepork

this game means a lot to players on the team with ties to Missouri.  Other than that the team can just focus and winning and continued success.  Missouri needs this game and that should have them a little tight.   Watching the Hogs success over the last 2 weeks should also have them worried. 

This is a fun game as a fan because while I expect a Hog win, the outcome wont decide much in the way of bowl games for Arkansas.   It can improve where they go but not if they go

Fatmanhog

Quote from: RazorbackRon on November 28, 2014, 09:46:21 am
How long will YOU continue to be a hater?      I bet you're a single guy who spent Thanksgiving at Taco Bell.   Adopt a more positive thought process and maybe you'll still get a chance to enjoy a nice life.
Taco Bell was open yesterday?!?!?! Wish I would have known that!
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

Pig In The City

This game has way more meaning to the Tigers. The hogs should expect great competition today unlike the ole miss or lsu game.

razorbackfan86

Cool fact

Mizzou has played 1 ranked team this year (a loss to GA)

This is the Hogs 9th ranked team to play this year (won 2 looking for 3)

Hawgey-Davidson

Quote from: Pig In The City on November 28, 2014, 10:41:08 am
This game has way more meaning to the Tigers. The hogs should expect great competition today unlike the ole miss or lsu game.
Maybe you should have said more implications for the Tigers. As far as your remarks about the lack of competition from LSU and Ole Miss, they got completely manhandled by the Hogs. You sir, apparently have not been paying attention or you are obtuse.