Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SB Nation: Arkansas at Missouri-First Team to 21 Points, Wins

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, November 28, 2014, 05:22:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Looks like it could be a crazy day in Columbia.

"Now, things have changed. Arkansas hasn't given up a point since November 1, and Missouri hasn't lost since Georgia went back to Athens. It's going to be a lovely day in Columbia, the dorms are going to be open, Gary Pinkel is urging Mizzou fans to Pack the Zou ... this is a huge event, the biggest home game since this very weekend last year".

http://www.rockmnation.com/2014/11/26/7287355/missouri-arkansas-football-preview-stats-analysis
Go Hogs Go!

daBoar

Biggest game against a 2 - 5 Team..............Isn't this season fun.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: daBoar on November 28, 2014, 05:34:29 am
Biggest game against a 2 - 5 Team..............Isn't this season fun.

What did they call us? "The big, bad, bullies?" Well, well, getting some respect. Winning today would certainly put them in their place. I've heard that Georgia boosters have taken up a collection to augment the officiating crew's pay for this game. ;)
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Another quote from the article that I found interesting.

"Really, Arkansas' overall big-play capability isn't amazing, but again, it doesn't need to be. It serves their purposes just fine to chew up about 12 yards every two to three plays, keep you on the field for a long time, and wear you down for the fourth quarter. Big plays are great, but so is efficiency, and Arkansas is certainly solid in that department. And that might be just as well -- Mizzou doesn't give up many big plays anyway".
Go Hogs Go!

Mike_e

Well, nobody said it was going to be easy.  Hopefully it looks that way for us.

Good find, thanks.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Mike_e on November 28, 2014, 08:10:15 am
Well, nobody said it was going to be easy.  Hopefully it looks that way for us.

Good find, thanks.

I think this is the best evaluation of the game that I have read.
Go Hogs Go!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 28, 2014, 08:47:09 am
I think this is the best evaluation of the game that I have read.

It would be nice to see every game in that format... nice use of statistics and analysis

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 28, 2014, 09:22:05 am
It would be nice to see every game in that format... nice use of statistics and analysis

And a great explanation of not only the stats, but the strengths and weakenesses of both teams.
Go Hogs Go!

irahogfan

Arkansas will score on a long run today, maybe two,,,,that's what I'm pulling for.....Go Hogs Go
We don't rent pigs!!

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

PonderinHog