Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conference Schedule

Started by devildog, November 26, 2014, 05:58:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

devildog

A quick look at the conference schedule here on Hogville shows us playing Ala, Aub, LSU, and A&M once - but east teams like S. Car and Tenn twice. When did this arrangement start? I thought we always had home and home with west opponents and single games with east oponents.

wupigsuey

Only 1 with UK this year as well, I think
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

PonderinHog

Quote from: devildog on November 26, 2014, 05:58:14 pm
A quick look at the conference schedule here on Hogville shows us playing Ala, Aub, LSU, and A&M once - but east teams like S. Car and Tenn twice. When did this arrangement start? I thought we always had home and home with west opponents and single games with east oponents.
There is no east or west in basketball, effective last year.

Arazorbackguy1

I think that hurt the conference last year.  It's nice to say, hey we won the West, etc.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

devildog

That seems sorta goofy to me. I assume they still seed the SEC tourney W1 through W7 and E1 through E7 so divisions still matter at some point. Oh well, just beat everybody in sight as much as you can.

Big Nasty 34

Danny J

Quote from: devildog on November 26, 2014, 08:33:45 pm
That seems sorta goofy to me. I assume they still seed the SEC tourney W1 through W7 and E1 through E7 so divisions still matter at some point. Oh well, just beat everybody in sight as much as you can.
No....it goes like this:

Both first round games on Wednesday. The session includes #11 vs. #14 and #12 vs. #13.

Session 2
Early games on Thursday. The session includes #8 vs. #9 and #5 vs. a first-round winner.

Session 3
Night games on Thursday. The session includes #7 vs. #10 and #6 vs. a first-round winner.

Session 4
Early games on Friday, the first two games of the quarterfinals. Includes the first game of the tournament for the #1 and #4 seed.

Session 5
Night games on Friday, the last two quarterfinal games. Includes the first games of the tournament for the #2 and #3 seeds.

Copied it directly from the SEC site simply to save me all the typing.

Danny J

Quote from: wupigsuey on November 26, 2014, 06:00:05 pm
Only 1 with UK this year as well, I think
Correct....we play them at their place and UF at their place. Right now as it stands we have a chance for 2 quality SEC wins and both are on the road. Going into the season I thought we had 6 games of real importance to us and we need to win at least 3. We just won the first one. We still play Dayton at home, Clemson and ISU on the road.

We HAVE to win all our home games this year and beat all the bad SEC teams on the road. It was stressed to the point of redundancy last year by the committee chair that OOC SOS and RPI is what will separate teams with like records. It is foremost in the minds of the committee. We really improved in that regard with our OOC schedule this year. However we are going to take a hit with the conference SOS being garbage.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: devildog on November 26, 2014, 05:58:14 pm

Since they ELIMINATED THE DIVISIONS sheesh.
[CENSORED]!

devildog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 26, 2014, 10:11:01 pm
Since they ELIMINATED THE DIVISIONS sheesh.
That's why I asked the question, I didn't know that fact and I trusted the powerful collective brain supernova of Hogville to educate me.

Hawg Red

Anderson's first season was the last season with divisions. Two entire seasons have been played without divisions.