Williams:  9 pts, 5 rebs, 2 asts, 1 stl
Bell:        7 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl
Beard:     6 pts, 1 ast, 1 reb
Watkins:  5 pts, 2 stls
Kingsley:  4 pts, 4 rebs, 2 stls, 1 blk
Harris:      2 pts, 3 rebs, 2 asts, 3 stls

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400586692

Hog Fan from Camden

Williams is playing much better than Harris at this point.

Big Nasty 34

Beard is going to be a great scoring guard for us in the future. Already can do some nice things.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on November 26, 2014, 10:42:32 am
Beard is going to be a great scoring guard for us in the future. Already can do some nice things.

I like his role right now. He has the potential to expand that later in his career to become more of a distributor if he needs to be.

Pignominious

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 26, 2014, 10:39:04 am
Portis:      22 pts, 5 rebs
Qualls:     13 pts, 5 rebs, 4 asts, 1 stl
Madden:  10 pts, 5 asts, 7-8 FT's
Williams:  9 pts, 5 rebs, 2 asts, 1 stl
Bell:        7 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl
Beard:     6 pts, 1 ast, 1 reb
Watkins:  5 pts, 2 stls
Kingsley:  4 pts, 4 rebs, 2 stls, 1 blk
Harris:      2 pts, 3 rebs, 2 asts, 3 stls

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400586692

Kingsley did his work in only nine minutes. Only had one foul too. Harris played 14 minutes and had four fouls. Would have liked to see him get more minutes down the stretch.

Portis, Williams, and Harris are not rim protectors. Kingsley is. SMU shot better than 50% from 2 pt. range. They shot well over that in the second half.  Portis and Williams can't guard good post players. Kingsley has the potential, but how ready is he for serious minutes? He looked good in stretches last night, but I do recall him getting beat on a few plays. Maybe MA thinks he's still raw.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

yraciv

Quote from: Pignominious on November 26, 2014, 11:32:04 am
Kingsley did his work in only nine minutes. Only had one foul too. Harris played 14 minutes and had four fouls. Would have liked to see him get more minutes down the stretch.

Portis, Williams, and Harris are not rim protectors. Kingsley is. SMU shot better than 50% from 2 pt. range. They shot well over that in the second half.  Portis and Williams can't guard good post players. Kingsley has the potential, but how ready is he for serious minutes? He looked good in stretches last night, but I do recall him getting beat on a few plays. Maybe MA thinks he's still raw.

I wouldn't say Portis can't guard LP players, he just has a lot of room for improvement. Lots of those low post baskets weren't post up moves. They were put backs, lobs, and a guy getting free on the defense.

SPAL

Harris can decrease his role anytime now. I have no confidence in him. The bull in a China cabinet act is tired

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 26, 2014, 01:06:40 pm
Harris can decrease his role anytime now. I have no confidence in him. The bull in a China cabinet act is tired

He handles the ball like it's covered with ebola.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Beaverfever

Harris needs to get back on track and forget he was ever given the green light to launch jumpers and penetrate.  Williams is playing the best ball of his career and will be stealing Harris's minutes soon if Harris doesn't embrace his new role.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hog Fan from Camden on November 26, 2014, 10:41:26 am
Williams is playing much better than Harris at this point.

I was thinking the same thing. When is Harris going to start losing PT? He has not looked good the 1st 4 games.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Beaverfever on November 26, 2014, 02:53:22 pm
Harris needs to get back on track and forget he was ever given the green light to launch jumpers and penetrate.  Williams is playing the best ball of his career and will be stealing Harris's minutes soon if Harris doesn't embrace his new role.

Harris would be ten times better if he had a blue collar mentality and did the nasty work down low.

sadhogfan

Kevin

He struggles inside against players with length.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

mhuff

Quote from: Beaverfever on November 26, 2014, 02:53:22 pm

If MA was doing a good job of developing him, he would not be taking those bad shots. Makes me want to puke when he shoots a fade away. Everybody thinks they're Michael Jordan....... Harris shot 46% last year..... Think what it would be if he played for the team instead of himself. Plus, please don't dribble.... That's on the coach.... You tell them not to do it ,and if they don't listen, you take them out of the game. You don't reward players who don't listen.

PonderinHog

Harris' 1 on 4 move to the basket upset me last night.  That said, he can help this team and probably will.  He came on strong late last year.  Maybe he'll do it again.  :razorback: