Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beard is that guy...

Started by TheSportsGuy, November 25, 2014, 11:11:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsGuy

In a short period of time, Anton has taken a good amount of charges.  He just has that knack of how and where to position himself for getting run over.  He's that guy..  I'm callin it.  He'll set the all-time charges taken record (if there was such a thing)...  Was it Nicky Davis who took a ton back in the day?

Rawker

Davis took them quite a bit, but people have soon forgotten that Drake Wade was an absolute master at it.  I myself have definitely noticed that Beard seems to be ahead of many in that department.  Love him....I think he should be running the point most of the game.  He looks very commanding of the ball and the situation.

alaskahog

Beck and Mayberry are two more that come to mind who were great at taking a charge.  I remember others like Cleveland and Gibson always seemed to be in the right place to get a charge.  Pretty impressive to see Beard with such great presence and effort while on the court especially as a freshman.  Fun to watch!

incHOGnito

Quote from: TheSportsGuy on November 25, 2014, 11:11:33 pm
In a short period of time, Anton has taken a good amount of charges.  He just has that knack of how and where to position himself for getting run over.  He's that guy..  I'm callin it.  He'll set the all-time charges taken record (if there was such a thing)...  Was it Nicky Davis who took a ton back in the day?

Sorry, I (and Blake Eddins) dubbed Manny Watkins "that guy" after the Wake Forest game.

TRUHOG718

I noticed him get into a few teammates grill for not doing what they were supposed to be doing as well. Good to see him as Mike Anderson says take ownership. You never know who's going to step up and take on that role. Even a freshman.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

Hogimus Prime

I really like Beard, Watkins and Babb.  I think the Hogs future on the perimeter looks good with those three.  Beard can get to basket and either score or dish it off.  Watkins is a high energy guy with a good basketball IQ.  Babb from what little he has played seems like he is goin to be able to do a little bit of everything.

Razorod

I agree on Beard, Watkins and Babb. Look forward to adding Whitt next year. Could be best backcourt in a long time.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Razorod on November 26, 2014, 10:53:21 am
I agree on Beard, Watkins and Babb. Look forward to adding Whitt next year. Could be best backcourt in a long time.

With the way we are playing, Kevaughn Allen might join the mix as well.

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

TheSportsGuy

I'd like to see what Watkins can do on offense a little more.  He's good at driving and finishing, but can he shoot or is he even willing to shoot?   But i definitely like him.  He's another player you don't have to worry about on the floor.  Always in the right place on defense ect...just like Babb.

mhuff

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on November 26, 2014, 09:27:04 am
I really like Beard, Watkins and Babb.  I think the Hogs future on the perimeter looks good with those three.  Beard can get to basket and either score or dish it off.  Watkins is a high energy guy with a good basketball IQ.  Babb from what little he has played seems like he is goin to be able to do a little bit of everything.

PonderinHog

It's been a long time since we've had these kinds of problems.  This should be fun.   :razorback:

mhuff

Quote from: alaskahog on November 26, 2014, 05:08:00 am
Beck and Mayberry are two more that come to mind who were great at taking a charge.  I remember others like Cleveland and Gibson always seemed to be in the right place to get a charge.  Pretty impressive to see Beard with such great presence and effort while on the court especially as a freshman.  Fun to watch!