Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kody Walker is a Jeff City High grad who gets to play close to home Friday

Started by jbcarol, November 25, 2014, 06:45:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

As a sophomore running back for Jefferson City High School, Kody Walker was already a full-grown 220-pound man. When the Jays visited Springdale, Ark., in the second game of the 2008 season, he played like a man among boys.

QuoteKody went for about 245 yards," Jefferson City Coach Ted LePage said. "It seemed like every time he touched the ball he was either carrying somebody with him or running past somebody. He had a very big night down there and propelled us to victory. I think that was the first time that I noticed that Kody had some potential."

The next week, another Arkansas opponent, Fayetteville, visited Jefferson City. Although the Jays lost the game, Walker again posted more than 200 yards rushing. Arkansas Coach Bobby Petrino's son played on that Fayetteville team — as did current Razorbacks quarterback Brandon Allen — and Petrino was on hand to watch because Hurricane Ike had postponed that weekend's scheduled game at Texas.

"I remember getting a call a few weeks later from the recruiter for Arkansas, who said, 'We're real interested in your running back,' " LePage recalled.

The feeling was mutual...

"We knew we were a good team," Walker said. "We just had to finish. Early on in those close games, it came down to us beating ourselves. We always stayed positive, just knowing our time would come."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Sir Oinksalot

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Huds_HawgTide

He could of had a touchdown catch last saturday and BA overthrew it
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"