Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SIAP - Bret Bielema on CBS Sport Radio yesterday

Started by RazorbackRon, November 25, 2014, 05:35:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorbackRon

I looked and didn't see this posted but I read a good article\interview with CBB today from CBS Sports Radio.

There are a couple of very good quotes by coach ......

Arkansas will play its seventh ranked team of the season this Friday at No. 20 Missouri (9-2, 6-1).

"It is what it is," Bielema said of facing yet another tough opponent. "The neat thing of it is, no matter who we're playing, it's like, who cares? No. 4? Okay. No. 8? Okay. We're just going to play and see what happens."

I actually think\thought we will have played 8 ranked opponents this season (all SEC opponents).

and my favorite ...

Bielema, 44, is trying to bring an old school Big Ten philosophy to the SEC – one involving a strong running game and tough, physical defense.

"It's something I firmly believe in," Bielema said. "It's weather resistant. I think you can recruit a certain type of kid that loves the game to play that way. Sometimes kids are more into the jerseys and what kind of reflective helmet they have instead of how you tackle. That allows us to recruit the right type of kid."

But what if a kid wants a reflective helmet?

"Well," Bielema deadpanned, "then we'll let them wear it during practice."

http://gottlieb.radio.cbssports.com/2014/11/25/bret-bielema-the-ball-actually-bounced-our-way/
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.