Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What do you think the chances of Florida beating Fl State??

Started by hoghevn, November 25, 2014, 03:50:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoghevn

I searched for a similar thread but didn't see one, pardon me if I missed it.

I think Florida wins this one.  They have nothing to lose, the team will be playing HARD for Muschamp and I'm thinking he'd LOVE to go out on having beat the rival and be able to look back at Gator fans and say, enjoy the win and thank you for the $3Million..... Regardless of the game being at Fl State, if the Seminoles get down in this one, I just don't see them coming back against a fired up Gator team.

This would just be great for an undefeated Fl State team to lose to an SEC team who's getting rid of their coach because he's not good enough.

What a way to finally lose a game.
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

Robert Shields

Possible.  It's the first real defense Florida State will face all year.  If Florida gets its ground game going they very well may win.

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ChauvinistPig

Florida will win this one. They will play hard for Muschamp's last game.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

WooP1gChris

Every week I tune into Florida States game just hoping to see that smug look on Jimbo Fisher and Jameis Winstons face just get obliterated when they realize they are out of the CFP.  Dislike both of them with a passion. I'll be rooting for the Gators... that's for sure.

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

porkinsons disease

FSU is very beatable. They are eventually going to sleep 3 quarters against a good team and not be able to turn it on in the 4th quarter. I just don't think it will be the Gators that beat them though.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

davglo35

Where is it ....Tallahassee or Gainesville?  I dont like florida but ill make an exception this time.

NEastArkie

Yeah, I think there's a chance. Rivalry games have a way of coming out differently than what you'd expect.  There are lots of upsets in these games.  Well, lots of upsets relatively speaking.  FSU is still the better team & I'd expect them to win, but UF has very good athletes, was able to beat UGA, & hang with some other SEC teams.  FSU has won every game, but they've struggled against almost everyone they've played.  I predict an FSU win, but a UF win wouldn't surprise me.

rickm1976

Florida will blow FSU out.  FSU luck will run out this time.

Tejano Jawg

This is one of the rare cosmic occurrences—happens every once in awhile—when I'll root for the Florida Gators.

A couple times this year (like the unexpected beatdown of Georgia) they've played some good ball. The O is wildly inconsistent. But, with it being Musky's last game, I think they have a chance. And I think they'll win.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hoginsavga

If Russia had a college football team and were playing FSU I would have a tough decision on which team to pull for. Go Gators.

reddogjcss

The Gators are going to give Muschamp a fair well win. Seminoles luck runs out!

ballz2thewall

it can damn sure happen.

i've not bought into the "terrible" florida as is in the media.  they've had issues but i've never thought they were to be passed over.

and if they get it together they can beat fsu.

man, i hope they do.  that would be great.

fsu fans have been griping all year because fsu isn't seen by pollsters as a dominant #1.

go florida!
The rest of the frog.

FaytownHog

Quote from: davglo35 on November 25, 2014, 04:00:32 pm
Where is it ....Tallahassee or Gainesville?  I dont like florida but ill make an exception this time.
At FSU.

The real Hogules

I don't know if the Gators will beat FSU, but I'll certainly be pulling for UF to win!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

FaytownHog

Quote from: reddogjcss on November 25, 2014, 05:17:11 pm
The Gators are going to give Muschamp a fair well win. Seminoles luck runs out!
They beat FSU when ole Ron Zook was given the boot and allowed to play out the rest of the season. They "won one for the gipper". Hopefully they'll do the same again Saturday.

NLRHog92

25-30% Players are going to play their heart out for Champ's last game and against their rival. Could make their season, even though he won't be there next year. And if the Criminoles somehow Houdini their way out of another game, Tech will be a tough matchup for them in the ACC Championship Game. They'll get beat sometime this year.

Calling All Hogs

I would love for FSU to go down but they seem to always find a way to win while Muschamp seems to find a way to lose.

Fla is a rumbling stumbling bunch but they may win this game.  FSU isn't real good and Fla is playing for their coach.  The FLA D may plow FSU in that one game where everyone busts butt and plays their hearts out.

I am Hogs first and the SEC in general next so FLA go take care of business.

HogFanatic

Lock

Florida not only upsets Florida State, but most likely beats the ever lovin dog ish out of them.

Those players love them some mustachechamp and they are going to be out for blood in this game.
Florida has better athletes. Those athletes are going to stud out for their coach. This game will be over before half.

This as much a sure fire bet as I can imagine. Just bet Florida to cover the spread. But remind me again, what is the spread? I've been out of the loop.

cypert2

Fl St is not that good. Definitely not one of the four best teams in the country. Gators have a great shot at the upset.
Swinging on the two and the four.

widespreadsooie

jgphillips3

I think the Gators have a good shot.  FSU has played down to their competition all year.  Against SEC defensive talent, they may finally get unlucky.

Hoggish1

It happened for a former Florida coach who got fired with two games to go and the game at FSU, but this is a different FSU team.

not likely...

Danny J

widespreadsooie

For those of you saying there is a zero chance for an upset are just plain naive to FSU's record dating back to the beginning of last season. Take a look at there schedule, especially their recent games. They're due to be upset any week at this point and rival like FL, from the SEC, is just the team to do it.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on November 25, 2014, 07:17:55 pm
Lock

Florida not only upsets Florida State, but most likely beats the ever lovin dog ish out of them.

Those players love them some mustachechamp and they are going to be out for blood in this game.
Florida has better athletes. Those athletes are going to stud out for their coach. This game will be over before half.

This as much a sure fire bet as I can imagine. Just bet Florida to cover the spread. But remind me again, what is the spread? I've been out of the loop.

I believe was -10 1/2 yesterday.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Danny J

Quote from: widespreadsooie on November 25, 2014, 09:27:40 pm
For those of you saying there is a zero chance for an upset are just plain naive to FSU's record dating back to the beginning of last season. Take a look at there schedule, especially their recent games. They're due to be upset any week at this point and rival like FL, from the SEC, is just the team to do it.
True but I will say the same thing when a similar thread came up regards Miami's chances...until someone actually beats them especially at home then I just don't see it happening. They just seem to pull these games out. Hope I am wrong though.

HSVhogfan2

Depends on how may bets jameus has rolling. Does he stick to just betting on the halftime score? Does he go all in and cash a big check and throw the whole game? Or does he just bet the under?
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on November 25, 2014, 10:20:50 pm
Depends on how may bets jameus has rolling. Does he stick to just betting on the halftime score? Does he go all in and cash a big check and throw the whole game? Or does he just bet the under?

Haha, this is actually a great point. I say he attempts to shave the first half, possibly the under, but can't pull out the W in the end.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: widespreadsooie on November 25, 2014, 10:23:08 pm
Haha, this is actually a great point. I say he attempts to shave the first half, possibly the under, but can't pull out the W in the end.

Damn, nothing worse on betting unders. Everytime there is a penalty, or a TO you start screaming at the TV, hollering at the ref to spot the damn ball faster after ever play. Miserable way to watch a game.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

hoghevn

I just hope he starts throwing a ref around again like he did last week.  Certainly they'll throw him out of the game this time like they should have done last week.
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

razorbacker3

ballz2thewall

i commented briefly above but i'll add:

this would be GREAT!

no fanbase gripes more about sec bias than fsu.

a florida beatdown on fsu would shut down the world for a bit.

come on, gators!
The rest of the frog.

rusvegashog

I'll be rooting for the Gators like there is a Hog on that Helmet. Believe that.

Augustus

I'll certainly be pulling for Florida. Mostly, because I actually like Muschamp as a Coach (but still hate Florida, as a team/program)

But, I hate FSU even more.

Feelings aside, I think UF will be the 1st formidable defense that FSU has had to face all year. If UF can put together a game plan like they did against Georgia, they should have a chance, even on the road.

Plus, I believe there's been several players come out after Muschamp's "firing"... saying they are loyal to him? I don't think they mail this one in. FSU is still a team that these players have learned to hate.

I expect Florida to come out salty for this one. FSU is playing for the fame, UF will be playing for pride. And, as Hogs fans have seen these past few weeks, heart makes a helluva lot more difference than ego.

HognVA

choppedporkextrasauce

RAZORHOGG15

Interesting tidbit, did anyone know that jimbo and muschamp are friends.  Close enough that they share a beach condo.  That being said a win does not help muschamps future but a loss could be detrimental to jimbo's.  Is there any scenerio where champ throws this game for his buddy?
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

Augustus

Quote from: RAZORHOGG15 on November 25, 2014, 11:53:41 pm
Interesting tidbit, did anyone know that jimbo and muschamp are friends.  Close enough that they share a beach condo.  That being said a win does not help muschamps future but a loss could be detrimental to jimbo's.  Is there any scenerio where champ throws this game for his buddy?

Wow. really?

You don't think upending the current National Champion from the College Football Playoffs, might... um.... help Muschamp land his next job, somewhere?

You think he's just gonna mail it in? FOR "HIS BUDDY'S" BENEFIT?

You think Muschamp is more worried about "his buddy's" future, than his own family's?

Unless Muschamp has already got a job lined up at FSU, as DC... I would think he would try to save as much face as he can? For his own future?

But, then again, I've never risked my future career for a "buddy"... have you?

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

staffhog

Would love to see it but the Gayders don't have enough gas in their tank.

Großer Kriegschwein

50-50. Florida's defense is solid. If it doesn't break down in the second half, they have a punchers chance to beat them.
This is my non-signature signature.

wildturkey8

This scenario has played out before, 2007 Arkansas at LSU, 50-48.

jbcarol

Mark Long @APMarkLong  ·  21 hours ago

Gators safety Jabari Gorman basically says plan is to be physical with FSU receivers who haven't seen much press coverage
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HogFansReunited

God I hate Florida.... still have to root for them to destroy Florida St.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568