Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If AA is the guy...

Started by Arazorbackguy1, November 25, 2014, 01:11:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

He's going to have to play with a little more urgency in the pocket than what we saw on Saturday.  He is also going to need to add a bit more zip to the ball, granted the rain didn't help with a few of his passes.

How does Mizzou's D compare to Ole Miss?  Will they be able to penetrate like OM's?  If so, look for Chaney to have some plays where Austin moves his feet.   I felt like there were times where a qb draw would have been perfect last Saturday, if Brandon were able to do it.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

trashcan maN

They have two DEs that are as talented as Nkemdiche and will likely go in the 1st or 2nd round this year, but their LBs aren't on the same planet as Ole Miss. Neither are their DBs.

Calling All Hogs

I wish AA would pull a Tyler Wilson vs. Auburn 2010 and start completing long downfield passes and scoring almost at will. :)

Arazorbackguy1

Hopefully J Will and Collins can carry the load and demoralize em!
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

The real Hogules

The DE's for Missouri are as good as anyone's in the SEC this year, but their interior DL isn't as good as we faced against either LSU, or Ole Miss.
We should be able to run between the tackles, as long as AA can see when the Tigers are loading the box and can check out of the play and hit our TE's.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

ShadowTheHedgehog

I don't think his play last Saturday really showed what AA can do. He came in cold, into a game where he never thought he would play, the weather was terrible, our D was dominating Ole Miss, and we had a 17-0 points lead.

Last Saturday AA did what he was asked to do, milk the clock, keep the drives going as long as possible and then take a punt rather than a turn-over. He did that very well.

If he has to play this week he will be prepared and expected to play as if he was the starting QB. They will probably simplify some things and play to his strength, but overall he will probably be expected to show what he can do. (Remember that CBB said that he is ready to also have Duwop, AJ Derby, and even Rafe in the mix if we need to dig deep).

I also think we will see a lot of teammates working their butts off for AA if he has to start. This team has a family attitude/mentality and they will try to help and protect AA as much as they can.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 25, 2014, 01:18:55 pm
The DE's for Missouri are as good as anyone's in the SEC this year, but their interior DL isn't as good as we faced against either LSU, or Ole Miss.
We should be able to run between the tackles, as long as AA can see when the Tigers are loading the box and can check out of the play and hit our TE's.

This is what I am hoping for. Good post.

rickm1976

November 25, 2014, 01:50:28 pm #7 Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 04:56:36 pm by rickm1976
I thought AA did every bit as well or better than BA had up to that point.  We'll be fine with either, or with Mitchell.

Barman91

If it is AA, he simply needs to manage the game like his brother. We will run it with ease up the middle and ask AA to find Henry when needed.

DThog90

Who has the faster wheels, BA or AA?

coastalrazorback

The major unknown is how he will react to starting on the road against a hungry defense. Some kids, like Tyler Wilson, aren't phased by such things, while others take time to get settled.

Take aTm as an example. Hill came in at the beginning of the year and played lights out at South Carolina even though it wasn't indicative of who he is. Kyle Allen crapped all over the bed against ULM and performed adequate against Auburn.

nchogg

AA will be just fine. When you see Skipper, Kirkland and our other big lineman pick up there little brothers from the bottom of the pile and give the a bear hug after a big play, I would not want to be the player that tries to hurts AA. I look for the whole offense to be even more smash mouth with holding their blocks this weekend. Go Hogs!

hogsanity

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on November 25, 2014, 01:11:55 pm
He's going to have to play with a little more urgency in the pocket than what we saw on Saturday.  He is also going to need to add a bit more zip to the ball, granted the rain didn't help with a few of his passes.

The out route to HH had plenty on it, so did the cross to Morgan. The pass to KH had to lofted over the defenders that KH had slipped behind. If he throws that on a line it is batted down or picked off. Yes, that was a bit of a duck due to the wet heavy ball, but it had the touch on it needed to get it to him in that spot on the field.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: DThog90 on November 25, 2014, 02:15:15 pm
Who has the faster wheels, BA or AA?

AA always seemed to be the better runner in HS.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: nchogg on November 25, 2014, 02:25:23 pm
AA will be just fine. When you see Skipper, Kirkland and our other big lineman pick up there little brothers from the bottom of the pile and give the a bear hug after a big play, I would not want to be the player that tries to hurts AA. I look for the whole offense to be even more smash mouth with holding their blocks this weekend. Go Hogs!

I think you are right. if AA starts they will make it their mission to help/protect him. Not that they dont do the same for BA but this, I think will be something different, a "you do not mess with our young QB" kind of things.

I was telling one of my friends during the game "When we have a RB/WR/QB on the bottom of the pile and you see Dan pulling defenders off and making sure our players are fine, that is just awesome".

Sportster365

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 25, 2014, 02:47:51 pm

Austin's a football player. Looks like it and plays like it. BA, should've played baseball.

woopig71657

I don't get it...I thought AA looked good against Ole Miss. He was 3/5 for 65 yards. I thought the only thing he did wrong was allow himself to get sacked right before halftime. He showed quite a bit of zip on the out pattern to Henry (could have been Derby, can't remember). The two longer passes needed to be, and were, touch passes. He put it right over underneath defenders on both of those.

Speedracer

Might be seeing some TE and RB screens this week.  I thought they did a great job with AA against Ole Piss so hopefully they can do it again. 
Like smites bother me.

Fayettechill14

Both of Mizzou's DEs are really, really good pass-rushers. Our OTs can't block them in a normal pocket. Collins has done a great job in pass protect the last couple of weeks, and we'll also use a ton of bootlegs and rollouts.

Their LBs are average, as is their secondary. Definitely not bad, but not as good as either Ole Miss or LSU. It's a very good defense overall.

Dropkick

AA was better than Wallace last week, maybe he will be better than Mauk this week.

hogsanity

Quote from: woopig71657 on November 25, 2014, 03:31:52 pm
I don't get it...I thought AA looked good against Ole Miss. He was 3/5 for 65 yards. I thought the only thing he did wrong was allow himself to get sacked right before halftime. He showed quite a bit of zip on the out pattern to Henry (could have been Derby, can't remember). The two longer passes needed to be, and were, touch passes. He put it right over underneath defenders on both of those.

He did.  There are some hoping that Duwop will see time at Qb, or that they will take the red shirt off of RP for a few plays in the last game of the reg season. WHY they hope that, I have no idea, but they do. I would rather see Tretola at Qb for the whole game than to see RP on the field for one play this season.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

cmiller01

That would be interesting to see RP get some playing time in his home state.

I cannot see anyone removing Rafe's redshirt on the last game of the season.  If AA is allowed to practice first team this week I think we will be fine.  I worry that Brandon will be played if he is able to crawl onto the field.  I see Brandon taking enough snaps to hinder AAs lessons and we may end up with 2 un-prepared QBs at the game.  AA can assist in winning this game if he is allowed to learn and practice first team all week long.  AA has done well in the very limited chances he has been given like during the Spring game.  Our #2 QB situation is dire partly due to the fact that no one but Brandon has been allowed very much even in games where the decision was not in doubt.

wupigsuey

Quote from: cmiller01 on November 25, 2014, 04:49:57 pm
That would be interesting to see RP get some playing time in his home state.

waste of a redshirt IMO
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

sickboy

Quote from: Sportster365 on November 25, 2014, 03:21:05 pm
Austin's a football player. Looks like it and plays like it. BA, should've played baseball.

BA is doing just fine as a football player.

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on November 25, 2014, 05:06:04 pm
I cannot see anyone removing Rafe's redshirt on the last game of the season.  If AA is allowed to practice first team this week I think we will be fine.  I worry that Brandon will be played if he is able to crawl onto the field.  I see Brandon taking enough snaps to hinder AAs lessons and we may end up with 2 un-prepared QBs at the game.  AA can assist in winning this game if he is allowed to learn and practice first team all week long.  AA has done well in the very limited chances he has been given like during the Spring game.  Our #2 QB situation is dire partly due to the fact that no one but Brandon has been allowed very much even in games where the decision was not in doubt.

I'm guessing you've failed to read where BA wasn't even going to practice Monday or Tuesday, and hopefully throw some on Wednesday? I guess Tretola is getting all the snaps in practice.....

Pigstie

With AA taking the snaps for most of the week, he may be the best option Friday. If BA isn't 100%, I hope they don't put him out there for the sake of experience. AA's personality will serve him well in this type of situation. He won't be phased. Take what the defense gives you and take off if you see a lane. And Slide!
Also, if duwop is out of the doghouse I would like to see him run the wildhog. His timing would be little better than JWill throwing the ball.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

FaytownHog

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 25, 2014, 02:47:51 pm
That's what I was about to say. I got a chance to watch them both play at Fayetteville and I thought AA was the better of the two in speed and willingness to run and even in throwing ability. Now the question will be how well he knows the playbook vs what he's seeing from the defense in the SEC etc. A lot can change under the big lights. I thought he did well against Ole Miss. Did what he was asked and his passes, no matter how hard he threw them, were in stride with his WR's, which is what needed to happen.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 25, 2014, 01:16:46 pm
I wish AA would pull a Tyler Wilson vs. Auburn 2010 and start completing long downfield passes and scoring almost at will. :)
17 straight completions. T'would be epic.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on November 25, 2014, 05:08:41 pm
I'm guessing you've failed to read where BA wasn't even going to practice Monday or Tuesday, and hopefully throw some on Wednesday? I guess Tretola is getting all the snaps in practice.....
Also we should remember BA basically never practiced last season. So CBB's usual "He didn't practice. He won't play" doesn't apply to BA.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ricepig

@Bret Bielema:Was good to have our #HOGS back healthy and to watch @BrandonAllen_10 run around and throw today. Tough kids who love to play #HogBall

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on November 25, 2014, 06:58:48 pm
@Bret Bielema:Was good to have our #HOGS back healthy and to watch @BrandonAllen_10 run around and throw today. Tough kids who love to play #HogBall

I nominate you Poster of the day.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hawgzinbowlz

I'd be surprised if BA doesn't attempt to go. If it's not possible AA will be our guy.

A winning streak is on the line.

" GO HOGS "