Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keys to beating Mizzou

Started by t-money, November 25, 2014, 12:23:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

t-money

I caught this little nugget of information on one of their main team websites. Thought it was very interesting and something to look for on Friday.

Article: http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112414aaa.html

START FAST, SCORE FIRST
Mizzou has been getting out of the gates fast of late, and the Tigers hope to see more of the same Friday against Arkansas. In Mizzou's current 5-game winning streak, the Tigers have scored first in every game, and that includes getting points the very first time they've touched the ball in four of those games. Here's a quick look back:
Nov. 22 at Tennessee - Mizzou took opening kick, drove 75 yards (12 plays, 4:37 TOP) for a 7-0 lead on a Marcus Murphy 1-yard TD run.
Nov. 15 at Texas A&M - Mizzou's defense stopped A&M on their opening drive, then the offense drove 60 yards (9 plays, 4:36 TOP) for a 38-yard FG by Andrew Baggett and a 3-0 lead.
Nov. 1 vs. Kentucky - After a scoreless 1st quarter, Mizzou drew first blood with a 55-yard (9 plays, 4:15 TOP) drive that resulted in a 3-yard TD pass from Maty Mauk to Bud Sasser for a 7-0 lead at the 12:56 mark of the 2nd quarter.
Oct. 25 vs. Vanderbilt - Mizzou took the opening kick and drove 44 yards (10 plays, 4:01 TOP) for a 37-yard field goal by Andrew Baggett and a 3-0 lead.
Oct. 18 at Florida - Mizzou received the opening kickoff of the game, and Marcus Murphy kickstarted the night by housing it, going 96 yards the other way for a lightning-quick 7-0 lead just :11 seconds into the game.
In looking at MU's 9-2 record so far, a tendency that has held true all year relates to which team scores first. The Tigers have scored first in all of their 9 wins, and opponents have scored first in both of MU's losses (Indiana, Georgia).

Looks like we need to be the first to score, and we win.. it's really that easy :)
W. - What's
  I. -  Important
   N. -  Now

-Lou Holtz

woopigsooie1222

As long as we score more points than them, we will win.
The South Will Rise Again!