Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs need a win tonight

Started by MountieDawg, November 25, 2014, 09:58:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MountieDawg

November 25, 2014, 09:58:43 am Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 04:12:47 pm by MountieDawg
Other than Kentucky the rest of the SEC has looked awful....  Florida may get healthy, but they are not very good right now.... Arkansas is a clear top 2 in the conference with a win tonight. I predict the Hogs win by 12!
SEC!

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: MountieDawg on November 25, 2014, 09:58:43 am
Other than Kentucky the rest of the SEC has looked awful....  Florida may get healthy, but they are not very good right now.... Arkansas is a clear top 2 in the conference with a win tonight. I predict the Hogs win by 12!

Hope your prediction is accurate. I want a win. 1 point is good but would be too stressful. I like your scenario better. Hope that happens.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

poloprince

If we shoot the 3 at the clip we have been thus far, hogs will win.  :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

mhuff

Quote from: MountieDawg on November 25, 2014, 09:58:43 am

I predict we win by 6.....

mbgrulz

We are +5.5 according to the line I saw. Looks like Vegas thinks we'll lose. I figured we'd be dogs, but not quite that much!

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: mbgrulz on November 25, 2014, 12:03:08 pm
We are +5.5 according to the line I saw. Looks like Vegas thinks we'll lose. I figured we'd be dogs, but not quite that much!
Were not so good on road , that's how they are coming up with the 5.5

mhuff

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on November 25, 2014, 12:07:03 pm

I backed off the 12 point prediction because we are on the road. I am not a betting man, but I believe 5.5 would be a good bet. I guess I have drunk the Kool Aide or something. Actually, my hopes are up that MA has the players that will play defense and play team ball. If we deviate from that , he had better regroup. I am encouraged by the number of assists we are tallying. It is a definite improvement. There are other improvements, but this one stands out the most. We just have to play at our pace.

mhuff

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on November 25, 2014, 12:07:03 pm

Well, we have not given them anything to believe differently.....YET.    However, this is not last year's team ,and we have the pieces to pull off a good season.

Amityvillehogger

Ability to start repairing that road reputation starts tonight. Put up or shut up.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

skbhog

Need to win on the road for sure. GO HOGS!!!

Danny J

Depends on the energy of the team. If we come out flat and can't muster the emotion and intensity to play the style we want to play because we are not in BWA then we will lose. However there is no chance we lose IF we play with intensity. We are just a better team than SMU all the way around.

40MINSOFHELL

I picked us to win this game but if we lose, I'll be avoiding this place tonight. You will see people who only show up when we lose.

The_Iceman

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on November 25, 2014, 01:37:45 pm
I picked us to win this game but if we lose, I'll be avoiding this place tonight. You will see people who only show up when we lose.

MMQB is like a ghost down with all the negative trolls gone. Lose to Mizzou, and they'll all be back.

I assume it will be similar on here tonight. A few certain posters that are noticeably absence will make their loudmouth presence felt.

rude1

Big game IMO. For all the talk of swagger about this team, here is where they have to show they are indeed different than previous years by winning. Not a must win by any stretch but a win tonight could set the tone for how they will play on the road for the season.

jry04

Hopefully the guys can feed off of the opposing crowd. We usually do not get up for the games in front of weak crowds.

mhuff

Quote from: Danny J on November 25, 2014, 01:03:20 pm
Depends on the energy of the team. If we come out flat and can't muster the emotion and intensity to play the style we want to play because we are not in BWA then we will lose. However there is no chance we lose IF we play with intensity. We are just a better team than SMU all the way around.

headbeaver

I am going to be disappointed if we lose tonight.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

intelligence

Quote from: rude1 on November 25, 2014, 02:05:44 pm
Big game IMO. For all the talk of swagger about this team, here is where they have to show they are indeed different than previous years by winning. Not a must win by any stretch but a win tonight could set the tone for how they will play on the road for the season.

I think it is a must win. have you seen our conference? we must look very good in non con or we could be on the outside looking in.

The_Iceman

Quote from: headbeaver on November 25, 2014, 03:42:27 pm
I am going to be disappointed if we lose tonight.

If we play well and lose, I won't be that disappointed. Winning on the road is tough and SMU is a good team. If we play like crap and with no energy like we have shown in the past to do, then I will be upset.

rude1

Quote from: intelligence on November 25, 2014, 04:07:08 pm
I think it is a must win. have you seen our conference? we must look very good in non con or we could be on the outside looking in.
It's not a must win IMO way too early in the season for this to be a must win. There will be ample games remaining on the schedule to get quality wins. The conference is bad but the OOC schedule is much better this year.

Rawker

Quote from: jry04 on November 25, 2014, 02:14:25 pm
Hopefully the guys can feed off of the opposing crowd. We usually do not get up for the games in front of weak crowds.
In the old days, a game in Dallas would have been a home game.

Rawker

Quote from: intelligence on November 25, 2014, 04:07:08 pm

No way, man. C'mon, against a team that started ranked, at their house, 4 games in. Gimme a break....if the Hogs are at 17-8, then games start the be must wins. Not at 3-0 against good opponents.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Rawker on November 25, 2014, 04:29:49 pm
In the old days, a game in Dallas would have been a home game.

It might be tonight, if enough SMU fans didn't snatch up the tickets.

intelligence

Quote from: Rawker on November 25, 2014, 04:33:41 pm
No way, man. C'mon, against a team that started ranked, at their house, 4 games in. Gimme a break....if the Hogs are at 17-8, then games start the be must wins. Not at 3-0 against good opponents.

I'm stingy tho... win em all!

-Blu

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on November 25, 2014, 01:37:45 pm

I already called that last week.  I think it's going to get pretty bad around here if we lose, especially since football is on a 2 game winning streak, to some people that means the basketball team should never lose now.

Atlhogfan1

If a Hog fan wants to vent after a loss, it shouldn't matter how active they are in the forum as long as their criticism remains within the board's rules. 

I don't believe this game to be a must win but it would be a very good win as long as SMU plays to how they appear capable of playing this season.  It is a good opportunity for the resume. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

elksnort

They need to win to show they can on the road.

latrops

Quote from: rude1 on November 25, 2014, 02:05:44 pm

That's my thought.  This game is important in that it is an opportunity to get over that road hump early.  To get to that 23+ win mark we have to win more than a few outside the state.  Be nice to get things off on the right foot.

PORKULATOR

Tonight is a must win

And we will

Wps
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

intelligence

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 25, 2014, 08:27:32 pm
Tonight is a must win

And we will

Wps

Lol, its easy to say that with us up 10 in the waning minutes of the second half.

PORKULATOR

In an even game, we're up 25 by now.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

intelligence

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 25, 2014, 08:32:03 pm
In an even game, we're up 25 by now.

these SMU zebras can't even beat us.

RazorFlix

MountieDawg

Hogs win about as I thought they would. Score a little closer due to late free throws, but a really good win better than the final score.
SEC!

Okie Hog

Danny J