Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ryan Mallett Out

Started by Randy Johnson, November 25, 2014, 06:41:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Johnson

With starting QB Ryan Mallett done for the year due to a torn right pectoral muscle, the Texans are in need of another signal caller. The team intends to sign veteran Thaddeus Lewis to round out a unit that features veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick and rookie Tom Savage.

jjdlc

Wow, and it happened in that first game.  No wonder he looked so bad against Cincy.  Poor guy, finally gets his shot and that happens.  Hopefully the Texans don't get jumpy and release him before next season.

Razorbax

Quote from: jjdlc on November 25, 2014, 08:20:40 am
Wow, and it happened in that first game.  No wonder he looked so bad against Cincy.  Poor guy, finally gets his shot and that happens.  Hopefully the Texans don't get jumpy and release him before next season.

I believe it is the last year of his contract. Therefore, he will be a FA and can go to any team.

jjdlc

Quote from: Razorbax on November 25, 2014, 09:58:28 am
I believe it is the last year of his contract. Therefore, he will be a FA and can go to any team.

I'm just saying, he has one good game, and one bad game to put on his resume, he might not get another chance.

hoghearted

I thought I saw somewhere that the Texans have indicated they want Mallett to come back next year and compete for the starter position.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Keyser Sooieze

My fantasy football update says he's finished for the season--sucks! He's a free agent now (after season end) with 2 games under his belt, one he played while injured.  Tough break for Ryan.

jacobp

Do you REALLY think you're not the 100th person to post this?

hoglady

Houston has already said they want him back.
So he's not done yet - I hope he stays in Houston.
He looked really, really good running that offense in his first game.
And for those who continue to say he didn't look great - he had the 10 highest QBR of any NFL QB in their first start since 2001.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

WooPig90

kodiakisland

In case you haven't heard, Mallett's getting the start against the Browns!!!
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Keyser Sooieze

Jesus Christ--two out of 3 posts on the thread simply reflections on my apparant "lateness" to post said news--on a Tuesday. Some football chums you guys are.  FWIW, I looked on the entire first and second page as well as the NFL page before I posted--there was nothing here.  I guess I'm just SO out of touch that those threads have already been bumped back even further!  That makes me a Hogville loser supereme....sorry for taking up precious space--I guess I'm just as not as cool as all you guys who are "first to post!"  What an achievment you've made with your lives! 

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: kodiakisland on November 26, 2014, 09:08:51 am
In case you haven't heard, Mallett's getting the start against the Browns!!!

The Browns? I though the Patriots play Green Bay this Sunday.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Nathan "Rumplepigskin" Mattox on November 26, 2014, 09:10:49 am
Jesus Christ--two out of 3 posts on the thread simply reflections on my apparant "lateness" to post said news--on a Tuesday. Some football chums you guys are.  FWIW, I looked on the entire first and second page as well as the NFL page before I posted--there was nothing here.  I guess I'm just SO out of touch that those threads have already been bumped back even further!  That makes me a Hogville loser supereme....sorry for taking up precious space--I guess I'm just as not as cool as all you guys who are "first to post!"  What an achievment you've made with your lives!

Can't have a thin skin on HV.  BTW, I looked on page 2 and saw three threads.

kodiakisland

Quote from: LL COOL HOG on November 26, 2014, 09:15:50 am
The Browns? I though the Patriots play Green Bay this Sunday.

In staying with the theme of the thread, you must only post old news.

Oh wait, you went really old.  Someone should have posted he wasn't with the Patriots anymore.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/