Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just note this re: SMU

Started by Biggus Piggus, November 24, 2014, 10:49:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

Last week, SMU lost at Indiana by 6.

Over the weekend, SMU beat Eastern Washington by 9.

Tonight, Eastern Washington won at Indiana.

EWU has a very good inside game, doesn't play much defense. SMU handled the inside attack and ran its offense well.

This is a very interesting matchup for Arkansas.
[CENSORED]!

intelligence

You know, not that it matters, but i'll say this. I'm very nervous about our game tomorrow night. So much this season is riding on our ability to take Hogball on the road. The team has a chance to put the questions to rest to tomorrow but after so many seasons of seeing the hogs implode on the road, i'm curbing my enthusiasm a bit.

onebadrubi

Quote from: intelligence on November 24, 2014, 10:54:12 pm
You know, not that it matters, but i'll say this. I'm very nervous about our game tomorrow night. So much this season is riding on our ability to take Hogball on the road. The team has a chance to put the questions to rest to tomorrow but after so many seasons of seeing the hogs implode on the road, i'm curbing my enthusiasm a bit.

While your concerns could easily be answered tomorrow, it's early in the season and this team will get better each week.  Keep that in mind

intelligence

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 24, 2014, 10:58:59 pm
While your concerns could easily be answered tomorrow, it's early in the season and this team will get better each week.  Keep that in mind

Wise words.

Rawker

Quote from: intelligence on November 24, 2014, 10:54:12 pm
You just spoke the words of 2 million Arkansans, 300 media pundits, and even probably about 20 people that sit on the Hog bench at one time or another.  Right now I think MA's extension of Hell is predicated on the energy of the home crowd, but I think it showed itself more in 2013 than 2012, and will increase in 2014. Doesn't mean it will show up tomorrow.  You just never know....in 1991 I went to see #1 (or 2) Arkansas play at TCU, expecting to chow down on popcorn while they Harlem Globetrottered the **** out of some frogs.  Ummmm....I didn't eat during the game....or after...for at least a day.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 24, 2014, 10:58:59 pm
[/quote
You'd be surprised at how most teams really don't get better throughout the year.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I really like our team this year.  Mike has more to work with, and he has them playing with confidence.

I'm VERY pumped about the season as a whole.

But yes, this will be a good test.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Kevin

Need the win , the sec is getting beat up this non conference season. Right now the sec maybe a 3 bid league, unless something change over the next month
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The_Iceman

Auburn sucks. Only scored 35 points.

incHOGnito

I would almost like to see the second unit start on the road. We tend to struggle shooting early in road games. Might as well get the tempo up. The second unit also knows that they aren't out there to take jump shots so they might relax a bit. I know it probably won't happen, but I think it would get the game started off right.

Mick Hogger

Would hate to finally get ranked and then get knocked right back out. Time to earn some respect and fear.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

EastMemphisHog

SMU is getting a bad rap. They lost to Indiana and Gonzaga. That should have been expected anyway.

Hawg Red

Quote from: cshivley1 on November 25, 2014, 09:33:18 am
SMU is getting a bad rap. They lost to Indiana and Gonzaga. That should have been expected anyway.

Indiana isn't good this year. Gonzaga, however, is.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 25, 2014, 09:37:59 am
Indiana isn't good this year. Gonzaga, however, is.

Indiana may not be that good, but they are not easy to be at home.  Their home crowd was the difference in that game.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: incHOGnito on November 25, 2014, 06:51:04 am
I would almost like to see the second unit start on the road. We tend to struggle shooting early in road games. Might as well get the tempo up. The second unit also knows that they aren't out there to take jump shots so they might relax a bit. I know it probably won't happen, but I think it would get the game started off right.

Alandise Harris will most definitley jack some hero shots early.

Safest bet of the week.

Blutoblutarsky

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 25, 2014, 01:03:15 pm
Alandise Harris will most definitley jack some hero shots early.

Safest bet of the week.

Faaaadddeeeerrrr

PonderinHog

I think Harris had 21 points against SMU last year.